Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 82 North Laurel 78
Final from Mountain Classic.

Harlan County will play Perry County Central in the championship game.

I've not seen North Laurel play this year, and I cannot begin to tell you how great Peyton Broughton is. He broke the scoring record for this tournament tonight with 54. And he isn't just a scorer either!!!! Good luck to him!

Shoutout to Cam for another great game and Andrew Creech for a wonderful performance!!!
Congrats to the Bears!
Very good game
Harlan Co or South Laurel will be your 13th Rep at Rupp
I would def pay admission for that one.
Harlan Co is the real deal
They have an excellent floor general
Warthog Wrote:Very good game
Harlan Co or South Laurel will be your 13th Rep at Rupp
I would def pay admission for that one.
Harlan Co is the real deal
They have an excellent floor general
Corbin will have a say so They have the best player in eastern ky
Congrats Black Bears!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
It's really amazing to me that Harlan County managed to beat Peyton Broughton tonight! 56 points is just unfathomable considering it was done against arguably the best team in eastern Kentucky!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Actually satisfied with this result from North perspective, because Jags were without their second best player (Brian Gray) who hurt his ankle near the end of the Hazard game in the first round. He actually led them in scoring that night and is the only player North has who can consistently take some of the scoring load off Peyton. Harlan Co. is very good and Carmichael is just a winner, a kid you would always want on your side. The regional tournament, with Harlan Co., Corbin, South, North, Knox Central and Clay is gonna be insane this year.
I believe North would be a much better team with better shot distribution. Peyton with 55, but 13-34 from the floor. If you count the shots he was fouled on (29 freethrows), he actually put up 50+ shots. No team is winning playing that way. After seeing this, Clay Co. Is my pick to win the 49th.
He made 29 free throws how many did he shoot
Truth99 Wrote:Corbin will have a say so They have the best player in eastern ky

You are correct my friend
I forgot about Corbin
basketball101 Wrote:He made 29 free throws how many did he shoot

I don't know how many he shot, but it wasn't many more than he made!! Kid was perfect from the FT line until the 4th quarter, and he was bound to have been exhausted.
Both teams overcame some issues, NL playing without Gray and HC playing almost the entire game without Simmons due to foul trouble and without Nolan the entire 4th quarter due to an injured ankle he suffered in the 3rd quarter. Broughton is prob one of the top 5 or 6 players to ever play at the WYMT Classic and HC is playing gritty tough TEAM basketball that is beautiful and inspiring to watch. Carmical is showing tremendous leadership for the Black Bears and the ability to "Hit The Big Shot" Lol....How about Andrew Creech and Gabe Price also for HC stepping up BIGTIME last night....Great show last night for sure!
Creech had a stellar performance! Price had ice water in his veins shooting those free throws!!
Great game!
Congrats Harlan County on win tonight. :Cheerlead
South Laurel Knox or Corbin win the 13th this year. South the overall best team nd Corbin right behind them then Knox.If Knox had some subs they maybe the best team
hoghead Wrote:South Laurel Knox or Corbin win the 13th this year. South the overall best team nd Corbin right behind them then Knox.If Knox had some subs they maybe the best team
That's cool, just disrespect HC despite their success this year! More motivation I am
sure will only benefit this group of Black Bears......Keep
It coming!
Harlan is a nice team .