Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County 49 Estill County 48
Final from Irvine
Wow! Well, I was certainly wrong. I honestly thought there was no chance that Estill would lose any of their remaining district games. Especially home games!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Well I thought that estill was going to be a region contender ,but I was wrong! That's a bad loss!!
Estill wasn't at full strength and hasn't been for about a week or longer.....
hillbilly cat Wrote:Well I thought that estill was going to be a region contender ,but I was wrong! That's a bad loss!!

Or a good win for Powell!
I'm told Of Estill's top 9 players entering the season , 8 have an illness or injury they are dealing with
Conductor Wrote:I'm told Of Estill's top 9 players entering the season , 8 have an illness or injury they are dealing with

I wouldn't know but it looked to me like they had all their players. And I saw no extreme fatigue from Estill. Bottom line Powell played really well. And their team is sophomore's and Juniors. I was very pleased with 8th grader Howell, holding her on with Estill's powerful Center Daneyard. King played the best game I have seen yet. A great coming out party.
FOOTBALLDICTIONARY Wrote:I wouldn't know but it looked to me like they had all their players. And I saw no extreme fatigue from Estill. Bottom line Powell played really well. And their team is sophomore's and Juniors. I was very pleased with 8th grader Howell, holding her on with Estill's powerful Center Daneyard. King played the best game I have seen yet. A great coming out party.

Kaley Treadway Estill starting guard has been sick for over a week and had to miss several games including the Lee County game last Friday. Estill also has two players that haven't played all season due to injuries but should play before the season is out.

You are right tho. Powell played a darn good game.
Estill did not play well, missed a ton of free throws. Regarding sickness if you knew anything about Estill team, you w ould have noticed very quickly Estill starting senior point guard Kaylee Treadway neither started nor played more than 2 minutes a quarter she has been ill for several weeks.Powell played very well taking nothing away from their win....
Good win for Powell, they played well. Estill has 2 of their 7 player rotation battling illness. As said above Treadway didn't play over 8 minutes for the game.
hopefully everyone playing can be healthy once district starts! Lose an ur out no matter who's hurt or sick!!!
Congrats to Powell. Big win for them. Hopefully all will get over their sickness and regroup.