Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Central 49 Prestonsburg 6 FINAL.
Jags ROLL Prestonsburg tonight. First time Prestonsburg has lost a County game in 31 years. Only the third time a Floyd County school has beaten the Blackcats.
Congrats to the Jags, they came to Pburg to win tonight. Pburg has a lot of problems. Probably more problems than I care to type out, but credit goes to the Jags. They showed up big time tonight. #2 looked like a man among boys out there.
And just who do you claim beat Pburg besides BL and FC?
Wayland beat them in the 40’s , Wheelwright tied in the 70’s, Betsy Layne beat them in 1986, and Floyd Central won tonight.
Congrats to Jags. New king of Floyd County.
Congrats to Floyd Central.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Congratulations Jags

This loss hurts coming from a county school, but it was expected. It’s going to take a few years before Prestonsburg gets things turned around. Just hope everyone can be patient and understand that the Blackcats are very young and these sophomores and freshman are getting experience now that’ll pay off in a couple of years.
Way to go Jaguars!
Congrats Jags
I saw a black cat team with most players giving it their all, but a portion of them making little effort. With 17 players on other teams that should be at Prestonsburg, this is to be expected. All coaches inherit the sins of their predecessor.
MountainBall44 Wrote:Wayland beat them in the 40’s , Wheelwright tied in the 70’s, Betsy Layne beat them in 1986, and Floyd Central won tonight.

I find the Wayland claim very interesting. The first time I ever heard anyone say that Wayland ever played football was after Floyd Central was being built and the only place I have ever seen that stated was on this site. Where was Wayland’s football field? What other teams did Wayland play? How come they quit?
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:I find the Wayland claim very interesting. The first time I ever heard anyone say that Wayland ever played football was after Floyd Central was being built and the only place I have ever seen that stated was on this site. Where was Wayland’s football field? What other teams did Wayland play? How come they quit?

Brother I’m just going by what I heard on the radio. You’ll have to ask the mayor of Wayland all of that.
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:I find the Wayland claim very interesting. The first time I ever heard anyone say that Wayland ever played football was after Floyd Central was being built and the only place I have ever seen that stated was on this site. Where was Wayland’s football field? What other teams did Wayland play? How come they quit?

I got the following information from a former teammate. He was also an assistant coach under Coach Derosett in the 90's. Also his grandfather played for Pburg back in 1934 for the only unbeaten Blackcat team in their history.

"I looked up the records for all floyd co. Teams versus Preastonsburg. The Blackcats have only lost twice and one tie. The tie was to Wheelwright in 1971, the first lose was to Wayland 1949 the second was to Betsy Layne 1986."

This guy is a solid person. He has sacrificed so much for our country and I've have known him for years. He has never lied to me, and I would believe anything he tells me.
I forgot. Congrats Jags. Good luck to the Blackcats in the future.
My thoughts were only time Pburg had lost to another county school would have been Wheelright surprised was Wayland Wasps and very surprised Betsy Lane had beaten the cats.
Congratulations to Coach Hager and his Jags

Wayland had a great ball team back in the day. They played Elkhorn City a couple of times and always were competitive. Wasps were coached by legendary Bardstown Tiger coach, Garnis Martin, a Wayland native.
hawg laig Wrote:I saw a black cat team with most players giving it their all, but a portion of them making little effort. With 17 players on other teams that should be at Prestonsburg, this is to be expected. All coaches inherit the sins of their predecessor.

Don’t forgot one coach at FC who should be coaching at P-Burg, but that’s none of my business....
Real Badman Wrote:Wayland had a great ball team back in the day. They played Elkhorn City a couple of times and always were competitive. Wasps were coached by legendary Bardstown Tiger coach, Garnis Martin, a Wayland native.

Would you mind sharing where you got this information? It would also be nice to know of a current team that Wayland played in football. And I still wonder where their football field was supposed to be. And why were they no longer playing apparently long before the school went out of existence?
Real Badman Wrote:Wayland had a great ball team back in the day. They played Elkhorn City a couple of times and always were competitive. Wasps were coached by legendary Bardstown Tiger coach, Garnis Martin, a Wayland native.

Your reference to Garnis Martin helped me find something. I located his won-loss record @ http://www.bardstown.kyschools.us/GarnisMartin.aspx and it included a note saying that a 1-7 record for 1951 at Wayland High was included. I still wonder how long Wayland played and was the one win that year against Prestonsburg instead of in 1949? I’d love to see an all time won-loss football record for the school including teams and scores and where was their football field?
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:Your reference to Garnis Martin helped me find something. I located his won-loss record @ http://www.bardstown.kyschools.us/GarnisMartin.aspx and it included a note saying that a 1-7 record for 1951 at Wayland High was included. I still wonder how long Wayland played and was the one win that year against Prestonsburg instead of in 1949? I’d love to see an all time won-loss football record for the school including teams and scores and where was their football field?

You are hot on the trail...
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Don’t forgot one coach at FC who should be coaching at P-Burg, but that’s none of my business....

Ill be folding money that had he been coaching at pburg some of that young Floyd co. talent that all went to Johnson co. would have stayed and went to Prestonsburg
Blacksmith Wrote:Ill be folding money that had he been coaching at pburg some of that young Floyd co. talent that all went to Johnson co. would have stayed and went to Prestonsburg

:truestory:
Blacksmith Wrote:Ill be folding money that had he been coaching at pburg some of that young Floyd co. talent that all went to Johnson co. would have stayed and went to Prestonsburg
You’d have won that bet!
They went to Paintsville not Johnson County just saying.
Well I did say Johnson the county, not the school
BL: 62-14

BL: 46-13

BL: 42-8

BL: 85-0

BL: 82-0

BL: 68-14

BL: 53-14

BL: 48-24

BL: 40-19

BL: 64-12

BL: 48-0
AC: 35-0

BL: 46-0
AC: 42-30

FC: 42-22

The KHSAA scoreboard only goes back to 1998, so here are the games vs. Floyd County teams. I found fifteen games played against teams from Floyd County in the 1998-2017 timespan.
BL - Betsy Layne
AC - Allen Central
FC - Floyd Central

In UK's 31 game streak to Florida, the Gators won the '96, '06 & '08 national championship. No doubt Florida was the better team for about 30 of the 31 games (2017 is the exception). This year though, UK was the better team and proved it.
Pburg has went to two state championship games in their Floyd County win streak. It seems like Pburg was the better team all those years. Floyd Central was the better team last Friday night and proved it.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed