3. Lexington Christian
4. Owensboro Catholic
5. Beechwood
6. Breathitt County
7. Caldwell County
8. Murray
9. Newport
10. Todd County Central

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.
Im not sure Beechwood or Newport belong in the top 10 at this point.
1-3 like in most cases are way above the rest of the class imo. My only question is, is Breathitt legit? Who have they beat?
Elite Eagle Wrote:1-3 like in most cases are way above the rest of the class imo. My only question is, is Breathitt legit? Who have they beat?

I think the biggest competition Breathitt will see in the regular season is Leslie County so that game should be the best indicator of how legit their chances are of winning Class 2A
Elite Eagle Wrote:1-3 like in most cases are way above the rest of the class imo. My only question is, is Breathitt legit? Who have they beat?

I agree. 1-3 is where the 2A champion will come from, IMO. And if I had to make a bet on it, I'd say it's going to come down to Somerset or Mayfield.

As far as Breathitt County, they have looked very impressive playing their schedule. But you have a legitimate question, who have they beat? I guess it just depends on who you ask. I don't think they can beat any of the top 5 teams on this list and I don't think they would even be competitive against the top 3. But that's just my opinion, which doesn't mean much. Lol
Wow !!!! Mayfield still not #1 :disappoint:
64SUR Wrote:Wow !!!! Mayfield still not #1 :disappoint:

No worries, December will come soon!
64SUR Wrote:Wow !!!! Mayfield still not #1 :disappoint:

Not saying I agree or disagree with you 64, but why should they be? I'd just like your input on this one. Myself I like Somerset at #1 with Mayfield very, very close behind, at this moment, but if it was flipped I wouldn't have a problem with that either. What's your take on these two?
Just my opinion but I like Mayfield and LCA over Somerset. We will know a lot more on the 18th when Somerset goes to Lexington
Beechwood has no business being in the top 10. Time for them to move on from them. Breathitt has played a week schedule but putting a running clock on every team they have played this far has to mean something.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Not saying I agree or disagree with you 64, but why should they be? I'd just like your input on this one. Myself I like Somerset at #1 with Mayfield very, very close behind, at this moment, but if it was flipped I wouldn't have a problem with that either. What's your take on these two?

Ok 55 I just believe mayfield has 3 bigger wins than somerset and Lexington Christian

Mayfield
Hopkinsville 27-20 Hopkinsville top 10 in 4A
Lausanne ( Memphis TN ) 45-22
Paducah Tilghman 38-20 Top 10 in 3A
Mayfield only loss this season to Top 10 6A MacCracken County 35-45

Lexington Christian
Lexington Catholic 43-42 Top 10 in 4A
Williamsburg 55-21 Top 10 in 1A
Cincinnati Hill 47-37
Lexington Christian only loss this season to Top 10 3A Belfry 20-39

Somerset
Rockcastle County 40-0
Beechwood 46-14 Top 10 in 2A ( Beechwood ain’t that good) side note Corbin suck when they played beechwood)
Williamsburg 41-13
Somerset is undefeated 5-0

Somerset and Lexington Christian has one thing in common both beat 1A
Williamsburg

55 :blondetea
#55PirateFan and Mysonis55 good lord what have I got myself into Confusednicker:
#55PirateFan Wrote:Not saying I agree or disagree with you 64, but why should they be? I'd just like your input on this one. Myself I like Somerset at #1 with Mayfield very, very close behind, at this moment, but if it was flipped I wouldn't have a problem with that either. What's your take on these two?

Can you explain your reasoning? I don't have a problem with you feeling that way but I don't really understand it. The Bunnies have crushed their competition but I don't think the competition is close to what the Cards have played with the only blemish being to a strong McCracken Co. I do admit after taking the L to McCracken I was glad they were not a #1 in hopes of it helping them focus their eyes on the prize
I think this thing will work itself out in the end between who is better at 1 and 2. The thing I’m most confused about is how Caldwell Co is getting no more respect than they are and how Murray constantly keeps getting thrown behind OC. This is the same OC that got beat by the same Murray at home last year. The 2 teams are close to exactly what they had last year. If anything, Murray had more returning.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think this thing will work itself out in the end between who is better at 1 and 2. The thing I’m most confused about is how Caldwell Co is getting no more respect than they are and how Murray constantly keeps getting thrown behind OC. This is the same OC that got beat by the same Murray at home last year. The 2 teams are close to exactly what they had last year. If anything, Murray had more returning.

upstate pollsters perhaps
It will all fall into place soon.
64SUR Wrote:Ok 55 I just believe mayfield has 3 bigger wins than somerset and Lexington Christian

Mayfield
Hopkinsville 27-20 Hopkinsville top 10 in 4A
Lausanne ( Memphis TN ) 45-22
Paducah Tilghman 38-20 Top 10 in 3A
Mayfield only loss this season to Top 10 6A MacCracken County 35-45

Lexington Christian
Lexington Catholic 43-42 Top 10 in 4A
Williamsburg 55-21 Top 10 in 1A
Cincinnati Hill 47-37
Lexington Christian only loss this season to Top 10 3A Belfry 20-39

Somerset
Rockcastle County 40-0
Beechwood 46-14 Top 10 in 2A ( Beechwood ain’t that good) side note Corbin suck when they played beechwood)
Williamsburg 41-13
Somerset is undefeated 5-0

Somerset and Lexington Christian has one thing in common both beat 1A
Williamsburg

55 :blondetea

Makes since. Can't hardly argue with that. Only argument that can be made is Somerset is undefeated and Mayfield has the one loss.
Regardless of rankings, 1 or 2 Somerset is a BAD matchup for Mayfield. Their power is Mayfield's weakness. I hope someone else can knock them off.......seems unlikely.
I don’t think it’s such a bad match up from what I’ve seen.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Can you explain your reasoning? I don't have a problem with you feeling that way but I don't really understand it. The Bunnies have crushed their competition but I don't think the competition is close to what the Cards have played with the only blemish being to a strong McCracken Co. I do admit after taking the L to McCracken I was glad they were not a #1 in hopes of it helping them focus their eyes on the prize

The only explanation is the obvious, ones undefeated and ones not. I agree 100% with you that Mayfield has played the tougher schedule. While Somerset has the weaker schedule they have done with that schedule what really good teams do, their leaving no doubt. That's my reasoning. Now whether it's right or not I dont know but that's just what I'm going off of. I think Somerset and Mayfield are neck and neck as to who is the best team in 2A right now.

I agree also that the lose Mayfield took was the best thing that could have happened to them. They dont have all that pressure from the media, and especially the fan base, of going undeafeated. I believe kids get caught up in the hype and gets distracted. It's better that it happened early rather than later on when there isn't another game if you get beat. Now they can refocus and they now know that they can get beat if they get complacent. I believe they'll be a better team for it.
pirate 55 .. dead on there at the end.. id rather they be like 3rd..to give them the fight an desire.. after handling the Ohio State Buckeyes (laussane Collegiant) in game one they seemingly had the world beater Disease. Then after hoptown exposed a major weekness , pt , an mccracken both tried taking advantage of it too with mccracken being successful... if our coaches dont get control of it we will be in serious trouble against a Somerset type offense... this fri will tell if there has been any changes cause caldwell has a good air attack..
1 Somerset
2 mayfield
3 lca
4 Murray
5 brethitt co
6 caldwell
7 o cath
8 newport
9 beechwood
10 todd county

Just my take on it
WestCarterComet Wrote:I think the biggest competition Breathitt will see in the regular season is Leslie County so that game should be the best indicator of how legit their chances are of winning Class 2A

LC is my alma mater but been out of town for a few years now and really had no clue about Breathitt. I hear from the coaches and former classmates that we(Leslie County) are having a somewhat shaky start to this season so if we are truly Breathitts best competition then they must have a somewhat weak schedule.
Elite Eagle Wrote:LC is my alma mater but been out of town for a few years now and really had no clue about Breathitt. I hear from the coaches and former classmates that we(Leslie County) are having a somewhat shaky start to this season so if we are truly Breathitts best competition then they must have a somewhat weak schedule.

They do
ontopofthewest Wrote:pirate 55 .. dead on there at the end.. id rather they be like 3rd..to give them the fight an desire.. after handling the Ohio State Buckeyes (laussane Collegiant) in game one they seemingly had the world beater Disease. Then after hoptown exposed a major weekness , pt , an mccracken both tried taking advantage of it too with mccracken being successful... if our coaches dont get control of it we will be in serious trouble against a Somerset type offense... this fri will tell if there has been any changes cause caldwell has a good air attack..
1 Somerset
2 mayfield
3 lca
4 Murray
5 brethitt co
6 caldwell
7 o cath
8 newport
9 beechwood
10 todd county

Just my take on it

I agree my friend
WestCarterComet Wrote:I think the biggest competition Breathitt will see in the regular season is Leslie County so that game should be the best indicator of how legit their chances are of winning Class 2A
Their chances of winning 2A are 0. IMO
I realize Breathitt plays a weak schedule and will likely be undefeated and put up many running clock games throughout the year, but, regardless of that schedule and barring injuries, they have the talent on there roster to compete toe to toe with any team in the class, including Somerset and Mayfield. You have no control over who your district opponents are, but, I'm sure they wish they had a couple of challenging non district games to test them before the playoffs.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I realize Breathitt plays a weak schedule and will likely be undefeated and put up many running clock games throughout the year, but, regardless of that schedule and barring injuries, they have the talent on there roster to compete toe to toe with any team in the class, including Somerset and Mayfield. You have no control over who your district opponents are, but, I'm sure they wish they had a couple of challenging non district games to test them
before the playoffs.

Not seen Breathitt play this year but even if they do have the same type of talent as the top schools in 2A, their weak schedule will hurt them tremendously in the playoffs imo. Lack of experience in close games, not seeing opponents of same caliber or potentially more talent than them will come into play big time for the Bobcats.
Elite Eagle Wrote:Not seen Breathitt play this year but even if they do have the same type of talent as the top schools in 2A, their weak schedule will hurt them tremendously in the playoffs imo. Lack of experience in close games, not seeing opponents of same caliber or potentially more talent than them will come into play big time for the Bobcats.

Or on the other hand, they could be healthier than those other teams because they didn't have to play in too many 4 quarter games, plus, they should be playing with a lot of confidence and a chip on there shoulder because all they've heard all year is how bad there schedule is.

I agree it hurts not having the experience of being battle tested, but, it could also end up helping them in some ways, too.
Cardinal#74 Wrote:Their chances of winning 2A are 0. IMO

If o hara is 100% I think they could very possibly put a running clock on Leslie.

I guess time will tell how good Breathitt really is but they are for real.
wolfcat Wrote:If o hara is 100% I think they could very possibly put a running clock on Leslie.

I guess time will tell how good Breathitt really is but they are for real.
I’m doubtful