Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley vs Leslie
Was able to see a Preseason scrimmage between two of top 14 region teams today. Owsley led by 1 at half and led for almost entire game. Had 8/10 point lead a couple of times but Leslie was able to fight back each time. Leslie took lead with around 10 seconds left on basket by Mullins. Leslie pulled out win by 2. Both teams played well was a really good game.
Owsley was led in scoring by Gibson who is just a complete beast. Best player in region. Murray and Lynch also played very well for Owsley. Both in double figures. Lynch is extremely fast, can finish at the rim, and knock down jumper. Murray runs floor extremely well and strong inside around rim.
This Owsley team is very dangerous.
I wasn't there, but did talk with an Owsley parent who was. He says Owls played a really good game and should have won.
Owsley really should have won the game, missing their 6th man hurt them down the stretch but overall a really good game by both teams. The game was very physical as with any scrimmage but I really thought that played into Leslie’s favor. Look for Owsley to surprise some people this season.
Boogie Wrote:Owsley really should have won the game, missing their 6th man hurt them down the stretch but overall a really good game by both teams. The game was very physical as with any scrimmage but I really thought that played into Leslie’s favor. Look for Owsley to surprise some people this season.
Who was the 6th player absent for Owsley?
And who were the 5 starters?
I was told the varsity can go 2 deep off the bench but not a lot of experience after that. But if they stay injury free 7 is an okay number.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Who was the 6th player absent for Owsley?
And who were the 5 starters?
I was told the varsity can go 2 deep off the bench but not a lot of experience after that. But if they stay injury free 7 is an okay number.

Johnson wasn’t there and they definitely could have used her ball handling skills with Leslie full court pressing the entire game.
Starters were Gibson, Lynch, Murray, McQueen and Creech
It was a solid game, Leslie just too much for them down the stretch. Leslie is very young, and only gonna get better.
That's one thing about Leslie's Coaches, they will get the most out of the girls as the year goes on. Look at last year.
MountainBaller Wrote:It was a solid game, Leslie just too much for them down the stretch. Leslie is very young, and only gonna get better.

Just want to add same about Owsley being young. They started a sophomore, two freshman, sixth man is freshman, and another eighth grader came off bench.

I love watching the Leslie teams play. Love the style and they are always well coached.

Both these teams will improve all season. Would be a fun game to watch come tournament time.
Owls lookin' good this year, as expected for those in the know. Leslie's style is fun to watch too. Good game, I do think the Owls would had pulled this one out with a full squad.
Gibson is fun to watch, best player in the region. You are right about Owsley, only gonna get better.
Gibson is the best all around player, agreed. The region has good talent spread out in different age groups as well. It's going to be a good few years for those fortunate enough to watch.