•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Taylor snubbed by media?
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Ok so you understand that we don’t have to recruit, our programs do that for us.

I understand that is complete BS Smile
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:North Laurel.

Give it time, if Corbin could pull a 7’6 kid from Beijing they would. They’d probably “land” his non English speaking dad a job at Baptist Health

:hilarious:
Hound05 Wrote:I’m sorry but NO ONE from SL can talk about corbin having players come in. Their center on their 2005 state champ team was Fields. I KNOW for a fact he lived in clay co his whole time. Without him you don’t win state. Prob not even region. So go be a hypocrite somewhere else mmmmmmkaayyyyy

You never did answer my question regarding the VA. You don’t know the first thing about the VA, or anything else, for that matter.

I doubt you could make a sammitch at Subway.
pjdoug Wrote:I understand that is complete BS Smile

Try not to step in it and take it back to the county your already being called a Corbin guy. They will swear up and down your bringing it back down there to recruit for us.

With all honesty dougie, you know why the kids leave the county it is a internal issue. Until they only hire external coaches it is going to be the same ole stuff. They just got an amazing hire in baseball, football is external, just remove the basketball coach and things could change as long as the external don’t sell out.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Try not to step in it and take it back to the county your already being called a Corbin guy. They will swear up and down your bringing it back down there to recruit for us.

With all honesty dougie, you know why the kids leave the county it is a internal issue. Until they only hire external coaches it is going to be the same ole stuff. They just got an amazing hire in baseball, football is external, just remove the basketball coach and things could change as long as the external don’t sell out.

I agree with that. I love honesty Smile
The Outsider Wrote:The area he is talking about is actually in the Corbin School District, but was at one time in the Whitley School District. Both Districts send school buses into these areas and parents can choose where to send their kids. The property taxes from this area, which are by the way higher than the property taxes in the Whitley District, go to the Corbin School District. Oak Grove School(Whitley District) sits just outside the Corbin District. I have attached a map.

https://www.google.com/search?q=map+of+c...irefox-b-1

That is unusual, but I guess Corbin is unusual being in three counties.
My point is that the Oak Grove school is either under the umbrella of Whitley or Corbin schools, but not both. If there is an agreement that students outside Whitley can attend, then I guess there is some overlap.
pjdoug Wrote:I don't like Corbin, but I do like watching you cry after you lose to them. lol

I’m heartbroken I thought we were starting to grow on you!! Confusednicker:
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Regardless of what numbers he put up, he's probably the most universally hated player by other players and coaches than any kid to come through the 13th. But that ship has sailed and is over now.
They hate him only because how good he is.They hate him because his coach leaves him in when they are up 30 points to 'Get his"
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Mr Instagram won’t be putting numbers like that on Scott County.
They still have to play the game. Scott Co has to get past Trinity and Corbin probably Knott CoConfusedinglepar
The Outsider Wrote:South Laurel also had the kid from Miami who lived with the asst. coach. Their Regional; Champion teams have benefited from transfers as well, off the top of my head there was Brad Sizemore, who transferred from Clay Co. and the 2008 Region Champ's top scorer(can't recall his name) transferred from one of the Pulaski Co. schools. Even the team that won the state had a kid who transferred from Clay Co. on it.

Just a point for clarification: they must have had a grand scheme in mind for Brad, because unless I'm badly mistaken, he moved before the age of 10.

I think it's probably just as fair to say that a lot of the families moved to South Laurel for those same "grass is greener" reasons that people are listing for Corbin.

Knowing most of the guys who moved from Clay County, I don't think that it was nearly the same as some of the others who've ended up at Corbin in most cases, and ironically, I think that the one which is probably the closest to being solely for basketball hasn't even been mentioned (and no, I'm not confirming who that is if people try to guess).
pjdoug Wrote:I agree with that. I love honesty Smile

Haha I meant honestly. Lol
Rainingthrees Wrote:I would say intense dislike instead of jealousy because of the way they win. If you live in the tri county area you would have more understanding why. 4 of the kids that started last night for Corbin are transfers into the program. 2 from the county, 1 from south Laurel, 1 from lca. That's just how they do things to win at any sport. That's why they are very disliked outside the city limits of Corbin. If they didn't get these kids that are talented from other schools they never would win much cause the homegrown talent is well not very good, that's why they go get mommy or daddy jobs at or in Corbin to get the talent. If it works keep doing it, khsaa doesn't mind.

Are you really trying to blame Corbin for having 12 kids total on your basketball team? At some point and time somebody besides the teachers or board members kids have to get a chance to play, did you ever think maybe that’s why they come to Corbin?
chs crazy Wrote:I’m heartbroken I thought we were starting to grow on you!! Confusednicker:

I don't hate you, but don't get your hopes up. lol
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Haha I meant honestly. Lol

I appreciated your honesty. I honestly did.
Corbin only cares about sports. They have no morals and humility and it was shown to the entire country this year. And they aren’t even embarrassed about it. It’s a way of life in Corbin. Sad but true, no denying it.
Leader Wrote:Corbin only cares about sports. They have no morals and humility and it was shown to the entire country this year. And they aren’t even embarrassed about it. It’s a way of life in Corbin. Sad but true, no denying it.

Yet they have the highest performing school academically in the tri-county. They have the highest rate of getting kids college and career ready. Corbin cares about success, and doing your best in whatever you do.

"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Yet they have the highest performing school academically in the tri-county. They have the highest rate of getting kids college and career ready. Corbin cares about success, and doing your best in whatever you do.

Redhound Nation Rules

Football - State Finalist
Boy's Basketball - Region Champs - more to come
Volleyball - Region Champs
Boys Soccer - Elite 8
Girls Soccer - Elite 8
Cheerleading - National Champs
Bowling - State Finalist
8th Grade Football - State Champs
7th Grade Football - State Champs

This is not counting the Spring Sports - Enough Said! Mic Drop!

:kneel:
Congrats to Corbin for winning the Region. Congrats to Mr. Taylor you are the best player in the 13h Region. Hope you have a Great College career.
SwallowedMyWhistle2 Wrote:Redhound Nation Rules

Football - State Finalist
Boy's Basketball - Region Champs - more to come
Volleyball - Region Champs
Boys Soccer - Elite 8
Girls Soccer - Elite 8
Cheerleading - National Champs
Bowling - State Finalist
8th Grade Football - State Champs
7th Grade Football - State Champs

This is not counting the Spring Sports - Enough Said! Mic Drop!

:kneel:
And that's why kids go to Corbin. If you are a parent and have the chance to send your kid to the best school in the area by far and you don't? Well.... says a lot about the parent.
Glad my kids are past high school. But after Corbin has shown their true colors again, if you send your children there it only shows your true colors and those colors are very poor. The truth hurts. That’s why nobody else but Corbin likes Corbin. You can ask any body in the state and they will say the same thing. No morals.
You forgot to add national recognition for racial comments. True colors again. Truth hurts.
Leader Wrote:Glad my kids are past high school. But after Corbin has shown their true colors again, if you send your children there it only shows your true colors and those colors are very poor. The truth hurts. That’s why nobody else but Corbin likes Corbin. You can ask any body in the state and they will say the same thing. No morals.

If you can't beat them, then I guess you have to resort to middle school tactics of trying to cut them down. It's really sad, hopefully one day some of these people will come to realize that they take this stuff way too seriously.
Looks like corbin people take it more seriously than anyone or anything including morals, charcter, etc. disgusting and they get it from the parents. Go to a corbin sporting event.
The Outsider Wrote:If you can't beat them, then I guess you have to resort to middle school tactics of trying to cut them down. It's really sad, hopefully one day some of these people will come to realize that they take this stuff way too seriously.

more people should be like me :biggrin:
Leader Wrote:Looks like corbin people take it more seriously than anyone or anything including morals, charcter, etc. disgusting and they get it from the parents. Go to a corbin sporting event.
zzzzzzz
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Yet they have the highest performing school academically in the tri-county. They have the highest rate of getting kids college and career ready. Corbin cares about success, and doing your best in whatever you do.

Leader Wrote:Corbin only cares about sports. They have no morals and humility and it was shown to the entire country this year. And they aren’t even embarrassed about it. It’s a way of life in Corbin. Sad but true, no denying it.

Taylor messed up by saying what he said.It's over. He's a 19 year old kid that got caught up in the hype of winning a BIG rival game.Nothing was said about the KC players and how they trash talked. At the end of the South Corbin game, both teams hugged and cried together.Bigger rival than Knox and they don't hate Corbin. A lot of teams,towns, people hate Corbin because of their success in sports and in academics. That':gtfo::hatersConfused a fact
Rainingthrees Wrote:I would say intense dislike instead of jealousy because of the way they win. If you live in the tri county area you would have more understanding why. 4 of the kids that started last night for Corbin are transfers into the program. 2 from the county, 1 from south Laurel, 1 from lca. That's just how they do things to win at any sport. That's why they are very disliked outside the city limits of Corbin. If they didn't get these kids that are talented from other schools they never would win much cause the homegrown talent is well not very good, that's why they go get mommy or daddy jobs at or in Corbin to get the talent. If it works keep doing it, khsaa doesn't mind.

That comment is so STUPID!!!Where are there any jobs at in Corbin???The railroad closed down, the hospital is laying off and cutting hours, Wayne supply has downsized. What Jobs?????The boy from LCA's Family is from Corbin. They moved around the state following their dreams and the father kept taking promotions. One came open in Corbin and he got it. If you don't know what you are talking about STFU
Superfly Wrote:That comment is so STUPID!!!Where are there any jobs at in Corbin???The railroad closed down, the hospital is laying off and cutting hours, Wayne supply has downsized. What Jobs?????The boy from LCA's Family is from Corbin. They moved around the state following their dreams and the father kept taking promotions. One came open in Corbin and he got it. If you don't know what you are talking about STFU

Heard Corbin may get a Bigger Transfer next year, maybe Knox needs to build at Wall.
:popcorn:
Well, I've been away for a few days and it would appear that this thread has gotten way off topic during that time.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)