Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casey County 43 Jackson County 6
Final
Flag fest. Lol. Casey trying to rest their some of their key starters and the refs wanted to exercise their throwing arms for playoffs (against both teams)...I still love it up on Jackson's field, just a cool little spot for a football field. I hope their kids don't get up on this sport.
Congrats to Casey County. Step backwards for Jackson County this year.
28 -0 after jus 1 qtr than casey felt sorry for us and Put young kids in and still whipped us . coach Dalon has No answers
jchs football parent Wrote:28 -0 after jus 1 qtr than casey felt sorry for us and Put young kids in and still whipped us . coach Dalon has No answers

I was surprised by Jackson’s size across the board. It looked like the lineman had zero technique which is a coaching problem, not a player problem. If your D-Line is standing straight up and not putting hands on anybody then they haven’t been taught anything. Hopefully Jackson can get someone in there who will teach the kids what they need to know. It also has to start much earlier than high school.
E's Army Wrote:Congrats to Casey County. Step backwards for Jackson County this year.

Their kids look so good. I mean good size, look like they have worked hard in the weight room. They have at least decent, maybe even good speed in the backfield (one of their kids anyways). Their backers are big, have a couple of HUGE lineman. No one to really come in and give those guys any minutes to go catch a breather. IMO, they have kids that I am sure can play for a lot of teams, winning teams. If any parents read this, just my opinion, it isn't the Jackson kid's fault. They have some talent. They need someone to add numbers to their team, getting in that school and get them, and then coach them up! I talked to several of their kids and one told me, "we have guys, guys in the hallways that would be good"...Gotta get those guys out there.
smoke1015 Wrote:Their kids look so good. I mean good size, look like they have worked hard in the weight room. They have at least decent, maybe even good speed in the backfield (one of their kids anyways). Their backers are big, have a couple of HUGE lineman. No one to really come in and give those guys any minutes to go catch a breather. IMO, they have kids that I am sure can play for a lot of teams, winning teams. If any parents read this, just my opinion, it isn't the Jackson kid's fault. They have some talent. They need someone to add numbers to their team, getting in that school and get them, and then coach them up! I talked to several of their kids and one told me, "we have guys, guys in the hallways that would be good"...Gotta get those guys out there.

wonder why that is smoke you see that at a lot of schools:igiveup:
BobcatForever Wrote:wonder why that is smoke you see that at a lot of schools:igiveup:

Don't know man...always been like that here in Casey, and still see it. Not enough guys getting involved in the elementary school levels I think and really going hard to recruit them. I think sometimes parents don't get involved in helping build up an elementary team because they see another player as a potential "threat" to their own child's position. All kinds of things, but mainly I guess boils down to a non football culture, non sports, and just plain ol' #**king lazy! If you know coach Marples, ask Sam how bad Casey used to be, and was when he first started playing. It was way worse than that before he started playing, and then was that way still during some of his time coaching here. I think it boils down to culture, and then parents unwillingness to let kid's be coached. But the teams like Bell, Corbin, Boyle, Danville, and I hate to say it, Mayfield, and those other "Yankee counties" (lol), have that culture where the dad is going to throw his kid on that field if he has to beat him with a stick, and he will basically tell his son what the coach says is what he WILL DO, and, "son, you will NOT QUIT, ANYTHING you start, no matter what!" Most counties ain't like that, most teams, that's why you only see a few teams, for the past 50 or 60 years, that consistently get mentioned in the top 10s of their class, or on these message boards, etc.. From what I saw Jackson has a few dedicated parents, to their current kids playing...but what about when that kid graduates? I would bet 85 to 90% of those parents will be done with watching Jackson General football! You can't have that either. I bet Bell, Corbin, Belfry, etc.. have fans that have watched their teams for 50+ years, good or mediocre seasons, they still come out and watch.
Rip/Spin Wrote:I was surprised by Jackson’s size across the board. It looked like the lineman had zero technique which is a coaching problem, not a player problem. If your D-Line is standing straight up and not putting hands on anybody then they haven’t been taught anything. Hopefully Jackson can get someone in there who will teach the kids what they need to know. It also has to start much earlier than high school.

they not bad Guys but Kids suffer From this
smoke1015 Wrote:Their kids look so good. I mean good size, look like they have worked hard in the weight room. They have at least decent, maybe even good speed in the backfield (one of their kids anyways). Their backers are big, have a couple of HUGE lineman. No one to really come in and give those guys any minutes to go catch a breather. IMO, they have kids that I am sure can play for a lot of teams, winning teams. If any parents read this, just my opinion, it isn't the Jackson kid's fault. They have some talent. They need someone to add numbers to their team, getting in that school and get them, and then coach them up! I talked to several of their kids and one told me, "we have guys, guys in the hallways that would be good"...Gotta get those guys out there.

we Got talent Everyone can See it
smoke1015 Wrote:Don't know man...always been like that here in Casey, and still see it. Not enough guys getting involved in the elementary school levels I think and really going hard to recruit them. I think sometimes parents don't get involved in helping build up an elementary team because they see another player as a potential "threat" to their own child's position. All kinds of things, but mainly I guess boils down to a non football culture, non sports, and just plain ol' #**king lazy! If you know coach Marples, ask Sam how bad Casey used to be, and was when he first started playing. It was way worse than that before he started playing, and then was that way still during some of his time coaching here. I think it boils down to culture, and then parents unwillingness to let kid's be coached. But the teams like Bell, Corbin, Boyle, Danville, and I hate to say it, Mayfield, and those other "Yankee counties" (lol), have that culture where the dad is going to throw his kid on that field if he has to beat him with a stick, and he will basically tell his son what the coach says is what he WILL DO, and, "son, you will NOT QUIT, ANYTHING you start, no matter what!" Most counties ain't like that, most teams, that's why you only see a few teams, for the past 50 or 60 years, that consistently get mentioned in the top 10s of their class, or on these message boards, etc.. From what I saw Jackson has a few dedicated parents, to their current kids playing...but what about when that kid graduates? I would bet 85 to 90% of those parents will be done with watching Jackson General football! You can't have that either. I bet Bell, Corbin, Belfry, etc.. have fans that have watched their teams for 50+ years, good or mediocre seasons, they still come out and watch.

I agree and yes we have fans that travel as well as come to home games and you see so many band wagon fans only there when its good it has to start in the elementary level getting them interested to many parents now are to lazy to get their kids involved its horrible
Congrats to the Rebels
jchs football parent Wrote:they not bad Guys but Kids suffer From this

I can see that. I'm sure those coach's are good dudes. They are trying. Need more kids out to help out the starters, so they can have a special teams group, at least a partial defensive group and offensive group where those guys aren't playing both ways the whole game. Iron man football is becoming a thing of the past in 3A and up. No matter how much conditioning you do, too many 3A teams are 2 and 3 player deep, per position.
[quote=smoke1015]Don't know man...always been like that here in Casey, and still see it. Not enough guys getting involved in the elementary school levels I think and really going hard to recruit them. I think sometimes parents don't get involved in helping build up an elementary team because they see another player as a potential "threat" to their own child's position. All kinds of things, but mainly I guess boils down to a non football culture, non sports, and just plain ol' #**king lazy! If you know coach Marples, ask Sam how bad Casey used to be, and was when he first started playing. It was way worse than that before he started playing, and then was that way still during some of his time coaching here. I think it boils down to culture, and then parents unwillingness to let kid's be coached. But the teams like Bell, Corbin, Boyle, Danville, and I hate to say it, Mayfield, and those other "Yankee counties" (lol), have that culture where the dad is going to throw his kid on that field if he has to beat him with a stick, and he will basically tell his son what the coach says is what he WILL DO, and, "son, you will NOT QUIT, ANYTHING you start,

The problems that these schools face is 2 fold: football has a slight downward sparrow right now in our country based on the amount of parents that hear nothing but horror stories out of the NFL. So, fewer kids are coming out not to mention the competition football has with a gaming system. Then at a place like Jackson you have the cultural issues (that smoke spoke of) that is a struggle in any programs if things are let go. Ever heard the statement "it takes a village to raise a child" well it takes a community to run a football program. FUNDAMENTALS have to be taught from 5th grade up so that the confidence thats needed to play this great game allows these young men to compete on a higher level and we all know competition breeds success. So unfortunately this script will repeat itself for many years to come and these flags will continue to wave :igiveup: which is very sad for the kids that invest their time. JMO