Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 40 Breathitt County 25
Is Collins out of sons? The school seems to only hire him when he has a son available.
First of all, Congratulations to the Briar Jumpers, you guys were the better team and I hope you go to Kroger Field and bring home a championship. As far as the game itself, Breathitt had their opportunities, but Somerset always seemed to have an answer. The biggest play of the game to me, was the 4th and 11 conversion by Somerset after being down 13-0, in the first quarter. If Breathitt gets the stop and somehow found a way to score, I think it could have changed the complexion of the game. After the conversion, Somerset regained their composure, and took control of the game. Throughout the game, there was missed opportunities by both teams, but turnovers really put Breathitt "behind the eight ball". If I'm not mistaken, Somerset scored 14 points off of three Breathitt turnovers and when you play an elite team like Somerset, you can't have multiple turnovers and expect to win. Offensively, Breathitt was able to move the ball on Somerset, and our offensive line was able to get a good push all night, but it seemed like their defense stepped up and got stops when they needed them the most. Defensively, I knew we would give up a lot of yards, but the defense gave us an opportunity, by keeping the game within two scores the entire second half. At the end of the day, Breathitt played well and they have nothing to hang their heads about. The program's future is looking bright and it wouldn't surprise me to see both teams in the state semi finals again next year.
The Bobcat surprised the Rabbit by jumping into the Briar patch. However the Rabbit was already at home and had too many holes to escape through. The Bobcat did give chase but the Rabbit knew the Briar Patch too well. Maybe next time the Bobcat will have a better plan however the Rabbit will know he is coming.
Walt Longmire Wrote:One last observation: Breathitt County needs to go back to the block letter B on their helmets. I like the new logo but not on their helmets. I think the classic look was iconic in Kentucky high school football.

Totally agree. I loved the B. Classic and simple plus instantly recognizable.
Hopefully Breathitt can keep this momentum swinging into next year.
Real Badman Wrote:Hopefully Breathitt can keep this momentum swinging into next year.

We lost a lot of great players on both side of the ball but have a solid line coming back and both qb’s so we just need to find some boys to step up and make plays and we will have a good season I don’t think as good as this year but I think the bobcats are back and going to be around for the foreseeable future
Big_blue Wrote:We lost a lot of great players on both side of the ball but have a solid line coming back and both qb’s so we just need to find some boys to step up and make plays and we will have a good season I don’t think as good as this year but I think the bobcats are back and going to be around for the foreseeable future

Breathitt County should run District 7 for the next 3 years IMO. KCC is awful. Leslie County was a disappointing this season. Middlesboro will continue to improve under French but they just don’t have the talent that Breathitt County possesses.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Breathitt County should run District 7 for the next 3 years IMO. KCC is awful. Leslie County was a disappointing this season. Middlesboro will continue to improve under French but they just don’t have the talent that Breathitt County possesses.
while I agree that the Bobcats SHOULD be the class of that district and they do have the talent there to do so, this season was helped by a couple transfers and a couple more players that had transferred and came back. I have heard good things in regards to the feeder program and the talent that has been coached up there.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I heard that Braxton Ohara may be on his way to Perry Central. Not sure why Breathitt went away from him like they did especially adding Collins to the backfield this season.
DukeBoy Wrote:I heard that Braxton Ohara may be on his way to Perry Central. Not sure why Breathitt went away from him like they did especially adding Collins to the backfield this season.

That rumor has been going around for the past couple of years. I think O'Hara is best suited at TE, especially if he is going to play on the next level. Also, why would he want to play football at Perry Central? They don't even have a coach and it appears the Commodores are going to be down again next year. Coach Moore will do what's best for the young mans future.
Maybe the young man wants to play QB. Playing TE sure aint his best interest. Everyone doesnt want to play college football. I thought he was a good QB. Breathitt without Collins and Slaughter will go back to reality next season. Collins was a game changer. Guess Weddle will take his spot in the backfield. Good luck to Coach Moore and the Bobcats. Hope they get a title next year.