Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd County Central vs. Knott County Central, 2/5/19
[Image:

]

Bolz, CT called this morning and said big guy get your pants on cause we are hittin the ole patriot dairy bar wide open. Reckon Floyd the barber comin to town and we going to show that lil fella some hometown hospitality, wowza! The Train will be flyin high in this one as Patriot Natiion tears the roof off Mortys!

Lady Pats by 8

#hillatpatriotsdairybarisakilla More mash taters please!!!
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image:

]

Bolz, CT called this morning and said big guy get your pants on cause we are hittin the ole patriot dairy bar wide open. Reckon Floyd the barber comin to town and we going to show that lil fella some hometown hospitality, wowza! The Train will be flyin high in this one as Patriot Natiion tears the roof off Mortys!

Lady Pats by 8

#hillatpatriotsdairybarisakilla More mash taters please!!!
If Knott Central wins by 8 points over Floyd Central I will be very surprised. I’ve seen them twice this year and they are very talented. Only lost one game all year and that was in the 2A at Rowan County in overtime.
I personally don’t think there’s a team in the 14th that can hang with Floyd Central. Maybe if the officials get a little one-sided in their calls it might be a closer game but this team knows how to win.
Last 2 games Floyd Central has played against 14th region teams. They beat a Perry Central team that is in the bottom of the region in wins by 6 and lost to knott county tonight by 11.
So to say that no 14th region team can hang with Floyd Central is a stretch.
14th region fanman Wrote:Last 2 games Floyd Central has played against 14th region teams. They beat a Perry Central team that is in the bottom of the region in wins by 6 and lost to knott county tonight by 11.
So to say that no 14th region team can hang with Floyd Central is a stretch.
I suppose you’re right.

You’re correct, what I stated was a “stretch” but the times I’ve seen Floyd they’ve looked very good.

I still think the 14th teams would have difficulty beating Floyd on a neutral court, though. It’s a big advantage when playing games in your own region, especially at the end of the season with familiar referees, right before the post season ratings for tournament assignments go out.
Without playing Pikeville, JC or Paintsville in regular season it's hard to say how good FC is. Running from the better teams in Region will come back to haunt them @ the Expo!!! JMO
Do we know for sure they are “running” from anyone? They beat Owsley 2x, who beat KC 2x, Pike Central who beat KC pretty soundly, beat SV who split with KC, beat Rockcastle County to win Montgomery County Tournament and took Rowan to overtime in the 2A sectional semifinal on their home floor. I’m from Pike county and I watched them play several games online and they are very good and well coached. I looked at their schedule and when comparing against the other top teams in the 14th, and 15th regions, who was their best win against? Pikeville beat West Carter, Paintsville, and lost to East Ridge who was 5-11 at the time. Pike Central has by far the most impressive wins against top teams, they beat Pikeville, SV, Leslie, and Harlan County. KC’s best win this season is against FC on their floor just before FC has a big District game with Prestonsburg, who by the way isn’t a bad team either. I don’t think their schedule is as much of a cupcake as many think. It’s true they haven’t played JC this year who was the defending 15thregion champs, nor did they play Paintsville who didn’t make the regional tournament last year, so I’ll give you them not playing Pikeville but I don’t know myself that they ran away or dodged anyone. JMO
Budsqueezer Wrote:Without playing Pikeville, JC or Paintsville in regular season it's hard to say how good FC is. Running from the better teams in Region will come back to haunt them @ the Expo!!! JMO

Triplet although an excellent coach has never been known for scheduling hard. Not sure the Floyd Central hype is all that accurate.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/2t335o.gif] Bolz ole Fatpat and Pat Nation still pumped up over this one brutha! The Train came through and was taterstatic! Mad Dog pulling boards down like ole Fatpat pulls down instant mashed taters from IGA brutha from the shelves and thats wide freaking open! Team passed the tater like a mutha! Honeycutta was fired freaking up and Pats was up by 16 and getting ready to run Floyd out of Mortys! Way we freaking roll baby! Shoutout to Yodees and D's stop til you drop sponsors! #traindepotwasonfire #honeycuttaagenius More mash taters please!!!
Does uK play a tough schedule? I don’t see them playing teams like Kansas or duke every game. I think they play teams that help with confidence and then play tough teams also. You can’t play everyone every year. But what I cant figure is everyone automatically thinks FC is running from teams . Ever think it May be the other teams running or that they can’t play everyone either. I really don’t think any of these teams run from one or the other I think it’s more about playing teams that will push you and make you better. I never seen any team get better from a 30 point beat down every night. I do however see see teams get better playing teams who may beat them 20 but it took all night to get it to that point.