Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 61 - Paintsville 52
he did a very good job last night. i think that he should let them go full throttle all the time cause that is when they play there best ball in my opinion. keep it up girls and go all the way to state
all-or-nothing Wrote:Well, you know, Napier did a pretty daggone good job, especially in the fourth quarter. So, I'll agree with you there too. I guess I don't understand enough about b-ball - I know the girls need a breather every now and then, but I thought he slowed them down too much there a couple of times. Valley's strength is largely in their speed. Seems like they commit more turnovers when they slow things down. Notice that, or is it just me?
pikevilleball Wrote:I told everybody yesterday that Valley would win and alot of people said no way especially OFFTHEHOOK now are you going to say that I was right. Baldwin got out coached again. Kendra Carroll you are the real deal keep your head up you had a great career. and I will end on this note WAY TO GO VALLEY YOU SHOWED THOSE PEOPLE THAT THOUGHT YOU WERENT CAPABLE OF BEATING PAINTSVILLE BUT WE SHOWED THEM!!!!!!!!:thumpsup:

Boy you like to stir up crap don't you. I never said "No Way". All I said was, "Paintsville can beat SV" and "you never know, it's tourney time". Now, show were I said Paintsville will beat SV or were I made any Paintsville by this many perdictions. YOU CAN'T.

I will make this perdiction though. PCC is gonna spank SV. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. So there's you a perdiction.

Great year Lady Tigers. You girls worked hard. We're all proud of you.
How many minutes of playing time did Welch have?
nice post pikevilleball you sound like you really know whats going on. way to go cats you showed them. now go beat PCC AND SHOW EVRYONE THAT YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!
:letsparty :1:
OffTheHook Wrote:Boy you like to stir up crap don't you. I never said "No Way". All I said was, "Paintsville can beat SV" and "you never know, it's tourney time". Now, show were I said Paintsville will beat SV or were I made any Paintsville by this many perdictions. YOU CAN'T.

I will make this perdiction though. PCC is gonna spank SV. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. So there's you a perdiction.

Great year Lady Tigers. You girls worked hard. We're all proud of you.
I GUESS THE PAINTSVILLE FANS WILL MAKE UP EXCUSES NOW WHY THEY GOT BEAT i guess they will say it was a bad called game and they didnt get to shoot enough free throws. they wont admit that they just got outplayed and outcoached! and of course there going to say that PCC will kill them but at least we will get to play them and WE WILL PROVE YOU WRONG VALLEY ALL THE WAY
Congrats to Valley,can't wait till the Valley and PC game
valleyrules101 Wrote:I GUESS THE PAINTSVILLE FANS WILL MAKE UP EXCUSES NOW WHY THEY GOT BEAT i guess they will say it was a bad called game and they didnt get to shoot enough free throws. they wont admit that they just got outplayed and outcoached! and of course there going to say that PCC will kill them but at least we will get to play them and WE WILL PROVE YOU WRONG VALLEY ALL THE WAY

Jesus H, calm down a bit there buddy. I ain't makin any excuse and haven't made any excuses. I didn't stay for the game cause frankly I could care less about the girls team and definately care less about Baldwin. I'm sure he did get outcoached, 90% of his losses as head coach have been because of that. IDK if the girls got outplayed, I doubt it because they always play hard. Valley won by 9 and Esther Flemming tore it up just as I predicted.
valleyrules101 Wrote:I GUESS THE PAINTSVILLE FANS WILL MAKE UP EXCUSES NOW WHY THEY GOT BEAT i guess they will say it was a bad called game and they didnt get to shoot enough free throws. they wont admit that they just got outplayed and outcoached! and of course there going to say that PCC will kill them but at least we will get to play them and WE WILL PROVE YOU WRONG VALLEY ALL THE WAY

how can you say Paintsville fans are making excuses they have congradulated valley on a hard faught game...and have said they Valley was simply the better team...Paintsville had them on the ropes and Valley faught back with heart, determination and the gifts that god gave them which is what has brought them thus far and has the pontetiol of taking them furtur...
pikevilleball Wrote:thanks for congtatuating us it takes a big man to do that. but why say something about the foul shots if paintsville knew how to play defense without fouling like valley does then valley we wouldnt have shot so many. way to go girls now take it to PCC:1:
I wasn't taking anything away from valley!!!
I just can't remember the last time I saw a team go a whole game and not get in the bonus. As for Valley playing D without fouling....you gotta be kidding. Didn't you see Roberts run completely over Laura Carroll while trying to keep the ball out of Kendra's hands near midcourt??Actually drilled both girls but knocked Laura down and no call. there were plenty others as well, but did not affect the game.
both teams were evenly matched, and the stats prove that, just one team ewanted it more and shot more FTs. Not sure that PHS would have done any better as they shot terribly from the FT line on what few they did.
Good Luck against PCC.

Boy....just like a butthead to get on here and post this crap after we have all congratulated SV!!!
FYI, Paintsville was not outcoached or out played!!! They just lost a very good game! And SV wanted it more.
Congrats valley
Crank it up Valley for the pcc game! Great job on the win against Paintsville!
Excellent game Courtney Smallwood. It seems that the other girls get recognized for what they do but Courtney never does. Once again great job you had a super game. Now lets see you play even better for the pcc game. Go Valley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
I still am not impressed with Valley. Sure they have won plenty of games, and sure they have beaten some of the top teams in the region but IMO until they beat Magoffin they get 0 respect from me because if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best. I'm not saying it can't be done but I just think Valley's relatively easy schedule will hurt them going into the later rounds. Go ahead.... Start with the bashing, I'm a big boy I can take it Smile
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:how can you say Paintsville fans are making excuses they have congradulated valley on a hard faught game...and have said they Valley was simply the better team...Paintsville had them on the ropes and Valley faught back with heart, determination and the gifts that god gave them which is what has brought them thus far and has the pontetiol of taking them furtur...

I agree 100% with this one! they did play with a whole lot of heart in that game & Esther torn it up! And Sally Roberts is the real deal! i'm very excited about this next PCC & SV game it will be an interesting outcome.. i do know that Valley wants this real bad and that's what it takes to win the 15th region
eaglehoops Wrote:I still am not impressed with Valley. Sure they have won plenty of games, and sure they have beaten some of the top teams in the region but IMO until they beat Magoffin they get 0 respect from me because if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best. I'm not saying it can't be done but I just think Valley's relatively easy schedule will hurt them going into the later rounds. Go ahead.... Start with the bashing, I'm a big boy I can take it Smile
I can't remember anyone literally asking to be humiliated, but oh well, there's a first time for everything. Rolleyes One question, are you saying you have no respect for any team that has not beaten Magoffin County? That's just stupid, in my opinion of course.
all-or-nothing Wrote:I can't remember anyone literally asking to be humiliated, but oh well, there's a first time for everything. Rolleyes One question, are you saying you have no respect for any team that has not beaten Magoffin County? That's just stupid, in my opinion of course.
As far as this season goes I have 0 respect for them, not bashing the players or the coaches but I really haven't been impressed at all with the 7-8 games I've seen them play in. All year every SV fan has said they are great, they are the best team by far, but really when you look at their schedule they only played a hand full of good teams. They have 24 wins, and when you look at their schedule they have maybe 5 quality wins. I'll say they are a good team but not a great one like a lot of people on here say they are. Again, this is just my own opinion. This is not indorsed nor approved by anyone affiliated with bluegrassrivals.com or guru Smile
Who do you want them to play? They've played everyone in their district and region, and traveled to tournaments and beaten people there. The so-called quality teams they have played, they've beaten, with the exception of Magoffin County. I have always said MC is great and is the team to beat. But all teams, including Valley, have to start somewhere. They have to prove themselves before "quality teams" will schedule games with them AND before they will be approved to travel and spend money, etc. You're saying you have no respect for a team that has no control over the people they play. Do you think they are involved in the decision making process early in the year? No. I'm just encouraging you to rethink your position. If you have no respect for them based on the games you've watched them play, well that's your fair opinion. But to compare them with another program with a longer history of success (which is what I thinkyou have in mind with MagoffinCounty and them traveling to Florida) is just not right. If they're not the team you want to win, just say that. No problem! But to say that they have not earned respect in this region by the way they play is just downright unthinkable, in my opinion.
all-or-nothing Wrote:Who do you want them to play? They've played everyone in their district and region, and traveled to tournaments and beaten people there. The so-called quality teams they have played, they've beaten, with the exception of Magoffin County. I have always said MC is great and is the team to beat. But all teams, including Valley, have to start somewhere. They have to prove themselves before "quality teams" will schedule games with them AND before they will be approved to travel and spend money, etc. You're saying you have no respect for a team that has no control over the people they play. Do you think they are involved in the decision making process early in the year? No. I'm just encouraging you to rethink your position. If you have no respect for them based on the games you've watched them play, well that's your fair opinion. But to compare them with another program with a longer history of success (which is what I thinkyou have in mind with MagoffinCounty and them traveling to Florida) is just not right. If they're not the team you want to win, just say that. No problem! But to say that they have not earned respect in this region by the way they play is just downright unthinkable, in my opinion.
I'm not comparing them to MC at all. I do believe though that SV's coach has some input in who they play, even if it were a home and home agreement. All I'm saying is SV has played P-burg twice, Phelps twice, J.J. Kelly out of VA, Allen Central, and Haysi VA. Instead of playing these games why not schedule some high quality teams from the 14th, or 16th regions? I just feel SV hasn't been tested much this season and in the games where they have been they have lost. I really could care less who wins the region cause my team isn't even in it, but looking at the schedule of the other top teams in the region SV by far has the easiest and IMO this will come back to bite them.
eaglehoops Wrote:I'm not comparing them to MC at all. I do believe though that SV's coach has some input in who they play, even if it were a home and home agreement. All I'm saying is SV has played P-burg twice, Phelps twice, J.J. Kelly out of VA, Allen Central, and Haysi VA. Instead of playing these games why not schedule some high quality teams from the 14th, or 16th regions? I just feel SV hasn't been tested much this season and in the games where they have been they have lost. I really could care less who wins the region cause my team isn't even in it, but looking at the schedule of the other top teams in the region SV by far has the easiest and IMO this will come back to bite them.
Point taken. You may be right about that final point. I just wanted to point out that I was saying the TEAM, meaning the players, didn't have a sayso in their schedule. What you seem to be saying is that you don't have respect for the coach's decisions on schedule. I just wanted to clear up whether or not your opinion was based on the schedule or the performance of the players. ANd , I think I have just about beat this horse to death, so I promise not to post on this subject again.
eaglehoops Wrote:I'm not comparing them to MC at all. I do believe though that SV's coach has some input in who they play, even if it were a home and home agreement. All I'm saying is SV has played J.J. Kelly out of VA,

Umm... J.J. Kelly was ranked #2 in Virginia, so thats a great point. Rolleyes
Speaking of Valley's scheduling...weakness is a problem...someone stated that they can not schedule tougher schools due to a "non longer tradition"...look at Magoffin Co. record over the years and compare them to Valleys...Magoffin Co. just up until about 6 years ago was not very competitive in the 15th region while Valley has always been in the thick on things...i think Valley's admin would be more than happy to give them the money to play a team such as Clay Co. or South Laurel i do not think the problem lies there at all...i think Napier just wanted to test the waters this season which IMO is perfectly fine...i look for him next season to search for the tougher games...if i was Napier and Valley i would not focus on the respect that i am getting now they are a good team getting ready to play the biggest game of the year...Weakness of schedule not playing a team such as Clay or Sacred Heart could hurt them...but we must look at this Pike Central did not play one tough team at full health or w/ a full roster so those games helped them but with a minimal effect...
Larry Legend Wrote:Umm... J.J. Kelly was ranked #2 in Virginia, so thats a great point. Rolleyes

Virginia basketball is weak Larry, not to mention they go by class, not the entire state.
you know what eagle hoops you say that you give them 0 respect well theres one thing abbout it they whipped the eagles didnt they so i guess you dont give them any respect. and before you say that the eagles play a tougher schedule they dont they beat paintsville twice law. county once and i almost forgot they beat your precious EAGLES. so dont say that they havent played anyone. there schedule is just as tough as your eagles who are sitting at the house:lmao:
nice post i agree with you 100% and dont worry what those eagles say because all they want to do is cry like little babies
all-or-nothing Wrote:Who do you want them to play? They've played everyone in their district and region, and traveled to tournaments and beaten people there. The so-called quality teams they have played, they've beaten, with the exception of Magoffin County. I have always said MC is great and is the team to beat. But all teams, including Valley, have to start somewhere. They have to prove themselves before "quality teams" will schedule games with them AND before they will be approved to travel and spend money, etc. You're saying you have no respect for a team that has no control over the people they play. Do you think they are involved in the decision making process early in the year? No. I'm just encouraging you to rethink your position. If you have no respect for them based on the games you've watched them play, well that's your fair opinion. But to compare them with another program with a longer history of success (which is what I thinkyou have in mind with MagoffinCounty and them traveling to Florida) is just not right. If they're not the team you want to win, just say that. No problem! But to say that they have not earned respect in this region by the way they play is just downright unthinkable, in my opinion.