Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 70 Allen Central 57
Two of the top 5 teams in region squared off after both wrapped up # 1 seeds in respective districts....

Belfry goes on road and gets second consecutive win against more than likely a regional opponent!!

The regional is going to take three consecutive night wins !! Belfry playing well in last night's win!!
15thRegionX Wrote:Are you kidding me? Pville is clearly better than Belfry. The JC game was just a mishap and McCarty played a great game. Belfry is not as good as Pville, but that doesn't mean they can't beat them. Anyone can beat anyone in the 15th on any night but I would not say Belfry is better than Pville, and I hate Pville but you just have to give them the credit they deserve!

Pikeville may have been better than Belfry at the beggining of the year.. But this Belfry team has continued to improve.. Without a doubt, they are better than Pikeville
With Case... Belfry has lost only once this year to another 15th region team, that was Pikeville very early in the season in what I feel was Belfry's worst performance to date.

IMO, Valley, Paintsville, and Belfry are the class of the 15th.

Valley's undefeated record against the 15th Region, and their solid performances against quality team from across the state make them a clear #1.

As for Belfry and Paintsville... I feel that they are on par with each other. And both Belfry and Painstville can beat Valley on any given night given the right breaks.

Also, for my money Jaime Case is the 15th Region MVP. Not only does he continue to average over 23 points a game which is amongst the best in the state, but he is doing this with 75% of his opposition playing a variation of a box and one. I didn't wtach the AC game but both Lawrence County and Pikeville did everything they could to neutralize Case and he still got his points as well as his 4 or 5 assists he gets every game.
SportsKrazee Wrote:Every teams goal is to make it to state tourny, and when/if you get there you will play night in night out if you are winning(which is what you try to do)...SO i really dont understand how teams expect to use this excuse if they tire out so easily...

I wasn't making excuses for AC, I simply said they appeared to be running on empty. They didn't play with their usual level of intensity. AC has won games this season for the simple reason they were able to outlast their opponent. That wasn't the case on Friday. A couple of players had been sick during the week. By the time Friday's game rolled around they just didn't have much left. Thats not to say that AC would have won against Belfry. Belfry is a very solid team and I was very impressed with Belfry's players. If all of AC and Belfry's players were 100%-AC would still have trouble matching up with Case. Belfry's big man would give them trouble as well. Belfry played AC hard and came away with the win, a win that Belfry deserved.

Congrats Pirates.
gotcha2 Wrote:I wasn't making excuses for AC, I simply said they appeared to be running on empty. They didn't play with their usual level of intensity. AC has won games this season for the simple reason they were able to outlast their opponent. That wasn't the case on Friday. A couple of players had been sick during the week. By the time Friday's game rolled around they just didn't have much left. Thats not to say that AC would have won against Belfry. Belfry is a very solid team and I was very impressed with Belfry's players. If all of AC and Belfry's players were 100%-AC would still have trouble matching up with Case. Belfry's big man would give them trouble as well. Belfry played AC hard and came away with the win, a win that Belfry deserved.

Congrats Pirates.

thats a very respectable post.. I wish AC well the rest of the season, an playoffs
Belfry's schedule has prepared them for tourney time...they have played several times on back to back nights...and several of these have either been tourneys or at the least on the road..Ac game was fourth this week...and they WERE NOT mentally or physically tired...AC got tired Belfry didn't...
Hoops Lover Wrote:Belfry's schedule has prepared them for tourney time...they have played several times on back to back nights...and several of these have either been tourneys or at the least on the road..Ac game was fourth this week...and they WERE NOT mentally or physically tired...AC got tired Belfry didn't...

So you like Coach Casey's scheduling of all these games like this?
i believe the way he scheduled the games were great! He is preparing them for tournament time which most coaches overlook. Belfry will be used to playing games back to back to back while other teams will get physically and mentally tired. Watch and see belfry will be playing the 3rd night at the regional tournament!
Yep...you don't?
Hoops Lover Wrote:Yep...you don't?

I can see in getting the teams ready physically and mentally, but waiting until the end to prepare is a little off. Why not do this through the schedule and prepare them gradually then build up to the minute. Not all at one time and expect them to play like cannons. Regardless of their age, they are still young athletes who tire easily also. Conditioning must take place over time, not just in spirts here and there.
Allen Central played 4 games in 7 days.

AC vs. SF 2/9
AC vs. BL 2/12
AC vs. Pburg 2/15
AC vs. Belfry 2/16

AC also played on 2/8. Of course they played The David School on 2/8 and other than the first part of the 1st quarter-the game was played by the JV team.
LakeLover Wrote:I can see in getting the teams ready physically and mentally, but waiting until the end to prepare is a little off. Why not do this through the schedule and prepare them gradually then build up to the minute. Not all at one time and expect them to play like cannons. Regardless of their age, they are still young athletes who tire easily also. Conditioning must take place over time, not just in spirts here and there.

Bubby, Belfry played 9 games in 11 days during Christmas break.. so its not anything new...
Belfry has played back to back games ALL YEAR...waiting till the end?? Look at their schedule there pal...making comments without looking at the schedule first is a little off imo...they ARE young athletes ...but conditioning is not all that is being worked on here...try mental toughness...the ability to fight thru tough situations when you are tired..what are you talking about spirts?? They have played games all year just like every other team...but some of those games have been on back to back nights...and some have been in tournament format..do some research before you comment my man!
mrfootball03 Wrote:thats a very respectable post.. I wish AC well the rest of the season, an playoffs

Agree,G/l to AC on the rest of the season