Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best of the Midwest Combine
The annual Best of the Midwest combine was held at grand park in Indianapolis this past weekend. Azariah Israel from GRC won RB MVP. Any other top statistical performers from Kentucky?
Israel is easily one of Kentucky's most underrated players right now.
Tanner Wright sophomore from Southwestern had the best 40 time for RB's with a 4.6.
http://www.botmwcombine.com/results/botm...ts2020.htm

Here is a link to the results from all position groups.

Trent Asher RB Leslie Co.
4.63 40 (6th RB's) (15th Overall)
4.13 Pro Shuttle (5th RB's) (40th Overall)
6.84 L Drill (1st RB)(3rd Overall)
9'5 Broad (5th RB) (14 overall)

42 RB's In attendance
378 Total Kids
I Rule The World Wrote:http://www.botmwcombine.com/results/botm...ts2020.htm

Here is a link to the results from all position groups.

Trent Asher RB Leslie Co.
4.63 40 (6th RB's) (15th Overall)
4.13 Pro Shuttle (5th RB's) (40th Overall)
6.84 L Drill (1st RB)(3rd Overall)
9'5 Broad (5th RB) (14 overall)

42 RB's In attendance
378 Total Kids

I wished they would list strength and heart very strong and hard working kid that would be a starter on any team in Eastern Kentucky.
Easily the most underrated player in the state. If he stays healthy he will have a huge season. Wishing him and the Eagles a great season. Hearing alot of good things about the big Davidson kid who was a freshman this last season.
Franklin County took around 12 kids, all performed well, all but three were underclassmen.
Tyler Morris from LCA ran a 4.45... and he plays d-line!!🤯🤯🤯
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Tyler Morris from LCA ran a 4.45... and he plays d-line!!🤯🤯🤯
Kid is an athlete and when it’s all said he done he won’t be playing D-line in college
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Tyler Morris from LCA ran a 4.45... and he plays d-line!!🤯🤯🤯

He was listed as a DB in the results, had some good times? Why would he be in the dline ?
FCSPY Wrote:He was listed as a DB in the results, had some good times? Why would he be in the dline ?
This season for LCA he lined up as an OLB/edge rusher. He has really added speed and developed his game
Laser or hand timed?
E's Army Wrote:Laser or hand timed?
Hand timed. Also hearing there have been many problems regarding the times
I think it’s crazy that some of these kids go to these combines as a freshman/sophomore and run 40’s when they have a time Over 5sec as a RB, WR or DB. IMO that player isn’t doing himself any favors for his future recruitment and it is better to just not run at that young age if your times are abnormally low for your position.
Or it’s a wake up call for them LOL
These combines mean nothing. Any kid could shine in these but its what happens when the pads come on is when you see how good they really are.anyways goodluck to the eagles this year🏈🏈
These combines matter a lot if you don’t go to them or work at this stuff, your gonna be out of luck unless your a kid that is just a natural.... they want to know your times period. If you can’t run your not going to the next level. Going young gives your experience and let’s you know what to work on. To each their own, but this is how kids are measured nowadays.
Both of your are right. What happens on the field matters but also doing well in select combines matter. Scores travel fast from combines which then leads to video. IMO hand times will become a thing of the past very soon due to subjectivity in who’s timing. I feel laser times will be requested form of measurement from colleges very soon. Some of the major combines have already made the move. The laser is unforgiving but the most accurate tool. Kids, especially young kids need to get acclimated on their form when being laser timed. They also need to be prepared to accept their 4.6 laser time b/c that’s fast. Laser times are typically .17-.20 slower than hand. I’ve seen kids come in as 4.4 kids on hand and lose it because they run a 4.6 on laser. It’s all about educating up front.
I'll give it to the BTOMW Combine guys on the hand timing.. Asher according to his numbers he put up at National Combine, ran 4.64 on laser, then hand timed 4.63 twice.. Whoever was timing that line was spot on..
This post is good, I like good things happen
These things matter. Kash Daniel was not on a single power 5 radar and then he went to one of these and dominated. That started it all for him.
2000PHS Wrote:These things matter. Kash Daniel was not on a single power 5 radar and then he went to one of these and dominated. That started it all for him.

Yep, perfect example of a combine performance putting a kid on the radar of P5 schools.
Combine's are game changers, especially for kids in this area who don't get a lot of exposure. It would be nice if Eastern Kentucky could hold a combine for kids in this area and in the region.
2000PHS Wrote:These things matter. Kash Daniel was not on a single power 5 radar and then he went to one of these and dominated. That started it all for him.

True and was then followed up by someone who made a LOT of phone calls and emails! It’s been proven that These Combines can make all the difference but the kids also NEED People behind them who Is willing to make those phone calls and send those emails on their behalf. More so from our area than most. We’ve had too many that have had the talent but not the support.