Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville 49 Waggner 46
The Admirals of Danville squeaks by with a win. Sure it wasn't the prettiest of wins but a win is a win.
Way to go Admirals !
Congrats to the Ads
Not sure if this is good for the Ads. Sliding past a 1-4 3a team.
mysonis55 Wrote:Not sure if this is good for the Ads. Sliding past a 1-4 3a team.

Every team is entitled to a let down. Waggner has played some really tough competition too so don't let the record fool you. Let's see how they bounce back after this.
mysonis55 Wrote:Not sure if this is good for the Ads. Sliding past a 1-4 3a team.
Dont worry too much, Danville is fine, I guarantee you Mayfield wont see a player like Brents. You were concerned last week too, just worry about Mayfield and Danville will be fine. Confusedhh:
ThinThirty Wrote:Dont worry too much, Danville is fine, I guarantee you Mayfield wont see a player like Brents. You were concerned last week too, just worry about Mayfield and Danville will be fine. Confusedhh:

You must be outta your mind. The player that most are suggesting as a Mr Football candidate and 2a player of the year resides in Lou. CAL's big time wr. Then you have seen players the likes of Guthrie, Matthews, Murrell, Harrison and Haliburton. I don't think we will be seeing the Ads any way. At this point, I'm more concerned about LCA or NCC.
mysonis55 Wrote:You must be outta your mind. The player that most are suggesting as a Mr Football candidate and 2a player of the year resides in Lou. CAL's big time wr. Then you have seen players the likes of Guthrie, Matthews, Murrell, Harrison and Haliburton. I don't think we will be seeing the Ads any way. At this point, I'm more concerned about LCA or NCC.
We will see,: Brents is being recruited by all the big time schools Oklahoma, Alabama, Louisville, and many more. I've seen CAL's big time wide receiver He didn't really dominate Danville last year. All you have been going by is scores, you don't know all the circumstances. You may not see the ADS I know LCA and NCC are going to be tough, But if you did see Danville it would have given Mayfield a chance to improve the record against Danville, I think Mayfield only beat Danville one out of 5 or 6 times they have played. So go ahead and worry about NCC and LCA thats fine. OH wait maybe you better worry about CAL and DeSales first.:hilarious:
I think our record vs Danville is actually worse than that. But, rest assured we have heard this talk before. We have seen a lot of really good players over the years. 2002, we had the two big brothers, son of the coach, from Harrodsburg. They went home losers. In 2005, we had the fastest team in the state, according to just about everyone, they went home losers. In 2009, we had the all star bunch from LCA. Well, didn't go so well. 2010, the undefeated Hazard bunch that was supposedly very loaded, went home losers. 2011, the best bunch Beechwood had in many years, went home losers. 2012, the top scoring and undefeated Fairview team with a huge line and loads is skill people, went home losers. 2014, the high flying undefeated Williamsburg team had loads of talent, went home losers. 2012 they said Warren Central had 3 players better than Jonathan Jackson, after the game, even they said they didn't. 2009 we beat the 3a state champs which had 2 players that went to NFL. My point is, I think we most obviously have seen a player of his caliber before.
Sorry, 2005 I was referring to Batdstown.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think our record vs Danville is actually worse than that. But, rest assured we have heard this talk before. We have seen a lot of really good players over the years. 2002, we had the two big brothers, son of the coach, from Harrodsburg. They went home losers. In 2005, we had the fastest team in the state, according to just about everyone, they went home losers. In 2009, we had the all star bunch from LCA. Well, didn't go so well. 2010, the undefeated Hazard bunch that was supposedly very loaded, went home losers. 2011, the best bunch Beechwood had in many years, went home losers. 2012, the top scoring and undefeated Fairview team with a huge line and loads is skill people, went home losers. 2014, the high flying undefeated Williamsburg team had loads of talent, went home losers. 2012 they said Warren Central had 3 players better than Jonathan Jackson, after the game, even they said they didn't. 2009 we beat the 3a state champs which had 2 players that went to NFL. My point is, I think we most obviously have seen a player of his caliber before.

Like you said the Mayfield players of 2002, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012, may have seen players of Brents caliber, but they are not on the field in 2017.

The Mayfield players of today have not seen a player like a highly recruited Brents, unless you all have played Trinity and Rondale Moore or someone from out of state. If I am wrong please correct me and lets us all know who the player is that's higher than Brents or even his teammate Rice that you have played against that the players of today has seen?

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Footbal...l&State=KY
Well you got a really good UC fb, a couple speedy wr from Hoptown, PT has 2 bruising backs and the Harmon kid is really talented, the RB forMcCracken is special and Grant from GC I'm sure can't be too far off. Irregardless, the east is still behind in 2a.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well you got a really good UC fb, a couple speedy wr from Hoptown, PT has 2 bruising backs and the Harmon kid is really talented, the RB forMcCracken is special and Grant from GC I'm sure can't be too far off. Irregardless, the east is still behind in 2a.

No disrespect to any of these players you have listed. I'm sure they are all great high school football players but not one of these you listed is in the same league as Brents, or even Rice. :dontthink I'm sure formally 2A#1 and defending 2A State Champion CAL doesn't think that the 2A east is behind this morning.
I bet they do. They played one of the top 2a east teams to a 5 point game without their qb.
mysonis55 Wrote:I bet they do. They played one of the top 2a east teams to a 5 point game without their qb.

:lmao: You're killin me Smalls!:thatsfunn I'm sure that CAL is feeling today that the 2A East is behind. :lmao:
Only 10 weeks away from proving it.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think our record vs Danville is actually worse than that. But, rest assured we have heard this talk before. We have seen a lot of really good players over the years. 2002, we had the two big brothers, son of the coach, from Harrodsburg. They went home losers. In 2005, we had the fastest team in the state, according to just about everyone, they went home losers. In 2009, we had the all star bunch from LCA. Well, didn't go so well. 2010, the undefeated Hazard bunch that was supposedly very loaded, went home losers. 2011, the best bunch Beechwood had in many years, went home losers. 2012, the top scoring and undefeated Fairview team with a huge line and loads is skill people, went home losers. 2014, the high flying undefeated Williamsburg team had loads of talent, went home losers. 2012 they said Warren Central had 3 players better than Jonathan Jackson, after the game, even they said they didn't. 2009 we beat the 3a state champs which had 2 players that went to NFL. My point is, I think we most obviously have seen a player of his caliber before.

Your memory is slipping on the bolded myson55. The Johnson Brothers played for Harrodsburg in the 90's and I'm not sure Mayfield ever played them unless it was in the regular season.

Don't know why you are so defensive. Thinline wasn't saying that Mayfield couldn't beat Waggoner. He was saying that Brents was the type of player that Mayfield probably won't see on their schedule THIS YEAR.

Brents is probably the best athlete in the state playing football but it doesn't mean he will win Mr. Football.
2 kids from Waggoner are as good as anybody in the state. Cal and DeSales will make the West an extremely hard road. New Cath and LCA make the East very hard road. Both teams have a long way to go before they worry about each other.
danville better be concerned about wheatley not mayfield. ha