Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs Danville ( updates )
My Colonels dont look as bad now.
pjdoug Wrote:My Colonels dont look as bad now.

Meh... I know if “ifs and butts were candy and nuts we’d all be happy” but corbin had several wide open drops that at least 2 would have been touchdowns with no one around them for yards. I’m not saying we played bad at all. Danville is a great team, with great speed. But that and some penalties probably took 2 scores off the board for us. And two fumbles we lost. But we’ll get it cleaned up. Good game and safe travels to Danville fans!! BTW admire your crowd. They were there in full force. The attendance record was actually broken. Standing room only on the home side.
Friggen home field officiating bites the smaller reloading school. Next time Ads, 77, Hounds 0.
smoke1015 Wrote:Friggen home field officiating bites the smaller reloading school. Next time Ads, 77, Hounds 0.

Are you smoking the artificial stuff now?lol
Now everyone awaits, Danville vs Boyle to try and get a measuring stick...
[quote=pjdoug]Are you smoking the artificial stuff now?lol[/QUOTE

LOL! I didn't know a thing about the game. My buddies texted me radio updates as I was in Bowling Green. I only knew there were many turnovers, flags, etc.. But I thought surely someone would get tired of my Admiral cheerleading. :-D Actually we were going to go and "fan scout" but my buddies were all tied up with family stuff. Win over Danville is a feather in the cap. We got our only win over Danville, at any football level, against this Danville group (this senior and junior class, without VanCleave). I celebrated like it was a National championship.
I know you’re just kidding about the refs. But without looking I’d almost guarantee there were more penalties and yardage on Corbin than Danville. 2 of them were very key and likely stopped a touchdown. Fumbles and turnovers were on both sides. Corbins D had a good game plan. Make their QB beat us passing not running and it worked. Couple of big interceptions. But the credit goes to our Dline!!! We hardly blitzed all game so they could stay back and Keep an eye on the QB, while the front 4 played great. Kept pressure on him all night and had him running all night. Danville’s QB is good, and a great athlete but man did he have a hard night in corbin. I’d say he’ll feel it tomorrow
smoke1015 Wrote:Friggen home field officiating bites the smaller reloading school. Next time Ads, 77, Hounds 0.

:closeenough: