Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs LCA (Pike County Bowl 8/25)
Micro-Brew Wrote:Get your popcorn ready Panther fans, I've been told LCA plans on lighting up that scoreboard again :popcorn::popcorn:

They are setting themselves up for disappointment if that's the plan.
pjdoug Wrote:I probably won't get to Sad

I finally figured it out! You don't like beer!
jetpilot Wrote:I finally figured it out! You don't like beer!

I killed a sixpack just to watch it die :partyhard:
pjdoug Wrote:They are setting themselves up for disappointment if that's the plan.
Must be feeling pretty confident they can go up and down the field on us. We will see. They’re talented, no doubt!
PHSForever Wrote:Must be feeling pretty confident they can go up and down the field on us. We will see. They’re talented, no doubt!
I look for Pikeville to be a little too physical to allow them to run the score up.
Did they save any money for the scoreboard lights??? Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Just messing with ya JP. Panthers will be the ones blowing the bulbs. I'm confident they are legit this year. Panthers by 3 or more scores. You heard it here. LCA had a very good team last year and Pikeville was starting a bunch of first year starters and that was their first taste in a big game atmosphere against a top notch opponent. You saw flashes but just not up to snuff at that point. New year, a year older, a year stronger, a year faster, brand new locker room. Look for them to be super hype. Close game in the first quarter and then the Panthers step on the pedal. Too many weapons on both sides of the ball. Panthers roll and show the rest of the Commonwealth what we here in the mountains already know. EYB
Micro-Brew Wrote:Just messing with ya JP. Panthers will be the ones blowing the bulbs. I'm confident they are legit this year. Panthers by 3 or more scores. You heard it here. LCA had a very good team last year and Pikeville was starting a bunch of first year starters and that was their first taste in a big game atmosphere against a top notch opponent. You saw flashes but just not up to snuff at that point. New year, a year older, a year stronger, a year faster, brand new locker room. Look for them to be super hype. Close game in the first quarter and then the Panthers step on the pedal. Too many weapons on both sides of the ball. Panthers roll and show the rest of the Commonwealth what we here in the mountains already know. EYB

Calm down Micro-Brew it’s only Thursday, hope the team is as hyped as you come Saturday. Learned along time ago not to be over confident but definitely have faith in your teammates and confidence in your self. Don’t Try to do it all just your job and good things will happen. As Always GO PANTHERS!!!
Micro-Brew Wrote:Get your popcorn ready Panther fans, I've been told LCA plans on lighting up that scoreboard again :popcorn::popcorn:
“Everyone has a plan til they get punched in the face” - Mike Tyson
Only 48 hrs. til Pikeville/LCA kickoff ! Excitement is growing. Imo, should be one of the best games Pikeville has scheduled in the PCB. Good luck Panthers, and hope for an injury free game for both teams. HAIL PIKEVILLE !!:Cheerlead
going w the panthers by 2 tds.
Every year, I’m excited for the Pike County Bowl. This year, I’m a little more excited than usual. Done gone thru all my fingernails. I’ll be the guy in maroon nibbling on bloody stubs of fingers til kickoff.
Pikeville gets a extra day this week to prepare for this game reminds me of the old days when I played we only played on Saturday nights. Can’t wait to get this game started and hope it’s injury free for both teams and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
It’s game day Panthers can’t wait for these young men to get to the field tonight. Go out and play your game and do your job and everything will be fine.LCA is a good team take your licks and pick your self back up and give yours and you will win, have all the faith in the world in these young men so good luck tonight and hope for an injury free game for both teams and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Go Panthers!
Pikeville 43
LCA 0
Halftime
PHSFAN Wrote:Pikeville 43
LCA 0
Halftime
I said they would make a statement.
Sandbagging
Patriot1 Wrote:Pikeville gets a extra day this week to prepare for this game reminds me of the old days when I played we only played on Saturday nights. Can’t wait to get this game started and hope it’s injury free for both teams and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
They are preparedSmile
4everUK Wrote:nobody places much on what any rankings say, but 59th ranked to 14th ranked! That’s a huge difference. The last part of your post makes no sense
Put that 14th ranked in your pipe and smoke it now. Tried to tell you that ranking was way off. Both ways. Not that Pikeville is 14th or better, just that the disparity in ranking was ridiculous after just one game.
PHSForever Wrote:Put that 14th ranked in your pipe and smoke it now. Tried to tell you that ranking was way off. Both ways. Not that Pikeville is 14th or better, just that the disparity in ranking was ridiculous after just one game.

You stole my line Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:You stole my line Confusednicker:
Hey, ain’t your line if I say it first. Lol! LCA is not a BAD team, but they are not the LCA of the past two years. Had 24 rushing yards and I believe 138 passing yards. Pikeville put up 208 rushing and 203 passing for a net 411 Yards vs 162 yards. Once again we reverted back to only tracking stats for a few players and not all, no tackles posted yet.