Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
42.11%
Lawrence County
57.89%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Raceland 8/19/17
Raceland's got to eliminate penalties that put them first and 20 and not turn the ball over if they do that I think Raceland's defense is strong enough to win the game.
We will have to play smart fundamental football all year. Have to stay ahead of the chains at all times and not shoot ourselves in the foot. Our defense, imo, will have the speed to keep up with almost anybody. Offense just needs to sustain drives and keep the defense fresh
The gravel pit looks like the 18th fairway at Augusta . They did a great job
anotherfootballnut Wrote:The gravel pit looks like the 18th fairway at Augusta . They did a great job

Went by their Tuesday on way to Greenup for a soccer game. New grass looks great.
So does anyone close to the team have any input. How is the team looking? How are practices going leading up to their first game? Everyone who usually knows a lot are staying pretty tight lipped this year for some reason.
I'll take the Dawgs.
Do-double-gg Wrote:So does anyone close to the team have any input. How is the team looking? How are practices going leading up to their first game? Everyone who usually knows a lot are staying pretty tight lipped this year for some reason.

Transition year. Alot of the main stay Ram posters have had their sons, nephews, brothers, and cousins graduate and aren't as active without a vested interest. Heard practice went fairly well and cleaning up things from the grid. Imo, that was not the team we will see Sat night. That being said, this won't be the same type of Raceland team. I'm sticking with my 1 TD Raceland win. We are down, but not as down as some may think. Lawrence is up, but how much better they truly r remains to be seen.
Expectations this year are running pretty high. I think most fans are kinda quiet about it simply because we don't know for certain who is starting where due to having so much depth at certain positions and having so many kids out this year.I have watched a few practices and watched the scrimmage game @ Pikeville and there have been so many players rotating in and out at most positions that until I see them line up this Saturday, I have no idea. I'm sure the coaches have decided already but it's still a mystery to me. What I do know is that we should have a very strong ground game on offense. Some maulers up front, several strong fullbacks that can rotate in and out and West is a very big qb that can run. I have no clue about the passing game but I don't see us doing much of it unless we have to. Will take a game or so to get a better opinion on our defense. Right now all I can say is that we have a lot of hammers that will flat out stick people. After watching the scrimmage I think the secondary got out of position at times but the coaches will have that corrected by now i'm sure. This will be a hard test for the Dawgs opening the season @Raceland. I won't believe for a second that the Rams are down unless I see it for my own eyes. They have been too good for too long to be underestimated.
Well I wasn't asking how Raceland was looking lol. But I can answer your question about the Dawg's. They are much improved. The team last year was better then the score showed at times as young and lacking experience as they were. They showed flashes of what could be last season. Not only was the team young but the coach was learning also with it being his 1st ever season as a head coach, add to that he inherited the youngest team I've seen in a while. Every kid on this team got significant play time last season because we also got hit by the injury bug, we had freshman and sophomore starting all over the place at times. I honestly think this team is good and talented enough to reverse the outcome of every game from last season except one.This team is much better but next season and a couple of seasons after that everyone better look out because this JV team this year is loaded and talented. Our Varsity performed very well against Pikeville in the scrimmage but our JV was dominant against their JV in my opinion. A lot of those JV kids will make an impact this year because coach Short likes to sub a lot and keep fresh legs in the game and with a roster of around 72 we finally have the depth to do that. I think that when we get a full game in with all the starters some will be shocked at the level of turnaround a improvement this team has made from last season.
Getting excited for Saturday night. I really hope both teams come out injury free. Last two seasons lc has had some major first game injuries. Pulse around town is everyone is excited about the direction of the program. Everyone seems to be on board. Lc isn't gonna be world beaters this year, but you can feel that given time the program will reach former glory of smashing people under coach short.
I'm getting excited as well. This team is going to have a good year. Let's hope this is one of those years where we get nothing but minor injuries. I hope the Raceland team ain't shy of big hits and they better have their heads on a swivel because this defense is a bunch of headhunter's and the whole team gets excited when someone lays the boom. A very aggressive defense.
This is the HOF game right?

Raceland can't start off slow like they usually do in this game. They've played the Carter County teams in the past who they obviously just had more talent than and they kept it close with them for at least the first and second quarter, and West even made a ballgame out of it a few years ago.

But I just got a feeling this Raceland team will be different. With as much talent that they have, I imagine hearing "rebuilding year" has got to put a fire in their bellies.

I don't make predictions but I hope this is a fun competitive football game. Will it be live streamed?
Rams in a low scoring game
Black has waited for his turn to take the reigns. It's time for him to finally put it all together and lead this team. Love my Rams. Go get em tomorrow night boys! Field is looking great and it's almost football time in Ram Land!
Dawgs take this one. 28 - 10.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Dawgs take this one. 28 - 10.

I think so .
TUFF for any team to go into Raceland and come out with a W!! Going with Rams by 1 TD!
I am feeling more and more confident about this game by the minute. I think the Rams are going to be very tough as usual and they are always tough to beat at home. However I believe at the end of the day when all is said and done that this will turn out to be one of the better teams LC has had in a while and this is going to be a breakout year for the Dawg's in my opinion. I think Raceland is going to find it tough sledding to stop our run game and if they have as much trouble stopping the QB option as Pikeville did it could be a long night for the orange and black, kid has got some wheels and is very elusive. I also think our defense is going to be much improved from last season. They are very aggressive and swarm to the ball and one of those defenses that you get from time to time that just love folding people like a lawn chair. Every play you can see em just chomping at the bit looking for some contact lol.
Taking the RAMS in this one.
Slic Ric Wrote:Taking the RAMS in this one.

[Image: http://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/...582-24.jpg]
RAM'S new field is ready for action Saturday.
Slic Ric Wrote:RAM'S new field is ready for action Saturday.

looks good .
Stopping the belly and veer takes.... strong, disciplined linebackers. The dline will be at a disadvantaged all night due to being read on almost every play by the LC QB. If he makes the right reads, not sure Racelands LBs can handle the dawgs. LC By 2 scores.
I was told that Lawrence struggled against Pikeville in their scrimmage. If that's so I look for the Rams to defeat the Dawgs by two or three scores.
LC- 28
Raceland- 14
Hopefully be at the game. Good Luck to both and hoping for a great game unlike the game in Greenup.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I was told that Lawrence struggled against Pikeville in their scrimmage. If that's so I look for the Rams to defeat the Dawgs by two or three scores.

I don't know where you got your information but they actually faired pretty well against Pikeville. Coach Short is not a coach that approaches a scrimmage like a game, but if you like keeping score it was 12- 6 Lawrence in the Varsity portion of the game. Our JV was pretty dominant with 3 scores to none in the JV portion. Pikeville is going to be a pretty solid 1a team this year. They just blew Covington Holy Cross clean out of the water last night 51-14.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I don't know where you got your information but they actually faired pretty well against Pikeville. Coach Short is not a coach that approaches a scrimmage like a game, but if you like keeping score it was 12- 6 Lawrence in the Varsity portion of the game. Our JV was pretty dominant with 3 scores to none in the JV portion. Pikeville is going to be a pretty solid 1a team this year. They just blew Covington Holy Cross clean out of the water last night.

I was told that the Lawrence offense looked very sluggish and couldn't move the ball on Pikeville
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I was told that the Lawrence offense looked very sluggish and couldn't move the ball on Pikeville

Well we didn't score 50 or 60 or nothing but that isn't the point of a scrimmage. We have a lot of depth this year and a pretty good size roster. Coach was rotating a lot of kids in and out like crazy trying a lot of positions trying to get a good look at the newer and younger players.