Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Co @ Prestonsburg 9-13
The Pirates of Powell will travel to Prestonsburg to take on the Black Cats.

Both teams come into this game 0-3.

Prestonsburg was defeated by Pike County Central 53-7, Lawrence Co 42-12, and Hazard 47-14.

Powell was defeated by Montgomery Co 33-14, Estill County 36-13, and Bath Co 19-12.

Prestonsburg is coached by Brandon Brewer, who was also the Head Coach at Powell County for 3 years before taking the Head Coach job at Prestonsburg.

Pirates will be having some hard practices this week and will be ready come Friday night. They haven’t showed all the talent they have on offense yet but I bet we will see a good amount of it Friday.

I believe the Pirates will go down to Prestonsburg and GIT-R-DONE comfortably.

I’ll take Powell by 28+. GO PIRATES!!!TongueirateSho
PoCofootball Wrote:The Pirates of Powell will travel to Prestonsburg to take on the Black Cats.

Prestonsburg was defeated by Pike County Central 53-7, Lawrence Co 42-12, and Hazard 47-14.

Powell was defeated by Montgomery Co 33-14, Estill County 36-13, and Bath Co 19-12.

Prestonsburg is coached by Brandon Brewer, who was also the Head Coach at Powell County for 3 years before taking the Head Coach job at Prestonsburg.

Pirates will be having some hard practices this week and will be ready come Friday night. They haven’t showed all the talent they have on offense yet but I bet we will see a good amount of it Friday.

I like your confidence PoCofootball and I hope u r right. However they will have to not only show their talent off Friday but they have to quit beating themselves with their costly mistakes. I believe they could have likely won all 3 games they have played had it not been for their own demise. #GoPirates
Powell County 28
Prestonsburg 13

:notbad:
I believe that pburg begins to get on track Friday blackcats in a low score 14 12
PoCofootball Wrote:The Pirates of Powell will travel to Prestonsburg to take on the Black Cats.

28+ LOL.
Powell ain’t scored HALF of 28 in a single game this year. MoCo is a 5A school. Cool. But there not very good. Estill is not good, and Bath County is butt. The “backup” QB supposedly played about 5x better than the starter the previous two weeks. Take away 2 catches and Powell probably don’t score in last Friday’s game. I know losing a lot of seniors last year hurt the Pirates but they are in serious trouble if they don’t figure something out soon. I am aware Brewer was the HC at Powell for a few years and assistant before that, he knows the in and out of Powell’s players probably better than the current coaches do. Is Powell better than Prestonsburg? Most likely. Prestonsburg is young and losing all their players and only have 5? seniors on the team. I believe Brewer and the Blackcats overcome adversity and defeat his old team in a good one.
Blackcats. 28-21.
Powell 55-14. Pirates basically pick the score. Sad to see Prestonsburg this low but I'm not going to feel to sorry for them lol
Some of y'all don't understand how bad pburg is. Brewer will do what he can but he doesn't have anything to work with. Sad to see some I know are holding that against him. Poco has way to much talent for pburg. Run that clock
Instant Oatmeal Wrote:Some of y'all don't understand how bad pburg is. Brewer will do what he can but he doesn't have anything to work with. Sad to see some I know are holding that against him. Poco has way to much talent for pburg. Run that clock
Powell definitely has more talent, but can they do something with it? Brewer knows these kids just as much as his own. Be a chess game for him to win the game, but Brewer is a good young coach.
Footballdude1953 Wrote:Powell definitely has more talent, but can they do something with it? Brewer knows these kids just as much as his own. Be a chess game for him to win the game, but Brewer is a good young coach.

Doesn't matter what he knows if his kids cant make the play
Footballdude1953 Wrote:Powell definitely has more talent, but can they do something with it? Brewer knows these kids just as much as his own. Be a chess game for him to win the game, but Brewer is a good young coach.

Sorry Footballdude1953. He doesn’t know our kids as well as you think. Our Seniors were sophomores and our Juniors were Freshman. Our QB now is a sophomore so he doesn’t know much about him. We also have new and younger boys on our team, the only way he would know anything is game film.
If Powell plays like they did against bath I look for this to be a Pburg win. Powell was lacking chemistry this past Friday the botched snaps were evident of that. at the moment with what I have seen I'm gonna say
Pburg 21 to 20
PoCofootball Wrote:Sorry Footballdude1953. He doesn’t know our kids as well as you think. Our Seniors were sophomores and our Juniors were Freshman. Our QB now is a sophomore so he doesn’t know much about him. We also have new and younger boys on our team, the only way he would know anything is game film.
Obviously y’all don’t know them well either with playing #12 at QB for the first 2 weeks and still not being able to teach a center to snap a ball correctly. I’ve seen the athletes on that field, do something with them.
Footballdude1953 Wrote:Obviously y’all don’t know them well either with playing #12 at QB for the first 2 weeks and still not being able to teach a center to snap a ball correctly. I’ve seen the athletes on that field, do something with them.

Lol I’m not a coach. #12 isn’t even on the team anymore. I’m sure after this past game they will have our old starting center in. I can agree that was ridiculous. Just hoping the coaches make the changes needed.
Powell in a running clock. Coach Brewer is the man for the job, but he is literally playing with a JV team this year. Powell 48-14.
:eyeroll:
waughdaddy59 Wrote:If Powell plays like they did against bath I look for this to be a Pburg win. Powell was lacking chemistry this past Friday the botched snaps were evident of that. at the moment with what I have seen I'm gonna say
Pburg 21 to 20

Haaa. Powell is WAY better than pburg. Powell wins big. C'mon now. Bath would beat pburg by 40/50+ and poco played them close
What’s the weather looking like in PBurg @ kickoff tommorow?
Footballdude1953 Wrote:What’s the weather looking like in PBurg @ kickoff tommorow?

Looks like 88° at 7pm partly cloudy.
Prestonsburg, Paintsville, Floyd Central and Betsy Layne all have home games tomorrow night. Going to be busy in that part of the mountains.
PoCofootball Wrote:Prestonsburg, Paintsville, Floyd Central and Betsy Layne all have home games tomorrow night. Going to be busy in that part of the mountains.
Is there construction work going on up that way?I heard that somewhere.
Footballdude1953 Wrote:Is there construction work going on up that way?I heard that somewhere.

I’m not sure. I know there is construction the last few miles of the Parkway going into Salyersville.
Powell by 12
15 minutes until kickoff. I’ll try to update some on this thread.
Back and forth most of 1st Q. Prestonsburg scored on a short run. After point is good. 7-0 38 seconds left in the first.
Pirates scored 2 mins into the 2Q. After point is good. 7-7
Powell has had penalty after penalty. Mistake after mistake.
Powell scores with 4:30 left in the 2Q. After point is good. 14-7
Halftime Powell 14-7. Powell has received a lot of penalties and made a lot of mistakes.
This shocked me. This is Powell's most embarrassing loss of all time. 0-10 is definitely a possibility. They got called for at least 12 offsides. Maybe more but at least 12. How is that possible, its ridiculous. Unbelievable. Life without Skidmore is off to a bad start :lame::igiveup:
Instant Oatmeal Wrote:This shocked me. This is Powell's most embarrassing loss of all time. 0-10 is definitely a possibility. They got called for at least 12 offsides. Maybe more but at least 12. How is that possible, its ridiculous. Unbelievable. Life without Skidmore is off to a bad start ����
I said 28-21 I was darn close but people thought I was crazy..
Footballdude1953 Wrote:I said 28-21 I was darn close but people thought I was crazy..

The funny part is if Skidmore was on this team they'd be 4-0 lol