Poll: Which Is The Best Bank
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Community Trust
44.44%
5/3
22.22%
Peoples Bank
11.11%
Chase
0%
Cumberland Valley
0%
Other
22.22%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Need A New Bank (Richmond Area)
Help me out guys, there is a poll above.

I currently have US Bank and I'm fed up with them. I woke up this morning to 3 (!) overdraft fees. When I called them, they admitted that it shouldn't have happened, but now in order to reverse them, they want me to fax something to them on a letterhead. After calling this company to get them to fax something on a letterhead, they told me they had no way of doing that, and that my bank should have never charged me for that because they never once requested money from my account.

So now I've had it out with US Bank and faxed them all this info. The fees haven't been removed yet but are supposed to be.

This is not the first time something like this has happened with US Bank, so I'm leaving.

Any suggestions?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Peoples Bank is good and I have heard good things about Madison bank.
Community Trust is a good bank.
I'm not sure about in the Richmond area, like I said in your other bank thread I have Citizens National but I know that Community Trust is a good bank around here so I'm assuming (that can be dangerous) that they are good down there aswell. I haven't heard anything about the other banks. I would probably go with Community Trust or check out Chase and see how reliable they are. This is why I WON'T go to US Bank.....
DTfan Wrote:I'm not sure about in the Richmond area, like I said in your other bank thread I have Citizens National but I know that Community Trust is a good bank around here so I'm assuming (that can be dangerous) that they are good down there aswell. I haven't heard anything about the other banks. I would probably go with Community Trust or check out Chase and see how reliable they are. This is why I WON'T go to US Bank.....

Yes I'm completely fed up with US Bank. I have been asking some people around here about the local banks and I had a woman tell me that she would beat me if I went with Chase. Apparantly she's had bad experiences there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i have had Community Trust for about 12 years so they are a good one and Madision Bank is very good also i had them when i lived in Richmond also.
I have also heard alot of people say that they have had problems with US Bank also. I know someone that had a couple of hundred dollars taken out of their account because the bank wrote down the wrong account number on a counter withdrawal. Also, I know someone that had their whole account shut down because someone was trying to hack into their account. That wasn't the bad thing though. US Bank closed the account and didn't even bother to let them know. They were out eating and freaked out when the waitress had to come back and tell them their debit card was rejected. How embarrassing!:o
I've had it with US Bank also. I also woke up this morning to 2 overdraft fees that I just can't seem to figure out. It didn't show a negative balance on my account and I also had a direct deposit go in this morning so I am totally confused. I called a friend that works there and so far I can't reach her. This is the third time THIS WEEK that I have had problems with them so it is safe to say that I am changing banks.
I've pretty much narrowed it down to Community Trust or Peoples Bank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stick with your Pikeville roots....Community Trust.
US Bank
SVcatfan Wrote:I've had it with US Bank also. I also woke up this morning to 2 overdraft fees that I just can't seem to figure out. It didn't show a negative balance on my account and I also had a direct deposit go in this morning so I am totally confused. I called a friend that works there and so far I can't reach her. This is the third time THIS WEEK that I have had problems with them so it is safe to say that I am changing banks.
US BANK IS TERRIBLE.
rallo316 Wrote:US BANK IS TERRIBLE.

Agreed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]