Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview @ Raceland 10-18-19
Thoughts?
Raceland wins big
Rams roll. Still no love lost. But this is no longer competitive. Raceland by 40
Everything ok with Raceland faithful. :popcorn:
Rams by eleventy billion and I hit snappy ho ho so hard his drivers liscense bleeds!
64SUR Wrote:Everything ok with Raceland faithful. :popcorn:

Uuuuhhhh......I don’t get it
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Uuuuhhhh......I don’t get it

I missed the Raceland fan comments, best fan based in the state :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:I missed the Raceland fan comments, best fan based in the state :Cheerlead

Just wait to next week 64SUR
Everyone be safe and stay healthy and we’ll see you next week!
Raceland by the number they choose
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Can’t wait to get this one out of the way and get the war started!
Welp this used to be huge. Now its not note worthy at all. Scrappy will be in attendance regardless. Win or lose i gotta pay for the bus to go to south greenup.
Ams 42
Eagles 6
Running clock before half time Rams win by 50 plus
Rams by a whole big bunch.
I miss the good ol days. This is boring
What's it take to get Clint and Coo Coo out of the dag on shadows?! Hows this...Fairview was only good when they extended their bus routes to huntington!...insert South Greenup, pot calls the kettle...recruitment...scandal...cant win with our own kids...I know you are but what am I

C'mon Man!!! Serious talk, is there a light at the end of the tunnel for Fairview?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:What's it take to get Clint and Coo Coo out of the dag on shadows?! Hows this...Fairview was only good when they extended their bus routes to huntington!...insert South Greenup, pot calls the kettle...recruitment...scandal...cant win with our own kids...I know you are but what am I

C'mon Man!!! Serious talk, is there a light at the end of the tunnel for Fairview?

No there isn’t! They fall into the category of schools that need to consider shutting down their football program due to the lack of kids interested in playing and lack of money to keep it going! My thing is....where are all those Fairview fans at now?? They sure did have a lot when they were busing the boys in from Huntington.Why don’t those same fans show up now on Fridays?
Those games a few years ago were some of the best high school football games I've ever seen. The intensity and bad blood between the two programs was special. It brought about great gate money for the schools. If Fairview only hadn't gotten caught playing an ineligible player from Ashland, the rivalry would perhaps still be ongoing because they had established themselves as a viable destination for players from Huntington, Spring Valley, Coal Grove, Ironton, Boyd County, Ashland, and even Charleston. The last remnants of that crew beat Raceland in 2015 as Alex Roy passed to Antwan Washington for the win, a fitting conclusion to the "Believe in the Wood" chapter of local sports. Then it was over for Fairview football. Raceland and Fairview have met 3 times since that game. Raceland has outscored Fairview 134-6 in those 3 games.

Names like Chris Jennings, Gary Felder, Justin Warrick, Chris Kimbro, Jibri Russell, Akeem Webb, Justin Davis, Caleb McKnight, Logan Thovson, Kurtlen Brown, Tanner Dolen, Chase Goble, Clay Goble, Isaiah King, Chris Perkins, Jalen Thomas, Armonde Yetts, Elijah King, Mason Rutherford, Fred Hightower, and Antwan Washington will not be forgotten, though, as the McPeeks had something going for Fairview football.

Now they have taken the show to Lexington at Frederick Douglass where they have compiled a 28-4 record over the first 2 1/2 years there. This year, they've outscored opponents 311-14 so far. Say what you want about the McPeeks, but they know how to build a football program and they certainly brought excitement to local football. What was a crowd of thousands watching this game a few years ago will now be a crowd of only close friends and family.

The attention now shifts up the road to Red Devil Lane this week for the prime time game as Ashland and Russell now supplant Fairview and Raceland as the game to watch in the area. It was fun times for class A football in our area for a few years, though.
nekysportsfan Wrote:Those games a few years ago were some of the best high school football games I've ever seen. The intensity and bad blood between the two programs was special. It brought about great gate money for the schools. If Fairview only hadn't gotten caught playing an ineligible player from Ashland, the rivalry would perhaps still be ongoing because they had established themselves as a viable destination for players from Huntington, Spring Valley, Coal Grove, Ironton, Boyd County, Ashland, and even Charleston. The last remnants of that crew beat Raceland in 2015 as Alex Roy passed to Antwan Washington for the win, a fitting conclusion to the "Believe in the Wood" chapter of local sports. Then it was over for Fairview football. Raceland and Fairview have met 3 times since that game. Raceland has outscored Fairview 134-6 in those 3 games.

Names like Chris Jennings, Gary Felder, Justin Warrick, Chris Kimbro, Jibri Russell, Akeem Webb, Justin Davis, Caleb McKnight, Logan Thovson, Kurtlen Brown, Tanner Dolen, Chase Goble, Clay Goble, Isaiah King, Chris Perkins, Jalen Thomas, Armonde Yetts, Elijah King, Mason Rutherford, Fred Hightower, and Antwan Washington will not be forgotten, though, as the McPeeks had something going for Fairview football.

Now they have taken the show to Lexington at Frederick Douglass where they have compiled a 28-4 record over the first 2 1/2 years there. This year, they've outscored opponents 311-14 so far. Say what you want about the McPeeks, but they know how to build a football program and they certainly brought excitement to local football. What was a crowd of thousands watching this game a few years ago will now be a crowd of only close friends and family.

The attention now shifts up the road to Red Devil Lane this week for the prime time game as Ashland and Russell now supplant Fairview and Raceland as the game to watch in the area. It was fun times for class A football in our area for a few years, though.

I agree with what your saying....it was fun! Even being a Raceland fan it was fun to have a meaningful game that was close! But I disagree with the McPeeks knowing how to build a program! They know how to cheat and manipulate and do things shady....if they built Fairview’s program right they would still be there and the kids left behind wouldn’t still be paying for the things they did!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I agree with what your saying....it was fun! Even being a Raceland fan it was fun to have a meaningful game that was close! But I disagree with the McPeeks knowing how to build a program! They know how to cheat and manipulate and do things shady....if they built Fairview’s program right they would still be there and the kids left behind wouldn’t still be paying for the things they did!

Kind of reads like Garry and/or Nate wrote this post.
15-0 Rams 10:38 left in the 1st. These fireworks are embarrassing.
Wow
69-6 final
Painful to watch.
I didn’t think it was possible to get worse than last week. I was wrong.