Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 5 Hazard 2
Hazard led 2-1 going into the seventh.

Same story as last time. Morris comes in to close, walks the bases loaded and gives up four runs. This time the four runs came via a grand slam for Cottongame.

These two teams have had two battles and I'm sure there's at least one more in the cards.

Hazard plays in the All-A state tournament this weekend.
Please baseball gods do not let these two draw each other in the district!
Bluecat Wrote:Please baseball gods do not let these two draw each other in the district!
so you all don't seed in your District?
zaga_fan Wrote:Hazard led 2-1 going into the seventh.

Same story as last time. Morris comes in to close, walks the bases loaded and gives up four runs. This time the four runs came via a grand slam for Cottongame.

These two teams have had two battles and I'm sure there's at least one more in the cards.

Hazard plays in the All-A state tournament this weekend.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't this Cottongame's 2nd grand slam in like a week's time?
Strikeout King Wrote:If I'm not mistaken, isn't this Cottongame's 2nd grand slam in like a week's time?

Probably within a month or so.

Got one against Knott Central in early April I believe. May have had another between now and then, but I'm not sure.
Congrats to Perry. I think we will be fine. Go Dawgs!
I really hope these 2 don't draw each other in the first round of district. 2 fantastic baseball teams.
Anybody know when the 54th district draw is scheduled?
Easy Wind Wrote:Anybody know when the 54th district draw is scheduled?

Today!
zaga_fan Wrote:Today!

Please lord baby Jesus let it be anything other than Hazard/Perry.
zaga_fan Wrote:Hazard led 2-1 going into the seventh.

these two are pretty good buddies, I'm sure he served him up a nice pitch. :1:
Patriot train Wrote:these two are pretty good buddies, I'm sure he served him up a nice pitch. :1:

Is this a joke?
Base_Ball Wrote:Is this a joke?

Most definitely. The last thing Morris wanted was to serve Cottongame a hittable pitch.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Most definitely. The last thing Morris wanted was to serve Cottongame a hittable pitch.

Not many good, hittable pitches get served up at 90+ MPH
zaga_fan Wrote:Not many good, hittable pitches get served up at 90+ MPH

So you're saying it wasn't a 75 mph fastball down the pipe?
geauxtigers75 Wrote:So you're saying it wasn't a 75 mph fastball down the pipe?
After walking the bases loaded, I'm sure he took a lot off just to get one close to the strike zone!