Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region down?
The 15th region is probably the worst it has ever been. Only 5 of the 16 teams have a winning record. What is going on?
At least within the 57th district every team is extremely young but talented. There’s been some major growing pains. JC graduated Mason Blair and Cole Crace, Magoffin Co. graduated basically their entire starting lineup including stars Jaren Lovely and Trent Russell, Sheldon Clark graduated their starting lineup including Dylan James, and Painstville was already super young being led by an 8th grader and a freshmen. Then you have a team like Lawrence that lost Tim Dalton.

A lot of teams were led by senior heavy teams and there’s just a void of experienced players. They are a little down this year but some young talent will lead to a resurgence the next two years.
You can say they are down but hasn’t the 15th region mostly defeated the 14th this year in their matchups?
15 is way down . Two goid teams
15th is for sure better than the 14th if you look at scores. Floyd central has defeated several 14th region including Knott central and perry. Pikeville defeated cordia. Belfry who is probably about 6 or 7 in the region barely lost to the 14th favorite knott county by 3. So I don't think the 15th is great but definitely not the worst it has been. And not as down as the 14th is.
To go along with those teams in the 57th that lost a lot to graduation, East Ridge lost a lot as well. Lawrence lost Dalton hurt them tremendously, though losing Wellman also caused the Bulldogs to take another step back as well.

I agree that their is a lot of young talent coming up in the 15th Region and it should make for some exciting basketball over the next few years. I think this years 15th Region Tournament should be very exciting as well, I cant wait to make it to the Expo Center to watch it unfold.