Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoops Classic & Country Music Highway Tournies on same dates this year
I just saw on the KHSAA website under openings that both Johnson Central and Paintsville will be holding their annual Christmas tournament on Dec. 19-22. I know Paintsville typically has theirs after Christmas, so I figured that they probably were heading to a large out of state tourney during that time, so if anyone knows where they are going feel free to let me know. The new thing about the Hoops Classic is that there will be a Slam Dunk contest and a 3-pt. shootout this year, so that will definately be something to watch. Also, does anyone know any early commitments to play at either schools tournament. Thanks.
GRIZZ Wrote:I just saw on the KHSAA website under openings that both Johnson Central and Paintsville will be holding their annual Christmas tournament on Dec. 19-22. I know Paintsville typically has theirs after Christmas, so I figured that they probably were heading to a large out of state tourney during that time, so if anyone knows where they are going feel free to let me know. The new thing about the Hoops Classic is that there will be a Slam Dunk contest and a 3-pt. shootout this year, so that will definately be something to watch. Also, does anyone know any early commitments to play at either schools tournament. Thanks.

Is anyone going to be allowed to get in the dunk contest or just the players in the tourney?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Probably just the players in the tournament. Last year I saw several guys have some impressive dunks, but the kid from UHA going to Ole' Miss probably took the cake. I'm not sure of the team but a white boy I believe from the school in AL could throw it down and had everyone in "aww"
GRIZZ Wrote:Probably just the players in the tournament. Last year I saw several guys have some impressive dunks, but the kid from UHA going to Ole' Miss probably took the cake. I'm not sure of the team but a white boy I believe from the school in AL could throw it down and had everyone in "aww"

It was the white boy from Russellville you are thinkin of GRIZZ, and YES had everyone on the edge of their seats, in warm-ups that it, lol.
Hell Redneck what do you think a dunk contest is? haha
What is the deal right now with P-ville and JC doing everything on the same night/dates. Prom on the same night, graduation on the same night. Maybe it's just coincidence... but makes it hard if someone follows both schools.
Well, I don't see this as any type of "thing"... it was just the way things "worked out" this year. At the beginning of the school year, the "Prom" was set for May 5th. As the year progressed, no one questioned it and everyone was looking forward to it. After missing some days of school, on account of weather, (something that rarely ever happens) the school year had to be extended and therefore, the graduation date was pushed back. Some students were annoyed that their Prom was scheduled on the same date as the county school's and took their concerns to the SBDMC and got the date changed to May 12th, the same weekend that the Baseball team had scheduled @ the beginning of the year, to play in a tournament in Louisville. Mr. Auxier didn't realize that the May 12th weekend was booked for the baseball team that night @ the meeting when he made the change. The Boosters Club had paid for the trip to Louisville & there were a few more folks impacted on the Baseball team for the May12th weekend, than the few, being impacted on the May 5th date, Mr. Auxier changed the date back to its original one.