1 Belfry
2 Corbin
3 Lex Cath
4 Central
5 Russell
6 Caldwell
7 E-town
8 Casey Co
Big gap from 1 to 2. small gap from 2 - to 5. 7and 8 I am not sure about. Casey is better than they are getting credit for.
Casey is very tough. Not sure they have the speed to compete with the rest of the field. Etown is better than expected.
Casey struggled with Ballard Mem. They can't be that good.
Caldwell Co is too low.
mysonis55 Wrote:Casey struggled with Ballard Mem. They can't be that good.

mysonis55 Wrote:Caldwell Co is too low.

Can't have both

Casey defeated Adair County 36-26 in Week 10, the same Adair who have Caldwell all they wanted until the last possession of the game.
The Caldwell and E-town game could go either way but I believe E-town will pull this one out
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Can't have both

Casey defeated Adair County 36-26 in Week 10, the same Adair who have Caldwell all they wanted until the last possession of the game.

You can't compare games or scores, people do it all the time but it's not a perfect science, North Hardin beat E Town 27 to 12, Caldwell led North the whole game and lost in the last minute 24 to 21. The game was played at North without Caldwell's best back playing that game, so that doesn't tell you much. It should be a close game.
missthefield Wrote:You can't compare games or scores, people do it all the time but it's not a perfect science, North Hardin beat E Town 27 to 12, Caldwell led North the whole game and lost in the last minute 24 to 21. The game was played at North without Caldwell's best back playing that game, so that doesn't tell you much. It should be a close game.

I didnt say anything about Caldwell vs. Etown. I fully expect that to be a close game.

My issue is with 55 saying that Casey County is a bad team and simultaneously trying to hype Caldwell to being much higher ranked than they are. The two shared the same opponent in the very recent past and history suggests Casey County and Caldwell are more similar than they are different.
I'm not really sure what happened with Caldwell against Adair. I would say it wouldn't happen again. However, we definitely know what Ballard Mem is and Casey barely got by them. That was the 3 seed in our district. Behind a 4-6 team. That should tell you something. Corbin or Caldwell would running clock them.
Speaking of comparing games. 07 Johnson Central killed Louisville Central by 30-40. Belfry beat Johnson bad but somehow got beat by Louisville Central. Don't go by who teams play.
A lot has to do with how you match up, and a lot has to do with the schedual. Im assuming L. Central got better as the year went on. Some teams are rebuilding with Sophs and Jrs. This may have been the case with L. Central. Johnson Cental may have caught them early.
That is another saying that gets over used. I firmly believe in most cases, the getting better after some point is mostly due to the strength of schedule, or lack there of. For instance, around here Graves Co always gets better after they got beat by Mayfield. That's because they don't play Mayfield again. This year to some, PT appeared to be getting better simply because they were playing nobody's at that time. It was proven Fri that they didn't get better, just had been playing lesser teams.
To anyone that thinks Belfry should not go ahead and size rings you are 100% wrong. Yea Corbin will have something to say about it but on the field where the game is played Belfry is totally dominate right now. They have played great teams and have faced adversity. But in 3A they stand head and shoulders above everyone else. Personally I think one of the coolest things to think about is IF Pikeville gets another and Johnson central seals the deal they will have beaten the 1A and 4A champs from EKY to cap off 4 years of dominance. This is coming from someone who doesn't LOVE Belfry. But 3 years ago I said that was one of the best HS teams I'd ever seen. And then those same guys got to play 3 more seasons. Unreal. Respect.
Belfry is the clear Favorite...... but so was the Cards against Houston.......