Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Capital, WV.
For the third straight season, the Capital high school Cougars from Charleston, WV. will be making the trip to Johnsonville for the season opener.

Johnson Central ended their 2017 campaign as the Class 4A state runner-up
Capital, WV. ended their season in the Class 3A state semi-finals. Class 3A is WV.'s biggest classification.

JC leads the all-time series, 2-0.
2016: 23-6
2017: 31-20

JC scrimmaged two very good teams in Huntington (WV.) high school & Beechwood high school. With Capital, WV., Henry Clay, South Charleston, WV., Moore Traditional & Belfry on the schedule, plus those two scrimmage contests, JC should be battle-tested for their fourth straight trip to the Class 4A state championship game and bringing home another golden football.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Count me in for the Golden Eagles Confusedinglepar

Johnson Central 35
Trump Capital, WV 28
Johnson Central 48
Capital WV 21
JC should win going away. 42-20!
JC by 16
Shoeless Joe and company will be too much for Capital.
ESPN.com recruiting
Capital, WV. has the #68 ranked Athlete in the 2019 class.
Kerry Martin is 6'1, 200 lbs. & committed to West Virginia.
Mr. Martin had offers from Cincinnati, Western Kentucky, Rutgers, Marshall & Miami (OH)

247.com Sports
Mr. Martin is the #6 overall player in the state of West Virginia.
1 good player will not stem the Eagles tide.
E's Army Wrote:1 good player will not stem the Eagles tide.

I hope Matney lets Joe run for 500+ yards for what happened last year. From kickoff through the last buzzer..... let him run crazy.
:beavis:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I hope Matney lets Joe run for 500+ yards for what happened last year. From kickoff through the last buzzer..... let him run crazy.
JC wins by 2+ scores. The only suspense is how many yards Matney allows Jackson to amass.
Eagles all the way, but great competition.
In the JC-Huntington scrimmage the Highlanders moved the ball really well against JC. Huntington looked like the better team. Huntington then scrimmaged Capital last week and was ahead 14-0 in the first quarter when weather ended it. Basing it off those scrimmages, which obviously can be a bad idea, I would take JC by a couple TDs.
JC 35 Capital 21
Ole Kentucky Wrote:In the JC-Huntington scrimmage the Highlanders moved the ball really well against JC. Huntington looked like the better team. Huntington then scrimmaged Capital last week and was ahead 14-0 in the first quarter when weather ended it. Basing it off those scrimmages, which obviously can be a bad idea, I would take JC by a couple TDs.
JC 35 Capital 21

Huntington scored twice on the first set of 10 plays. That was it for them on the offensive end. JC scored 4 times. So it’s hard to see Hintington being the better team. They did start quicker but JC looked to be the breed overall team.
2 of jc td was against huntington jv it was a good game huntington was the better team in a real game it would have been a whole different outcome huntington was bigger faster and very physical
coach28 Wrote:2 of jc td was against huntington jv it was a good game huntington was the better team in a real game it would have been a whole different outcome huntington was bigger faster and very physical

Excellent use of grammar.

Huntington did go up 14-0 in their first ten play series, in the third series though, Huntington was wore down. JC was able to move the ball on the ground and in the air. JC was also able to stop Huntington from scoring in their 2nd & 3rd offensive series.

As far as Huntington High being "bigger, faster and very physical" against JC, I agree JC did start slow in the opening series. After the little scuffle, JC came alive. JC's running game wore Huntington down and in-turn, that opened up some pages from the playbook.
Excellent use of grammar!! What is the meaning of this remark?
WSAZ.com is reporting that Capital High school is closed the rest of the week due to a mold issue.

The school system started Monday, but Capital has been out of school all week because of this issue.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Kanawha...67091.html
coach28 Wrote:2 of jc td was against huntington jv it was a good game huntington was the better team in a real game it would have been a whole different outcome huntington was bigger faster and very physical

Unless Huntington’s JV put their starters jerseys on thats a false statement. Each teams varsity players played 3 sets of 10 plays each. After their 3 sets JC had scored 4 TDs and Huntington only scored the 2 TDs on the first set of 10.

The JV teams played 2 sets of 10 after the brief halftime. JC scored twice and Hintington didn’t score.

It was a good game but after the first set of 10 Huntington gassed and JC was the better team.
Scrimmages are scrimmages and with who Johnson Central scrimmaged that shows where the stand,two really good teams. With that being said it’s not a Friday or Saturday real game when the adrenaline gets really flowing. Johnson Central beats Charleston 28 to 7
I meant Capital sorry getting old
Capital getting extra practice time this week to prepare for the game.
T-CATS Wrote:Capital getting extra practice time this week to prepare for the game.

Mold got the school shut down and they will need the extra practice. The Golden eagles are going to soar this weekend and win this game.
Really good test to start the season for JC. Capital always has some quick athletes that can cause problems especially Kerry Martin. I can see him having a couple of long touchdowns. Hoping JC has some more speed in the secondary this year because that was their downfall in their losses last year. The past two years the big o-line and d-line for JC has worn down Capital and I see the same thing happening this year.

JC 34
Capital 21
fewfirstchoice Wrote:Unless Huntington’s JV put their starters jerseys on thats a false statement. Each teams varsity players played 3 sets of 10 plays each. After their 3 sets JC had scored 4 TDs and Huntington only scored the 2 TDs on the first set of 10.

The JV teams played 2 sets of 10 after the brief halftime. JC scored twice and Hintington didn’t score.

It was a good game but after the first set of 10 Huntington gassed and JC was the better team.

I realize people see what they want to see sometimes. But the Huntington starters played exactly 2 10 play Series. Huntington wasn’t gassed in the 3rd set... it was their JV.

Either way I think JC beats Capital. Probably by a couple TDs.
JC wins this one
JC-42
Cap WV-14