Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 28 Highlands 7
This game was a little closer than I anticipated. Congrats Cardinals.
^Me too.

I wonder if Scott played a lot of JV. Sounded to me like the game wasn't as close as the score indicated.

Weather could've played a factor too.

Congratulations Scott Co.
Congrats to Scott County. Has the Highlands program imploded?
E's Army Wrote:Congrats to Scott County. Has the Highlands program imploded?

Go back under your bridge.
This game was called at halftime.
It wasnt even close. Weather had nothing to do with it during play. SC had 226 rushing yards at half. Highland had 22 TOTAL yards. Highlands did run a KO back for a TD. Which is a concern for SC. That’s 2 in two weeks against them. Against a good team that can comeback to haunt them
Game was stopped with 3 minutes to go in the 1st half, Highlands had zero 1st downs, probably was getting ready to be a running clock early in the 3rd. Highlands couldn't move the ball and they couldn't stop Scott Co. Scott plays Cincinnati Moeller next week and Cincinnati LaSalle the week after, brutal schedule.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Game was stopped with 3 minutes to go in the 1st half, Highlands had zero 1st downs, probably was getting ready to be a running clock early in the 3rd. Highlands couldn't move the ball and they couldn't stop Scott Co. Scott plays Cincinnati Moeller next week and Cincinnati LaSalle the week after, brutal schedule.
With trinity starting 0-3 and Scott county running the ball so efficiently....I’m really looking forward to the Scott county/moeller match up.
Woodsman Wrote:With trinity starting 0-3 and Scott county running the ball so efficiently....I’m really looking forward to the Scott county/moeller match up.

Moeller will beat SC easily. They have big O and D lines and just push their weight around with smaller ky teams. Moeller will match size and win easily. SC doesn’t have impressive skill players and way too one dementional on offense.
sstack Wrote:Moeller will beat SC easily. They have big O and D lines and just push their weight around with smaller ky teams. Moeller will match size and win easily. SC doesn’t have impressive skill players and way too one dementional on offense.

No way Moeller pushes SC lines around, they are to big and strong Dline averages about 6'3 300 and all bench 350+, SC run defense has only given up about 30yds in 3 games, so If Moeller beats them it will not be on the ground. SC doesn't have a lot of great skill players but they never do and that's not how they win- Hope the state of Kentucky gets behind them. I think they have the team to beat them and not sure it would be a upset- I've been wrong before though.
Did not say they Moeller will push SC around. I said SC pushes ky teams around. They will not push Moeller around and Moeller will play a balanced offense with better skill players and think they win fairly easily
sstack Wrote:Did not say they Moeller will push SC around. I said SC pushes ky teams around. They will not push Moeller around and Moeller will play a balanced offense with better skill players and think they win fairly easily

Ok gotcha- you didn't clarify which lines- Talk to a guy who was at the game last year and he said only difference last year was Moe's QB- committed to West Virginia for basketball so decided not to play football this year and SC has more players back than Moeller, but I agree SC might be out classed in this one- Big Time Ohio football is different.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Ok gotcha- you didn't clarify which lines- Talk to a guy who was at the game last year and he said only difference last year was Moe's QB- committed to West Virginia for basketball so decided not to play football this year and SC has more players back than Moeller, but I agree SC might be out classed in this one- Big Time Ohio football is different.
Would love to see SC pull off the win but just do not see it happening
This game wasn't as close as the score says. SC pushed Highlands around on both sides of the ball all night long. I think they held Highlands to 22 yards and the only score was on a kick or punt return. Can't remember which, but the hole was HUGE and I could have broken it. :problemgirl: The game was stopped with 3:00 on the clock before halftime due to weather. The sky was the limit for SC had that not happened. Highlands may be a decent mid-level team in 5A this year. Maybe a bit better than last year. Hopefully better at closing games out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
I think Scott county, while appearing to be one dimensional, is extremely efficient in what they do. Really looking forward to their upcoming game with moeller. I personally think it’s going to be close and Scott county could very well end up with a win. While highlands may be better than the previous 2 seasons, I’m not sure they are where they want to be. Their upcoming game against Ryle will tell us something