Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A #1 DeSales 39 3A #9 Mercer County 23
I'm really hoping for a Mercer / DeSales rematch.
ColtPride Wrote:I'm really hoping for a Mercer / DeSales rematch.

Mercer is really hoping they get another shot also. I think the winner of this district is playing at Kroger field in December.
Mercer has to get by CAL
E's Army Wrote:Mercer has to get by CAL

I agree with this possible notion. I have nothing against Mercer Co., and for a myriad of reasons, would prefer that they play DeSales, and not the Centurions; however, if I would pressed to wager on the game, I would choose CAL, without a moment's hesitation.

And to further the point, I would not be surprised if DeSales lost to CAL on the 15th; DeSales has lost three times at home, all three are against CAL, and that also means that CAL has never lost at DeSales.
E's Army Wrote:Mercer has to get by CAL

Pretty sure everyone is aware of that. That is why I said above Mercer would like a rematch with Desales. IF we don't have a rematch with Desales it means we got beat by CAL. Mercer or any other team in the playoffs can't look past the next game they have. I think whoever of these 3 teams that wins on 11-15-19 will go to Kroger Field.
turkeysalad Wrote:I agree with this possible notion. I have nothing against Mercer Co., and for a myriad of reasons, would prefer that they play DeSales, and not the Centurions; however, if I would pressed to wager on the game, I would choose CAL, without a moment's hesitation.

And to further the point, I would not be surprised if DeSales lost to CAL on the 15th; DeSales has lost three times at home, all three are against CAL, and that also means that CAL has never lost at DeSales.

Did Desales ever trail CAL in that game?
UK1 Wrote:Did Desales ever trail CAL in that game?

I don't think so.

I think the Colts were up 14-0 and then CAL tied it in the 2nd half.
Colts were up 21-0 early in the second. After that, CAL played with some urgency, and DeSales did not.