Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Doesn't WYMT Cover High School Baseball?
Three weeks into baseball season and I still haven't seen a single thing about high school baseball on WYMT. They have Pigskin Previews, Roundball Previews, but nothing for baseball. These kids work hard and I think they deserve some recognition, too.
Forest and Milan did it all the time.
It would be a tough task to cover everyone in the area on a daily basis because of distance and so many games. But scores and highlights would be nice. A 14th Region Baseball Preview would be great!
mandan Wrote:It would be a tough task to cover everyone in the area on a daily basis because of distance and so many games. But scores and highlights would be nice. A 14th Region Baseball Preview would be great!

I said if nothing else they could go on the KHSAA site, write down local scores for the day and read them off. How long would that take?
Back in the day Brian and Derrick would do it. They would just pick out an area that would be having two or three games....ie...Baseball and softball, in close proximity to each other. Then they would show a few highlights of each and then just report area scores. It's actually easier now. They at least have the score ticker at the bottom of the screen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
It is the same distance during basketball and football. I know football usually only plays on Fridays and basketball teams are 2-3 games a week but they could do baseball highlights for a couple different days. Baseball/Softball players put in the same time and effort as the other sports. They deserve to be showcased as the other sports as well. Not asking for Sports Overtime or live games just a couple highlights here and there would be good. Plus this would help promote the sport even more.
This thread will never get seen on the baseball section. Put it in the basketball or football section and they may see it!
Baseball just isn't as popular as other sports.
I've seen Karli Bell post a lot of snaps from local baseball and softball games, so I am not sure why this is not making it on to the show.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Kentucky may have more baseball talent in the state than any other sport. No one outside those involved have any idea.
Cougars111 Wrote:Baseball just isn't as popular as other sports.

Here's something that has always confused me. How many 5'9" basketball or football players do you see in the collegiate or professional levels? Yep, very few. How many do you see in baseball? Quite a lot.

So I guess my thoughts are, as a parent, why wouldn't you curve your child's early sports dreams towards the one sport where their athletic abilities do not have to be dictated by their size? A true chance at a "future" in baseball is much greater for the average sized teenager than in any other sport. Yet the youth out there seem to think at 5'9" they are going to be the next Lebron or Cam Newton......