Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Junior Class in the 14th region?
Who got the best Junior class in the 14th?
Knott Central easily. IMO.

I think there is a lot of good JRs in the 14th. Leslie is full of good JRs.
1.KCC (McGuire, Damron, Napier)
2.Wolfe Co (Johnson, Tolson, Peyton)
3 Hazard (Pelphrey the best JR in the 14th, with Napier)
4.Leslie Co (Day, Asher,Baker)
5.PCC (Duff Brock Mckenzie)
6.Buckhorn (Bowling and Stidham....Collins is only a So. but if you added him to the list Buckhorn would jump a lot higher on the list.)
Leslie entire team is all Juniors and a freshman. Day, Asher, Abner, And Baker are all juniors. Hensley is just a freshman. So Leslie will return their entire team next season. Easily a top 3 team in the region coming in.
Wolfe has 2 Tolson brothers that are JR’s Wilgus is the primary ball handler and Elijah Tolson is one of the best 3pt shooters in the region
I’d have to say Knott Central..then Wolfe.

Knott: McGuire is a cornbread fed beast down low. Easily scores on anyone one on one. He scores double teamed, which he is most the time. McGuire is just a difference maker. You can’t teach size. Rebounds well, blocks shots. Makes opposing teams change their shots. He needs to get quicker with footwork and work on getting in better running shape, has really nice hands.
Napier -has a deadly shot from behind the arc. He has improved on his drive but still needs to work on speed and defense. Can force shots at times when it’s better to pass but has good size for a shooting guard/small forward.
Damron- handles the ball extremely well. Finds a way to draw the foul and get to the charity stripe. Have seen him make some good passes but still needs to work on passing. Point guards should lead a team on assist most nights. He’s small.
Beginning of year Knott was not playing team ball though and that can make good players look bad. Selfish play won’t get you anywhere.
On the other hand, is Wolfe, who plays great team ball from the games I’ve witnessed this year. Jaz Johnson is strong, quick and knows how to score, but he isn’t consistent. Very good defender. Tolson also a great shooter and has good size. Not as good a defender in my opinion as Johnson. Seems to be more consistent with his gameplay though.
Then Hazard of course has Pelphrey, he is a true point guard. Quick, can drive, pull up jumper..but his defense does need some work. He is a tad on the small side but he has a great attitude and doesn’t play selfish at all. Jarret Napier is better on defense in my opinion, and can shoot decent at times, came in clutch at the All-A..but he is also a tad on the small side. If those boys were bigger I might could put them behind Knott instead of Wolfe.
Next would be Leslie. I know they return all their players next year, and the Day boy is pretty good. But honestly haven’t seen them play enough to make a good assessment.
Perry has the Duff kid that’s been playing really good lately.

Breathitt has a nice Freshman class, but don’t know of any juniors that stick out.

Somebody told me Knott doesn’t have any sophomores on the team. (Off topic I know but that’s weird to me)