Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercer Co vs Southwestern Cancellation
This past Friday SW cancelled their away game at Mercer(Senior Night) because they had 6 or so players with the flu. I get that, BUT then on Saturday they played in the JV tourney at Lincoln Co. Now im not so sure that they couldnt have sent enough players to play Mercer on Friday...thoughts from anyone else? Playmaker?
I'm told that Mercer didn't want to play it either, and risk getting their players exposed to the flu as well. Most teams don't wait until the last game of the year to have senior night. Just what I heard. Could be wrong though.
I can't speak for Saturday but I do know for a fact that several of the Varsity players are sick. The Flu and Upper Respiratory Virus has hit Pulaski County hard.
I getting tired of defending something that no one but inside sw knows anything about. But I will take a shot. Sw has 12 kids on varsity. 10 was sick. 7 confirmed flu. Who would want to play them
callmecrazy33 Wrote:I'm told that Mercer didn't want to play it either, and risk getting their players exposed to the flu as well. Most teams don't wait until the last game of the year to have senior night. Just what I heard. Could be wrong though.

That makes sense.
Good move a lot of kids sick right now
Good move a lot of kids sick right now