Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 47 @ PT 14 on 9-1-17
Final.

PT did look improved and showed they do have a power running game. They also proved to have the best defense that Mayfield has played yet this year.
Cards dominate as usual.
Solid win for the Cards. PT has some very talented kids. To my eyes, that score is more about MF being good than PT being bad. 40 points against that defense is not something to scoff at.
I was really impressed in the difference PT has made in a year. They do have a coach now.
Mayfield is being kind in their remarks.
I could see the difference in the PT kids attitude towards the game and the discipline the new coach has instilled in those kids and PT never did quit.I beleieve they are on their way back because they have the athletes to do it.
I thought we would be bigger than PT again this year. However, their line matched up pretty close with ours. I think our conditioning was much better but, the first year head coach may not have had enough time with the boys this year. I expect that will change. I'm not just trying to be nice. They really looked much better.
I'm very impressed with this team.
I still think we are in a better position than we were, but we are currently too one-dimensional and have a long way to go.
Mayfield being Mayfield made us pay for each and every of our mistakes, this is one of the fastest Mayfield teams I have seen across the board.
I think the large crowd shows that locals will still come out to see a good football team - when one is in town.
True blue, we are trying to keep that on the down low. We are rebuilding. We are inexperienced. Shhhhh