Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge @ Prestonsburg 9-27
The East Ridge Warriors come into Josh Francis Field @ Blackcat Stadium with an 0-4 record for this opening game of district play.

The Blackcats have a record of 1-4 and are coming off of a humbling loss to county rival Floyd Central.

I don't really know much on East Ridge other than their history, and well it's not good.

However, history won't decide this game.

PBurg has to be able to spread the ball around like they have been doing, but have got to get better on defense.

I'll take my Cats 28-12.
Prestonsburg gets their 2nd win.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Prestonsburg 27-6
Donnie Daniels will pull out all the tricks for this one. If anyone knows the Blackcats, its Donnie Daniels.
Prestonsburg gets W #2 on the season
C A T S cats cats cats!! Pburg goes to 1-0 in the district.
Blackcats by 10
If the Blackcats play a good clean game then they should win by a few touchdowns. Play sloppy and let East Ridge hang around late then they'll have their hands full.

Best of luck to both squads... Go Blackcats!!!
If the Blackcats can dominate the LOS, then it could get ugly; BUT that has been a major issue for us all year on BOTH sides of the ball.

With it being district play, Coach Brewer will have these young Cats ready though!
Game is over before it starts. Black cats roll.
Coach Brewer is a season and a half into a 3 to 5 year rebuild of Prestonsburg Football. By all accounts, he is a little ahead of schedule. They start 7 freshman or sophomores and others contribute plenty of snaps. The offense and defense are evolving to fit and best utilize the personnel he has and his commitment to a high level strength and conditioning program will pay huge dividends. The youngs Cats grow up a little bit more this Friday with a win in a game they will control from start to finish. BlackCats 28 East Ridge 7.
Big Chief Wrote:Coach Brewer is a season and a half into a 3 to 5 year rebuild of Prestonsburg Football. By all accounts, he is a little ahead of schedule. They start 7 freshman or sophomores and others contribute plenty of snaps. The offense and defense are evolving to fit and best utilize the personnel he has and his commitment to a high level strength and conditioning program will pay huge dividends. The youngs Cats grow up a little bit more this Friday with a win in a game they will control from start to finish. BlackCats 28 East Ridge 7.

GREAT post! I know it's hard for our community made up of quite a few fairweather fans to notice from home. I don't really intend to ruffle any feathers, but the attendance has really dropped the last few years. If they'd watch, they see a group of young men committed to improving not just each game, but each day in practice. They'd also see a great young coach working his tail off to get everyone to buy into his system. We've seen him have very good success at Powell Co, it just took some time!