Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne
OnCeABobcat Wrote:I agree absolutely with the other two about Rose not knowing where the talent is on the Betsy Layne team. Year after Year with Rose it was the same story. He has had loads of talent on that bench, but don't have the guts or backbone to mess up the rotation. He gets set on 6 maybe 7 and don't experiment any with the rest of the 10-11 guys on the bench. He had Newman last year, but never started him one game, and he was easily deserving of a starting spot. Then the year before last he could have been playing in the sweet 16, had he gone with his bench some during the season. Come tourny time, he had noone to put in for Thacker after he fouled out except Case, and then after Case wasn't hitting anything, he had noone to go to. JMO on Rose, but what happens happens, so Good Luck to Betsy Layne next season. IMO they'll still win the 58th, and according to how Newman does, could make some noise in the 15th!

glad you agree ask every player or parent on that team and 90% of them will say the same thing, you have to experiment in the season to know how deep to go come tournament time and 7 players is not deep especially when you have players that foul out sometimes, and no I'm not on the BOE, I'm just one of many other people who realize Betsy Layne will be better off without brent rose
bball_2000 Wrote:glad you agree ask every player or parent on that team and 90% of them will say the same thing, you have to experiment in the season to know how deep to go come tournament time and 7 players is not deep especially when you have players that foul out sometimes, and no I'm not on the BOE, I'm just one of many other people who realize Betsy Layne will be better off without brent rose
:Thumbs:
So Rose is good enough to run the school and make decisions on education the just dont trust him in sports ?????????????
LOL make decisions on education lol that was a good one. I agree with OnCeABobcat about Thacker he was the leader of that team if Brennan made a few free throws BL could have went to the Sweet sixteen and they had a chance agianst Shelby Valley last year if he didnt tell Justin Collins not to shoot. The man cant coach talen and cant finish games.
I very seriously doubt they could have beat SV or Pikeville in the tournament.
They were right with Shelby Valley the whole game Trai Witt makes the last shot they win the game.....or go into overtime dont really remember the score but anyways I think it would be a diffrent story if Justin Collins was allowed to shoot instead of a person who made two shots in the district tournament
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Well they had the team that won it that year on the ropes before Thacker fouled out, then Rose had noone to go to but Brennan, and we know how that went. Just like Rose had the team that won it last year on the ropes as well, but Rose couldn't finish em off, once Newman fouled out. A team is only as good as they finish, and Rose couldn't finish games when it counted.... Thacker wasn't great but he was the floor leader for that team, and Case played like a bat out of he**! You're doomed if you don't have a leader on the court. As for Newman, last year was his first year going to school at BL since he had been home schooled. He would have played no matter who the coach was.
u have to condisder brennan case was a sophmore with very little experience that year u cant blame him for all of it ...........and he did a great job last year in the 15th region tournament steeping up big making all his free throws that he just couldnt get to go down the year before
Since Betsy Layne has named a new coach, it's safe to say that this thread has run its course...