Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley
14.81%
Corbin
85.19%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Whitley 8-19-17
dodger Wrote:A Colonel win wouldn't just be an upset, it would upend history. CHS has won all 18 games in the series and no game has been closer than 14 points.

Before Campbell came in 1989, Whitley might as well not even had a program. Took 30 years to get it right. They haven't played since 85 when they hired back a good man who would schedule the competition.

Make sure you don't leave out the fact that Whitaker, for two measly years, and Jewell, for almost two decades ran like little school girls from multiple offers to play.

But keep running that number on up. Makes it more fun when it falls. May fake years, might be days. We shall see.
If I was a Corbin fan, if be excited as hell to finally have a coach that got games like Mayfield, Whitley, Alcoa, etc.
Not GRC, Harlan, and LCA
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:What radio station is the game on

107.3 WCTT if you're in Corbin and want to listen to the Corbin side. They have never streamed games online though. Not sure why.

104.3 WEZJ if you want to listen to the Whitley side. Much better crew to be honest. Corbins new guys just aren't what they use to be.
They use to stream on line every game but hasn't worked for the past two seasons. Not sure if they're getting it back or not.
Agree with you RIUTG, Corbin station has went to bottom since the day when Dave, Dave and Burley!
104.3 love listening to those guys: is that also Dave and Dave?
Corbin wins big 56-6
[QUOTE=RunItUpTheGut;2068420

Make sure you don't leave out the fact that Whitaker, for two measly years, and Jewell, for almost two decades ran like little school girls from multiple offers to play[/QUOTE]

That's funny. I was literally standing in the football office at CHS when an offer to play in the pigskin classic wasn't accepted until the opponent was Conner, not Corbin. But, whatever makes you happy, keep believing that. Whitley wouldn't have beaten Corbin then, either. Lol
Wolverine Wrote:Corbin wins big 56-6

:happytear::happytear:
The Spread Wrote:That's funny. I was literally standing in the football office at CHS when an offer to play in the pigskin classic wasn't accepted until the opponent was Conner, not Corbin. But, whatever makes you happy, keep believing that. Whitley wouldn't have beaten Corbin then, either. Lol

You can literally blow a tater sack up. When Corbin decided they would play Whitley they wanted to play at home only .
pjdoug Wrote:You can literally blow a tater sack up. When Corbin decided they would play Whitley they wanted to play at home only .

Go Colonels! :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Pj you buying hotdogs tonight ��
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bobcat4years Wrote:Agree with you RIUTG, Corbin station has went to bottom since the day when Dave, Dave and Burley!
104.3 love listening to those guys: is that also Dave and Dave?

Yup still is as far as I know.
Estes stepped back a couple of years ago but I believe he came back for the majority of last year.
Hopefully they've started love streaming in the internet again
OldJacket Wrote:Pj you buying hotdogs tonight ��
sure.
The Spread Wrote:That's funny. I was literally standing in the football office at CHS when an offer to play in the pigskin classic wasn't accepted until the opponent was Conner, not Corbin. But, whatever makes you happy, keep believing that. Whitley wouldn't have beaten Corbin then, either. Lol

I'm not going to get into another 3 week discussion on Corbin refusal to sign a contract with Whitley. Every Corbin fan I know will tell you exactly the same.
Corbin would only want to schedule Whitley in the pigskin, at home, for one year deals, when they had decent teams. We wanted exactly what's happening now. Home and Home.
It wasn't that hard.
As for the Connor game. I was there. I played in that game. Corbin couldn't have stopped us with 4 machines guns and a bazooka. I don't care if it was in Jewells back yard.
We had almost 3400 yards rushing that year.
Only common opponent we had was Bell. We beat them worse.
But go on and keep feeling yourself you were world dominators, that's my feelings on the matter
pjdoug Wrote:sure.

What about me 64SUR :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:What about me 64SUR :Cheerlead
Sure.bring the beer.lol
There were several years that the colonels could have beaten corbin if they had played. Most of them not playing is on jewell, but Campbell had some blame in it as well.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:What radio station is the game on

Looks like it will be live on WYMT-D.
This is he second of two game of the weeks for WYMT.
Last night they streamed North vs. South.

Tonight they will live stream Whitley and Corbin.

Thank God I can watch from home and don't have to go to Williamsburg.

Im pretty sure you can only watch online. I don't think last nights game was actually on cable.

Zaga, what say you?
Can you give us a link too if its only online?
Well its going to be to hot for Whitley County big boys tonigh.....Just saying :devilflam