Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Vick's Done
Two co-defendants are taking a plea bargain and testifying against Vick.

Now Vick's probably going to jail for sure, but the only thing I've heard today, a number of times, is "Vick's definitely going to jail now, but possibly (or probably) for under a year."

They sold him out to save their own butts, whether he's guilty or not, but he plays football, so they probably won't do much.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Two co-defendants are taking a plea bargain and testifying against Vick.

Now Vick's probably going to jail for sure, but the only thing I've heard today, a number of times, is "Vick's definitely going to jail now, but possibly (or probably) for under a year."

They sold him out to save their own butts, whether he's guilty or not, but he plays football, so they probably won't do much.
Vick is goin to cop a plea in which he will say he is guilty. If he goes to trial not only could his career be gone but he could possibly go to jail for 5 years. Because of the two codefendants pleaing out he was left with no choice. Either way this is proving he lied to Commissoner Goodell about being involved with the dog fighting. So suspension is a def whether he goes to jail or not.
BFritz Wrote:but he plays football, so they probably won't do much.

The Feds could do more. They have a sealed superceding indictment that would add more charges to Vick and they are using that, plus the testimony from Vick's co-horts to put him to the grill and confess. The feds don't want to go to trial and they don't come after people without hard evidence.

Doesn't matter if he's a football player to me. What he did was wrong.

I'd say the Falcons will move on, Vick will be suspended for the season and have to make a comeback (if he chooses to) with another team down the road.
as bad as I hate to admit this...Vick will be lucky to serve 6 months, maybe 8, pay a big fine, and you'll see him back in football possibly next year or the year after that...which is bullshit. He dont deserve to see daylight again, let alone play football.
He will, when he comes back, be in a Falcons uniform. Atlanta which is a Black city, supports him blindly. The owner of the team knows where the money is and sad to say it the NFL is a buisness. Once the suspension is over look for Vick to return to his team.
Amun-Ra Wrote:He will, when he comes back, be in a Falcons uniform. Atlanta which is a Black city, supports him blindly. The owner of the team knows where the money is and sad to say it the NFL is a buisness. Once the suspension is over look for Vick to return to his team.

Great post, and I agree, but I think the league might kick him out.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Side note, but with Vick likely out for the year, it really changes the context of all the Falcons' games this year.

One loser is the NFL Network, which had already scheduled the Falcons to be featured as their part of the league's Thanksgiving Day tripleheader, against the Colts. You know they were going to bill that game as a matchup between Peyton Manning and Michael Vick, and now that game loses a lot of its luster. Atlanta is also scheduled to host Monday Night Football on ESPN twice this upcoming season.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
As I went out tonight to feed my black lab. I looked at him and saw in his eyes all the undying devotion that only mans best friend can give. At that moment, I was even further convinced at how evil and sadistic somone has to be to elctricute,drown, or choke a dog to death.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:As I went out tonight to feed my black lab. I looked at him and saw in his eyes all the undying devotion that only mans best friend can give. At that moment, I was even further convinced at how evil and sadistic somone has to be to elctricute,drown, or choke a dog to death.
I can't even stand to see my dog hurt.

More Cowbell Wrote:Side note, but with Vick likely out for the year, it really changes the context of all the Falcons' games this year.

One loser is the NFL Network, which had already scheduled the Falcons to be featured as their part of the league's Thanksgiving Day tripleheader, against the Colts. You know they were going to bill that game as a matchup between Peyton Manning and Michael Vick, and now that game loses a lot of its luster. Atlanta is also scheduled to host Monday Night Football on ESPN twice this upcoming season.

And, their defense usually holds them together, but I'm seeing that they're not even projected in the top 20 this year in any projections, and it's usually above 25.