Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County Baseball's Upcoming Talent
Powell County Has Got An Awesome Bunch Of Kids That Will Be Freshmen Next Year. They Have Played Baseball Together For A Long Time And Their Middle School Record Has Been Great. They Are Getting Ready For Summer Baseball With Their Coach Varney. Should Be Interesting To Watch The Results Of This.
With Mike Whitaker there now, Football will no longer take a back seat to baseball at Powell County. I'd say the summer baseball will be cut down alot. Just die hard committed baseball players will be doing the summer league deal. This guy is serious about his summer program.
There won't be any cutback to summer league. They play every game as scheduled. If you play football...then I guess you have a decision to make. Either football or baseball.
Hey...lets keep football in the FOOTBALL FORUM.
Baseball rules still and always will in the summer time. Powell county has a bunch of talented kids playing now already. The JV won the district...how much more can you ask for beings that is as far as JV can win. PLUS... Pirates have 5 awesome seniors to be ready to rule the 14th region. The freshman coming up should be happy to just be on the field with the talented bunch that is already there. As far as talented upcoming Freshman, Powell Middle already brought up the three with a lot of talent. I am sure the middle school kids have played together for a long time but when you move into high school play, sometimes it is a whole new ball game. You see different pitching. Plus, how happy will the newcomers be waiting their turn behind the Seniors, Juniors, Sophmores then the Freshman?
Coach Varney always has an interesting game plan. I'm anxious to see the outcome.
#1piratefan Wrote:Hey...lets keep football in the FOOTBALL FORUM.
Baseball rules still and always will in the summer time. Powell county has a bunch of talented kids playing now already. The JV won the district...how much more can you ask for beings that is as far as JV can win. PLUS... Pirates have 5 awesome seniors to be ready to rule the 14th region. The freshman coming up should be happy to just be on the field with the talented bunch that is already there. As far as talented upcoming Freshman, Powell Middle already brought up the three with a lot of talent. I am sure the middle school kids have played together for a long time but when you move into high school play, sometimes it is a whole new ball game. You see different pitching. Plus, how happy will the newcomers be waiting their turn behind the Seniors, Juniors, Sophmores then the Freshman?
Coach Varney always has an interesting game plan. I'm anxious to see the outcome.
Agreed. I can't wait to see what he does next. He's always got something new up his sleeve...or pull over. HAHA
The Three Players That Were Pulled Up Are Talented But There Are Some Eight Graders That Are Just As Good And Have Worked Hard And Really Improved This Year. The Pitchers You Are Talking About They Have Played Against. They Were On A Traveling Team And Went To The World Series. So, The Best Is Yet To Come