Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordon Adell- Louisville Ballard
Probably a lock to win Mr. Baseball this year, and this kid will likely be 1st round pick in the draft, I've seen mock drafts that have him going anywhere from inside the Top 10 to 32 to the Reds. Ballard was defeated in the first round of the District Tournament this year, but Adell has had an incredible season and career. Here are some of his numbers from this season according to Max Preps:

33 Games Played
.554 Batting Average
.656 OBP
51 Hits
60 RBI
52 Runs Scored
24 HR's
33 BB's

He also features a Fastball that sits in the mid 90s and a wipe out breaking ball in the mid 80s. As an outfielder he has been clocked at a 6.19 in the 60 yard dash. Absolutely incredible talent.
Incredible!!....Those are Bryce Harper type stats.

It's not like Ballard plays a watered down schedule either.
Bob Seger Wrote:Incredible!!....Those are Bryce Harper type stats.

It's not like Ballard plays a watered down schedule either.

Exactly. They play a tough schedule. Makes it even more impressive.
Is this the kid signed with UL? Read the other day the chances he goes to UL are slim, a lock to go straight to the majors.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Is this the kid signed with UL? Read the other day the chances he goes to UL are slim, a lock to go straight to the majors.

From what I've read he's a UL commit yes. But I highly doubt he'll see a college field.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Is this the kid signed with UL? Read the other day the chances he goes to UL are slim, a lock to go straight to the majors.

Very seldom do position players go straight to the majors, as someone mentioned even Bryce Harper spent some time riding the bus in the minors. However, with a talent like Adell, I could see him being fast tracked. I've seen more players go straight to the big club as a pitcher, but most have played three seasons of at the college level.
Elliot Stabler Wrote:Very seldom do position players go straight to the majors, as someone mentioned even Bryce Harper spent some time riding the bus in the minors. However, with a talent like Adell, I could see him being fast tracked. I've seen more players go straight to the big club as a pitcher, but most have played three seasons of at the college level.

With a fastball with those numbers, is he a pitching prospect too?
Elliot Stabler Wrote:Very seldom do position players go straight to the majors, as someone mentioned even Bryce Harper spent some time riding the bus in the minors. However, with a talent like Adell, I could see him being fast tracked. I've seen more players go straight to the big club as a pitcher, but most have played three seasons of at the college level.

I can only remember one high school pitcher go straight to the majors out of high school, and that was David Clyde sometime back in the early 70's...Best I remember he didn't last very long due to arm problems.
Those are video game stats, kid sounds like an incredible talent.
[YOUTUBE="Pitching Highlights"]_dcurbkrxQA[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Three Home Run Game"]LeqYhLBYnr4[/YOUTUBE]
Bob Seger Wrote:I can only remember one high school pitcher go straight to the majors out of high school, and that was David Clyde sometime back in the early 70's...Best I remember he didn't last very long due to arm problems.

That's a great question. I'm unsure if he will be looked at as a pitcher but I'm sure some teams are interested in it.
Jordon just pitched 2 innings all year for ballard. walked 5 in those 2 innings