Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 49 McCracken Co. 27
Final
Congratulations Cardinals!
one reply????Come on Mayfield fans get busy here.The game should have been a running clock in the first half but we kept letting them hang around plus the stripes got excited with their flags taking away several big plays from us.McCracken is improving and should win some games here on out.
:Shaking:
McCracken appears to run some complicated schemes, especially defensively. The coach was a late hire and I think they are just now finding themselves and getting it figured out. They are much better than their record indicates. LBs and DEs are very, very good. DBs looked great given the benefit of being allowed to hold all night, but I'll skip a rant on that. The QB was very impressive as well.

MF got up 20 and then put it in coast mode. While MF was asleep at the wheel, MC took it to them, seized the momentum, and made a game of it. Good news, MF beat a decent team fairly handily despite not playing very well. Great news, I think this may have been Markeacio Jackson's coming out party. Kid had a monster game. I've been saying for awhile he is going to be a beast and I think we saw a preview of that last night. MF is fine physically. Clean-up the mental stuff and I think they will be right there.
Defensively kids not taking care of their assignments or listening to what coaches tell them. Coach Dew gave them their keys at halftime. When they executed they stopped that sweep action cold. Then they would relax and go back to trying to coast. Kyle Hurt, Markeezio Jackson, Denzel Perry, Leo Doran and Conner Guthrie played great on defense. Others need to step up. No Mayfield team allows the same stuff to work that often.

The good thing is, you are gonna have to score at least 40 to beat us.