Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officiating in the 15th region
I have watched high school basketball for over 30 years and played in high school. The officiating in the 15th region is the worse I have seen it. These refs are letting these kids beat each other to death. Don be surprised if there isn't alot more kids hurt or some night these refs will lose control of a game and we will see and all out brawl. It's coming. Come these aren't college players these are kids. 15-19 years old. Another thing you have 2 of the top teams play in the region and you should see some of the refs the assigning secretary assigns to a top game. Worse I have ever seen the 15th region. Guess politics has made its way to officiating too
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:I have watched high school basketball for over 30 years and played in high school. The officiating in the 15th region is the worse I have seen it. These refs are letting these kids beat each other to death. Don be surprised if there isn't alot more kids hurt or some night these refs will lose control of a game and we will see and all out brawl. It's coming. Come these aren't college players these are kids. 15-19 years old. Another thing you have 2 of the top teams play in the region and you should see some of the refs the assigning secretary assigns to a top game. Worse I have ever seen the 15th region. Guess politics has made its way to officiating too
You also have to know who the coaches have scratched and it eliminates them
Having some of the better officials.
If you think you know the game better sign up at Khsaa.org, it’s not as easy as you think.
I agree with Friday lights. It’s not as easy as everybody seems to think. I’m so sick of every losing fan base blaming the refs each time their team loses.
Knott Central and Floyd Central game last night was very well officiated !
As long as it's called the same both ways, let'em play. At least we don't have reviews yet, I get so tired of all the plays the refs go to monitors in college BB.
ekywildcat Wrote:As long as it's called the same both ways, let'em play. At least we don't have reviews yet, I get so tired of all the plays the refs go to monitors in college BB.

Exactly. If it’s 💩 that’s fine as long as it’s 💩 on both ends. The officials that allow emotion to influence their job is where there’s a problem.
if you watch a college game you can see the 15th region isn’t the only referees that are questionable more times than not. But they have a incredibly hard job and I wouldn’t do it for any amount of money less than a fat check and I know they don’t get that. So it’s hard to complain too much. I just hate those refs that inflict themselves into a game and make their dominance shown. It ruins rhythms of games and no one get can momentum going because of all the tick tack falls called.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
14th bad too !
For years the 15th region didn’t let players play physical enough , I like that they have loosened that up a little because other places in the state let players play and it always hurts us in tournament time.
Officiating can be viewed as good or bad just about anywhere you go. But without a doubt in my opinion, the worst officiating you will ever see is in the 14th region! Man their are some bad ones in that region and they will flat dictate a game.
I agree refs in 15 region are terrible.watching game last night kid pushing kids in lower back while in air at least 10 times no call than with 1 min to go he goes to kid gives him warning. The guy was looking right at it all night.p.s I also think the should have to be in shape to run floor for entire game.
Wish they would have let us play when I played. I fouled out of 75% of the games my Senior year. Got called for a lot of touchy BS. And every time Mike Hall called one of our games, I fouled out, with him calling all 5 fouls on me most of them (had an incident with him in baseball my junior year, I guess he felt the need to take it out on me in basketball)
Spud6 Wrote:if you watch a college game you can see the 15th region isn’t the only referees that are questionable more times than not. But they have a incredibly hard job and I wouldn’t do it for any amount of money less than a fat check and I know they don’t get that. So it’s hard to complain too much. I just hate those refs that inflict themselves into a game and make their dominance shown. It ruins rhythms of games and no one get can momentum going because of all the tick tack falls called.

That’s the problem I have Spud is most people look at it as “its hard to complain” like someone is labeled a jerk if they talk negatively about the way a game was called. We should look at officiating as we do any other occupation. If we go out to eat and a waitress is rude and messed up our order and doesn’t come back to check if we need a refill we have no problem talking about how crappy the service is at that restaurant and if it continues, the waitress will undoubtedly lose his or her job. Officiating is no different. They are paid to do a job. If they are incapable of doing a good job at their position, them KHSAA needs to replace them with someone else that will do a better job. We as fans need to move away from the mindset of “someone is a poor sport when they call out another (man or woman) for performing poorly at their job. We also say “it’s a tough job” but should it be? If your making correct calls, is it really a tough job? We all understand, you cannot please everyone and I can’t speak for any of the other regions since I don’t watch them but In the 15th Region I’m usually around opposing fans during the games and no matter if the call is for their team or against their team, if it’s the correct call, it’s the correct call and they typically agree with it. I know officials that have done it for many years and overall haven’t had many issues. I also know some that always have issues. If one is finding themself in situations every time he or she turns around, then they probably need to ask themselves “what am I doing wrong”. These kids work way too hard day in and day out to have an emotional or spiteful official making it about them during a game. As for the good officials that we do have in our Region, Thank you for your hard work and we are proud to have you!
Mike Hall, Dale Conn & Joey Dotson might be some of the worse to ever pick up a whistle!
Funny you mention those names Big Don. There was a Johnson county Ref at the Paintsville Hazard game tonight in Richmond setting on Hazards side, clapping for The Bulldogs. Cheering against fellow Johnson countians???
Big Don Wrote:Mike Hall, Dale Conn & Joey Dotson might be some of the worse to ever pick up a whistle!

One of my favorites that’s done it is a very long time is Tim Trent. He does a solid job. Travis Jones has been calling a lot of games around the area lately and he’s as good and unbiased as I’ve seen. Officiating here in Richmond seemed pretty good. There were some calls missed here and there but that’s to be expected.
If I wasn't disabled I sure would. Sure could do a better job. I would not let these teenagers kill one another.
I cheer for nobody. I just go watch the games and I can't believe what I'm seeing
Yell that's mike Hall for ya
Tim Trent is pitiful
Hambley Wrote:For years the 15th region didn’t let players play physical enough , I like that they have loosened that up a little because other places in the state let players play and it always hurts us in tournament time.

I think that is a good point. But tonights game almost go out of control. 15th officials gotta clean it up.