Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 68 Pikeville 67
Final
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I know some posters on here always say Pikeville gets a home whistle. Well as of tonight no one should ever say that again. Paintsville shot at least 25 free throws to Pikeville 5 or 7. Foul count was 23 Pikeville to Paintsville 11. Sammons may have played a total of 7 mins the whole game. He scored 11 straight in the 4th to give the Panthers a 1 point lead late. Also a monster slam. Even with the bad whistle Boyd-Blair got a steal and had a lay up to take the lead with maybe under 20 secs left and missed it. If he makes that the result could have been different.

These Panthers with all these injuries are battling. If they stay out of foul trouble and put a complete game together they can make a big run

Nick Keaton was the difference in the game. He dominated the boards. The Tigers will miss him when he graduates.
East Ridge beats PIKEVILLE next week in District tournament at JENKINS.
Jenkins wins it all. Sleeper team
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:East Ridge beats PIKEVILLE next week in District tournament at JENKINS.

I know every one has an opinion I'm just curious to see what this is based on? A close game at East Ridge when Pugh was out? East Ridge has a nice team don't get me wrong and if Sykes doesn't bail on his teammates to join Valley then I would say this is a possibility. Sammons is the best player on the floor and at a neutral site I'd say Panthers by 12.
BoyWonder14 Wrote:I know some posters on here always say Pikeville gets a home whistle. Well as of tonight no one should ever say that again. Paintsville shot at least 25 free throws to Pikeville 5 or 7. Foul count was 23 Pikeville to Paintsville 11. Sammons may have played a total of 7 mins the whole game. He scored 11 straight in the 4th to give the Panthers a 1 point lead late. Also a monster slam. Even with the bad whistle Boyd-Blair got a steal and had a lay up to take the lead with maybe under 20 secs left and missed it. If he makes that the result could have been different.

These Panthers with all these injuries are battling. If they stay out of foul trouble and put a complete game together they can make a big run

Nick Keaton was the difference in the game. He dominated the boards. The Tigers will miss him when he graduates.
And Sammons picked up his 5th right before he went on that 11 point scoring run, he knew it, the coaches knew it and the entire crowd knew it, but somehow it was called on 24 instead. Confusednicker:
Creeker Wrote:And Sammons picked up his 5th right before he went on that 11 point scoring run, he knew it, the coaches knew it and the entire crowd knew it, but somehow it was called on 24 instead. Confusednicker:

I agree with ya on that one. I think the refs felt bad on that call with all the foul trouble pikeville was in.
^ Great game to watch nonetheless.
Creeker Wrote:^ Great game to watch nonetheless.

I agree. If Pikeville didn't have their starting backcourt out I believe they could win the Region. I still believe they could make some noise. If Paintsville gets by JC I also think they could make a run. Keaton is a force down low. He gets every rebound.
Pikeville would have won the region if the backcourt hadn’t gotten hurt. They very well may still win the region, remember they got some experience in tournament play on that team. They will battle for sure.