Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Courier-Journal All-State Team
How in the hell isnt the Dixon kid running back from belfry not mention. 3 touchdowns 236 yards in state championship win over over rated bell county team. Why? He should be a candidate for Mr. Football next year. Belfry should be pre season #1 next season in 3A.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:How in the hell isnt the Dixon kid running back from belfry not mention. 3 touchdowns 236 yards in state championship win over over rated bell county team. Why? He should be a candidate for Mr. Football next year. Belfry should be pre season #1 next season in 3A.

For the same reason the entire state of Kentucky constantly gets dragged down politics...Nepotism has seen many talented athletes go to waste and people wonder why the state school has been so abysmal at football for decades, basketball’s worse it’s why you hardly ever see a Kentucky kid on their roster...
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:How in the hell isnt the Dixon kid running back from belfry not mention. 3 touchdowns 236 yards in state championship win over over rated bell county team. Why? He should be a candidate for Mr. Football next year. Belfry should be pre season #1 next season in 3A.

Appreciate all the confidence you show in the Pirates my friend but you may want to pump the brakes there just a little. LOL!

While I agree that Dixon should have probably been mentioned somewhere on the C.J. list, it's not rare though to see some extremely good players left out sometimes. Why? Well because there's alot of really good talent in Kentucky, all over the state actually. Sometimes we get caught up in the players we see or here about on a weekly basis in our area's that we totally forget that there's a helluva lot more programs outside these mountains that have great players too. I don't think they just left him out on purpose but more of an issue that they had no where to put him. And if you look real hard and watch some film on the kids that's listed, you'll see that they to are some damn good football players themselves. I think him being injured 3-4 games this year hurt Isaac a little as well on making this list.

Dixon is good but he's not better than Hightower or Sloan, IMO. And Dixon is just a junior. I'm sure if he can stay healthy and have a year like he had this year for Belfry next year that not only will he be somewhere on the 2020 C.J. All State Team but, like you mentioned, he may even be considered as a Mr. Football candidate as well. But he's got to stay healthy and on the field. Time will tell.

Belfry may be ranked preseason #1 next year, who knows. But if their not then it's completely justified. I'm not one of those fans who think a team should be preseason #1 just because they won the previous championship. Because there's ALOT of factors that go into it.

First, you have to look and see how hard graduation hit a team. And for Belfry, it's going to hit pretty damn hard! You also have to take into account what other teams have returning. I'll just use Belfry and Bell County for examples. (I don't have a clue what the Bobcats have returning this is just for example).

Alright I know what Belfry is losing: RB Bently, FB Hensley, OC Wolford, OT Cochran, WR's Oliver and Spears, DE Cook, DL Baisden, DL Stepp, LB Ashurst, CB Birchfield (all starters) and a couple others. As you can see, that's a TON of holes to fill. Now say on the other hand that Bell County only loses 2-3 players. Both teams just played in the state championship a couple weeks ago and the Pirates won by only 10 points. Can anyone honestly say Belfry should be ranked ahead of Bell County the following season? I don't see how you can. But that's just me. Again, appreciate the confidence you have in the Pirates. You've always been a big supporter of Belfry, at least you have been on here, but I disagree with you on this my friend.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Can anyone honestly say Belfry should be ranked ahead of Bell County the following season? I don't see how you can. But that's just me. Again, appreciate the confidence you have in the Pirates. You've always been a big supporter of Belfry, at least you have been on here, but I disagree with you on this my friend.

I think Belfry, DeSales, and Bell are 1A, 1B, and 1C.

Losing Stephany is a massive hit for Bell. Not only did he account for over 2886 total yards, what he freed up in the run game by having to account for him really helped the other Bell backs. Plus, he was arguably their best or second best defensive player.

Bell will still be very stout next year and I expect them to be considerably better defensively.

DeSales loses their biggest strength with Scott, Watkins, and Lewis departing off that DLine. With that said, James Johnson is a total stud at RB and they should have a stout line and back half of the Defense as well.

Another team to keep an eye on next year is Etown. They had a ton of Juniors that will be back but they do lose Becherer.

Russell was right there with Ashland all year and return more than the Tomcats including Nathan Conley.

Taylor County loses Goodin and a couple strong WR's and linemen but they should be a Top 7 team. Glasgow will be solid but probably not better than they were this year. Ashland will be solid.

Mercer County and Tilghman should each take a step back. Bardstown will as well but they still have some great proven playmakers.

If I had to make a Top 10 right now:
1. Bell County- Have to err on the side of experience with that many starters back.
2. Belfry- If you told me Belfry had a solution in the middle of the D-Line and at DB I might feel different.
3. DeSales
4. Etown
5. CAL- They have the Babins back but have massive holes up front to fill.
6. Russell
7. Taylor County
8. Ashland
9. Glasgow
10. Bardstown
For the classes I have any type of read on:

1A
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville- Closes the gap in a big way
3. NewCath- Really good skill back.
4. Crittenden County- Here is your darkhorse. They return a lot.
5. KCD- Lose Mr. Everything Heard but have a lot back.
6. Hazard
7. Raceland
8. Lou. Holy Cross
9. Campbellsville
10. Ludlow

2A
1. Somerset- Sheron and Grundy are studs.
2. LCA- Still going to be very good.
3. Beechwood- Hergott back and they have to start better.
4. Mayfield- Have to ding them because they simply lose so much production.
5. Breathitt County- Even without Collins they should be stout.
6. West Carter- Darkhorse.
7. Caldwell County
8. Danville (Going to take a bunch of losses though)
9. Owensboro Catholic
10. Lloyd Memorial

4A
1. Johnson Central
2. Boyle County- Still far from empty despite losing this epic Senior class
3. Wayne County- Sloan!
4. Franklin County- Watch out for them, return two of their three best players.
5. Central- Return an absolute ton of experience especially on Defense where they were solid.
6. Hopkinsville- Remember the name Reese Jesse.
7. Corbin- Expect a bounceback.
8. Franklin-Simpson- Expect them to get their step back a little.
9. LexCath- Replacing Allen won't be easy.
10. Harlan County
Hound05 Wrote:Yea I’m sure everyone’s own kid would be 1st team all American even though they were a 5”6 155 LB hah.

I didn't have a vote but my son Micah was all West Kentucky and honorable mention all state DE. He is 5' 7" .

He was all heart. Just pulling your chain buddy. :Thumbs:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think Belfry, DeSales, and Bell are 1A, 1B, and 1C.

Losing Stephany is a massive hit for Bell. Not only did he account for over 2886 total yards, what he freed up in the run game by having to account for him really helped the other Bell backs. Plus, he was arguably their best or second best defensive player.

Bell will still be very stout next year and I expect them to be considerably better defensively.

DeSales loses their biggest strength with Scott, Watkins, and Lewis departing off that DLine. With that said, James Johnson is a total stud at RB and they should have a stout line and back half of the Defense as well.

Another team to keep an eye on next year is Etown. They had a ton of Juniors that will be back but they do lose Becherer.

Russell was right there with Ashland all year and return more than the Tomcats including Nathan Conley.

Taylor County loses Goodin and a couple strong WR's and linemen but they should be a Top 7 team. Glasgow will be solid but probably not better than they were this year. Ashland will be solid.

Mercer County and Tilghman should each take a step back. Bardstown will as well but they still have some great proven playmakers.

If I had to make a Top 10 right now:
1. Bell County- Have to err on the side of experience with that many starters back.
2. Belfry- If you told me Belfry had a solution in the middle of the D-Line and at DB I might feel different.
3. DeSales
4. Etown
5. CAL- They have the Babins back but have massive holes up front to fill.
6. Russell
7. Taylor County
8. Ashland
9. Glasgow
10. Bardstown

I agree. The biggest issues for the Pirates next year is going to be on the defensive side of the ball. Like you said, D-Line and the defensive backfield is where they will hurt the most. Belfry will still have some dangerous weapons on offense and will score points. Are they going to be able to stop other teams from scoring will be the question.
single shot Wrote:Just wait to the the Lexington Hairless selects it’ll be politics at its finest...
Check the stats out on Bargo from Whitley County Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Check the stats out on Bargo from Whitley County Smile
:biglmao::biglmao: