Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Hicks Signs With Pikeville College
It's official. Justin Hicks signed today to play basketball for Pikeville College.

CONGRATS
JUSTIN!!!!!!
His shooting range has no limits... from 2 feet to 35 feet, Hazard sharp shooter Justin Hicks can torch his opponents from all over the court. Wednesday, Justin Hicks signed a national letter of intent to play in Pikeville next season for coach Kelly Wells and the Pikeville College Bears.
Hicks scored over 17-hundred points in his high school career. 20 points per game his Junior year, and 21.5 points per game this season. Hicks also ranks among the states all-time leaders in 3 point field goals made with over 250 made.
Hicks' trophy case keeps getting bigger. He has twice been voted as the 14th region Player of the Year. This season, he was honored by making the Lexington Herald Leader All-State 2nd Team. Also this season, he became the WYMT/Whayne Supply Mountain Classic all-time leading scorer.
"It's finally a relief to have it over. I worked all my life to go to college and that's all i dreamed about growing up, getting a scholarship to play ball and now I've finally done it. Pikeville is a traditionally good basketball school and I just went down there to visit them and they made me feel welcome it's just like a hometown... nice and small, but also a great basketball place. It's a good place to play, so i figured that it would be a good place for me. They said they love the way I shoot the ball, and they said I could handle it and I could come down there and play a one or two for them... whichever place I could do the best in. He (Coach Kelly Wells) treated me like an individual and the way I wanted to be treated, so... it was the best place for me.
- Justin Hicks, Pikeville signee
Congrats!! A good fit for both PC and Hicks...and...I won't compare him to future teammates like some on here are doing...he is a great high school player who has a chance to be a solid college player...no matter if he is taller or stronger than the kid from Belfry!
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:It's official. Justin Hicks signed today to play basketball for Pikeville College.

CONGRATS
JUSTIN!!!!!!
Congrats Justin, You earned it.
Wink
Congrats J-Hicks!
Congrats J........:Thumbs:
I can't wait to see how Justin develop as a college player. I think that coach Wells is looking to succeed with his PC Bears in the next few years. He continues to recruit eastern ky talent and I think that he can make it work. Good Luck!!
Congrats Justin
Congrats Justin!! Excellent sign by Wells. This kid will help make Pikeville a winner. I look forward to watching you play at the Expo. Keep up the good work.
Congrats Justin!!!! Make Hazard proud!!!
Congrats J-Dawg, I might bring ya a sub to pikeville if you do good lol
good pic of the head monsta
Great player and a great team leader...
Repost of the picture
what happened to umass?
all_region_player Wrote:what happened to umass?

I heard after Travis Ford offered you a schollarship there wasn't anything else left.
Congratulations to Justin, he was fun to watch in high school.
2 bad Big Al wasent at Hazard last year!
This young man had a great career enjoyed watching him play made the 14th region pride!Wish you the very best at Pikeville.