Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A Corbin at #1
Ps bell has better numbers, but that don't make a championship even though Dudley is back. You still have to win when it counts. They are a couple,years away. I don't say that with disrespect but I try to speak the truth in a gossip forum. I just hope that everyone plays injury free and has the opportunity to play there best game to make each program step it up.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Ps bell has better numbers, but that don't make a championship even though Dudley is back. You still have to win when it counts. They are a couple,years away. I don't say that with disrespect but I try to speak the truth in a gossip forum. I just hope that everyone plays injury free and has the opportunity to play there best game to make each program step it up.

Oh definitely now, on numbers. I just know the Casey youth numbers have been incredible the last 2 to 3 years. Maybe won't ever be able to top numbers of the traditional 3A powerhouses. I just wonder how long can Corbin and maybe another school or two maintain staying in 3A football. A lot of those teams have numbers better than most 5A. I know it's enrollment but Corbin has a good reputation as an academic school as well. Surely they are right on the verge of being 4A? I'm sure that would be some great games with Johnson Central, etc.. I would say Wayne, but after this year, maybe the next 2, Wayne county is going to fall off the map for awhile in terms of football reputation.
Hell I'm no Corbin fan. The more pressure I can put on anyone the better. I'm a decent guy, but not Mother Teresa. Damn sure not here to help anyone out. If they stand up to the pressure of #1, like Belfry has for years, good on those guys. I know they have a LOT of character kids over there. I made a highlight clip of one of their kids a few years back, just out of respect for that young man's ability. Then he finds me and says, thanks. Character kid. In truth, if we weren't in this division that kid alone I would root for success for his team. Unfortunately we've to to try and somehow play with these guys.
smoke1015 Wrote:Oh definitely now, on numbers. I just know the Casey youth numbers have been incredible the last 2 to 3 years. Maybe won't ever be able to top numbers of the traditional 3A powerhouses. I just wonder how long can Corbin and maybe another school or two maintain staying in 3A football. A lot of those teams have numbers better than most 5A. I know it's enrollment but Corbin has a good reputation as an academic school as well. Surely they are right on the verge of being 4A? I'm sure that would be some great games with Johnson Central, etc.. I would say Wayne, but after this year, maybe the next 2, Wayne county is going to fall off the map for awhile in terms of football reputation.

What makes you think that Wayne County is going to fall off the map ?
smoke1015 Wrote:Oh definitely now, on numbers. I just know the Casey youth numbers have been incredible the last 2 to 3 years. Maybe won't ever be able to top numbers of the traditional 3A powerhouses. I just wonder how long can Corbin and maybe another school or two maintain staying in 3A football. A lot of those teams have numbers better than most 5A. I know it's enrollment but Corbin has a good reputation as an academic school as well. Surely they are right on the verge of being 4A? I'm sure that would be some great games with Johnson Central, etc.. I would say Wayne, but after this year, maybe the next 2, Wayne county is going to fall off the map for awhile in terms of football reputation.

Corbin will definitely move out of 3A whenever they do the next reclass.