Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel @ Walton-Verona 09/06
SmashMouth17 Wrote:North Laurel 28
Walton 20

Only because I’ve always been a Larkey fan...him or his father. just remember no one likes winners. His dad won over 400 games and chris may get there to before he retires. Larkey’s are great coaches period.

Coach Tom Larkey 303 wins. Confusederiously:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Nobody doubts that Tom Larkey is a great coach. His is top 10 all time in the state of Kentucky in my opinion. By far the best to never win a state championship. Unless he has won one, then 3wishes can correct me. Lol That being said, sometimes the apple does indeed fall far from the tree.

In this case it fell far from the tree and got kicked down the road...
single shot Wrote:In this case it fell far from the tree and got kicked down the road...

Confusednicker:
SmashMouth17 Wrote:Chris has won 64 games from 2009-2018. That’s 6.4 per season or 6-4. That’s by far the best any coach has average at North Laurel since 1998. You have to go back 2003 and 2004 before they have a winning season. Both those years North won 6 games and made the playoffs that’s the only time prior to the arrival of Chris that North even won 6 games or made the playoffs. He has made North relevant. He went 8-3 in 2013. 8-4 in 2014 and won there first playoff game since 1998 over Whitley county. 11-2 in 2015 and made it to region final for their first time. 7-5 in 2016 and won first round playoff game. And 9-3 in 2017. Also winning a playoff game. He has done more for North than anyone else and lead them to a region final and an 11 win season. He had 5 straight winning season with more than 6 wins and won several playoff games something that didn’t happen since 1998 until he arrived. I call Chris an pretty successful coach several had tried to win at North Laurel and couldn’t get the job done but he has. Say what you want about Chris but he can coach.

The switch to six classes helped that more than anything. The old 4 class system would’ve decimated him too. Imagine him having to play 5-6 district games a year and playing in a district with Madison central, and GRC as well as being in region with Scott county, Henry clay, Frederick Douglass etc. 3 wins would still be par for the course if the khsaa hadn’t done the right thing and switched to 6 classes.