Poll: Who Will Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Scott Co.
0%
Huntington High
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott Co. Vs Huntington
Here are the only players I hear OJ compared too,,Lebron James,Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant,,,I wonder why?hehe
After watching the Patterson kid I would take Bill Walker over him,,,before he hurt his knee,,OJ take the money first chance you get pal cause you never know what might happen.
HHS by 25.
EKY Sportster Wrote:You have no idea what you are talking about! You have been greatly misinformed by someone.:lmao:

He does know what he is talking about. OJ Mayo and a teammate beat some kid to a bloody pulp at North College Hill in the school hallway. I don't think he was kicked out of the school, but there were consequences as I believe he was suspended at had to sit out a few games that year. I don't know if it played any part in him leaving but this is true.
I am going to say Huntington High By what they want it to be... SCott County may be good but not that good. Patterson and Mayo will come out dominate in this one.

Huntington High by 15+
EKY Sportster Wrote:Why is everyone making such a big deal over the margin of victory?? I have seen HH play now. They are the real deal!!

The reality is that HH is in a whole other league than Scott County (even though they are one of the best teams in Kentucky). HH is LOADED!! And the amazing part is that they aren't recruited players. Everyone of their team is local talent. OJ moved away but he is a Huntington boy. It is amazing that so much talent could end up on one team at the same time. But unfortunately for their opponents, they did!

HH may not play to their max ability the entire game b/c they won't have to. So the margin of victory may be large or could be closer. But I guarantee you (after having seen them play) it won't be under double digits.

You are exactly right like i said in my previous post the final score will be what HH wants it to be.
alfus21 Wrote:He does know what he is talking about. OJ Mayo and a teammate beat some kid to a bloody pulp at North College Hill in the school hallway. I don't think he was kicked out of the school, but there were consequences as I believe he was suspended at had to sit out a few games that year. I don't know if it played any part in him leaving but this is true.

Nope get the situation right.. The boy gave OJ a hard time, and had threatened by saying "he would make sure OJ wouldn't make it to the NBA".. The two had an altercation in school before the fight, and they were warned.. Then the fight happened. They both were punished.. but not kicked out of school.. And this is another event that happens because of someone who is high profile.. the same thing would happen if movie stars the same age, went to regular school
mrfootball03 Wrote:Nope get the situation right.. The boy gave OJ a hard time, and had threatened by saying "he would make sure OJ wouldn't make it to the NBA".. The two had an altercation in school before the fight, and they were warned.. Then the fight happened. They both were punished.. but not kicked out of school.. And this is another event that happens because of someone who is high profile.. the same thing would happen if movie stars the same age, went to regular school

I was going by this.
http://www.wlwt.com/news/5082701/detail.html

And this..
http://www.wlwt.com/news/5085933/detail.html

And this...
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/bas...OE=SPOISVA

They were originally reported as being suspended 180 days, which was ridiculous but ended up suspended for 10 days.

This was Mayo's second time being suspended at NCH as the first time was because of being accused of choking a girl.

Another link
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/rapSheet/?m=200608

It was more than a basic altercation, and anybody else would have had to sit out more than one game. Either way, getting suspended twice at NCH played a huge roll in his leaving.
alfus21 Wrote:I was going by this.
http://www.wlwt.com/news/5082701/detail.html

And this..
http://www.wlwt.com/news/5085933/detail.html

And this...
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/bas...OE=SPOISVA

They were originally reported as being suspended 180 days, which was ridiculous but ended up suspended for 10 days.

This was Mayo's second time being suspended at NCH as the first time was because of being accused of choking a girl.

Another link
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/rapSheet/?m=200608

It was more than a basic altercation, and anybody else would have had to sit out more than one game. Either way, getting suspended twice at NCH played a huge roll in his leaving.

Not so true.. I do remember the incident at Paintsville a few years back, involving us (Belfry) & them.. There were several players involved.. and one of our players were injured pretty bad, and maybe some of thiers as well.. But no one was suspended more than (1) game.. Schools really arn't as strict as they should be..
But you can't tell me, him being as high profile as he is.. that he isn't harrassed..

O.J. is good kid.. I'm sure if you had all that attention, you'd have problems too.. OJ doesn't have a body guard.. But yet OJ Mayo is a household name..
Who is to say these boys that accused them arn't thugs too?
You have just a regular Joe who is a thug.. and OJ defends himself against him, and then the guy goes an files a accusation.. Whos going it going to look bad on?..
mrfootball03 Wrote:Not so true.. I do remember the incident at Paintsville a few years back, involving us (Belfry) & them.. There were several players involved.. and one of our players were injured pretty bad, and maybe some of thiers as well.. But no one was suspended more than (1) game.. Schools really arn't as strict as they should be..
But you can't tell me, him being as high profile as he is.. that he isn't harrassed..

O.J. is good kid.. I'm sure if you had all that attention, you'd have problems too.. OJ doesn't have a body guard.. But yet OJ Mayo is a household name..

I don't know OJ personally so I can't say if he's a good kid or not, but I know that he is harassed daily and that would be hard for anyone his age.

All I was trying to say was that his leaving of NCH was probably because of some of the altercations and suspensions that occurred.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Who is to say these boys that accused them arn't thugs too?
You have just a regular Joe who is a thug.. and OJ defends himself against him, and then the guy goes an files a accusation.. Whos going it going to look bad on?..

It looks bad on OJ more, but after the original fight on the Saturday that was sparked by both parties, OJ and his teammates went headhunting on Monday and that much seems obvious. Either way, both parties were to blame imo.
alfus21 Wrote:I don't know OJ personally so I can't say if he's a good kid or not, but I know that he is harassed daily and that would be hard for anyone his age.

All I was trying to say was that his leaving of NCH was probably because of some of the altercations and suspensions that occurred.

If you don't know O.J. personally than how do you know he's harassed daily. I do recall a few years ago a kid by the name of Lebron James that was going through this same time in his life with probably handling more attention than O.J. Mayo. If everyone is harassed than why didn't Lebron fight anybody? And the boys they faught with were freshman. I've never been in a school anywhere where a junior is harassed by a freshman. And O.J. was old enough so he was supposed to be a senior than. O.J. Mayo and Bill Walker. Who harrasses a guy 6'5 like Mayo or 6'8 or however tall Walker is? The stories I have found on it say that there was one fight at a school dance which the boy claims Bill Walker suckerpunched him. The fight was over a girl. Who knows what happened here. But the next day it's very clear that a group of basketball players, including O.J. Mayo came into the gym where this boy was and assaulted him. The boy had gym class. O.J. Mayo had a class in a different building at the time. So he had no business there. He purposely came all the way over there for that. I'm not saying he's still that way now..I dunno. But I have no doubt that the boy's story was true. Whats truely sad is that the princaple to the school called this boy's mother and suspended her son for 10 days and recomended him to be kicked out of the school. That is a shame. I don't think thats why he left that school. I think it had more to do with Bill Walker's ineligebility. But stars always get this kind of treatment. I went to Belfry during their reign as state champions and I can tell you with certainty that Doug Howard and David Jones never got harassed by anybody. But David Jones did his fair share of harrassing and did alot of things that would have gotten any other regular student suspended on several occasions. Not to mention other perks to being good at football. But I'll stop that right there. So anybody thats honest with themselves can't get on here and say that they can't see how all this with O.J. couldn't go down like it's reported. If he was in the NBA now than maybe, but these people have nothing to gain by accusing Mayo now. They can't get any money out of it. But North College Hill had plenty of money to lose if they had to kick him out. So they took care of it.
Prep Star Wrote:Also, I'm going to question the knowledge of anyone whom thinks Scott County can beat HHS. SC has few players who could keep the game close for 12-15 minutes but no way it will be close in the end. H-Town might possible have the best starting 5 in America. Not team but the first 5. And for those of you who are posting blindly without watching them, then I highly suggest tune in today at 1 when they play Lex. Cath on WSAZ(for those who get it)

HH by as much as they want.
Coach Wrote:If you don't know O.J. personally than how do you know he's harassed daily. I do recall a few years ago a kid by the name of Lebron James that was going through this same time in his life with probably handling more attention than O.J. Mayo. If everyone is harassed than why didn't Lebron fight anybody? And the boys they faught with were freshman. I've never been in a school anywhere where a junior is harassed by a freshman. And O.J. was old enough so he was supposed to be a senior than. O.J. Mayo and Bill Walker. Who harrasses a guy 6'5 like Mayo or 6'8 or however tall Walker is? The stories I have found on it say that there was one fight at a school dance which the boy claims Bill Walker suckerpunched him. The fight was over a girl. Who knows what happened here. But the next day it's very clear that a group of basketball players, including O.J. Mayo came into the gym where this boy was and assaulted him. The boy had gym class. O.J. Mayo had a class in a different building at the time. So he had no business there. He purposely came all the way over there for that. I'm not saying he's still that way now..I dunno. But I have no doubt that the boy's story was true. Whats truely sad is that the princaple to the school called this boy's mother and suspended her son for 10 days and recomended him to be kicked out of the school. That is a shame. I don't think thats why he left that school. I think it had more to do with Bill Walker's ineligebility. But stars always get this kind of treatment. I went to Belfry during their reign as state champions and I can tell you with certainty that Doug Howard and David Jones never got harassed by anybody. But David Jones did his fair share of harrassing and did alot of things that would have gotten any other regular student suspended on several occasions. Not to mention other perks to being good at football. But I'll stop that right there. So anybody thats honest with themselves can't get on here and say that they can't see how all this with O.J. couldn't go down like it's reported. If he was in the NBA now than maybe, but these people have nothing to gain by accusing Mayo now. They can't get any money out of it. But North College Hill had plenty of money to lose if they had to kick him out. So they took care of it.

Now what your saying is completely, and entirely ridiculous.. I went to school David Jones too buddy.. I was there.. Seemed to me David got along with just about everyone.. And yes David did have to deal with being harassed.. I remember many times David was confronted with racial slurs..
mrfootball03 Wrote:Now what your saying is completely, and entirely ridiculous.. I went to school David Jones too buddy.. I was there.. Seemed to me David got along with just about everyone.. And yes David did have to deal with being harassed.. I remember many times David was confronted with racial slurs..

David got along with everyone until someone did something wrong to him, I am good friends with David... These high profile players dont usually go looking for trouble it usually comes looking for them...
mrfootball03 Wrote:Nope get the situation right.. The boy gave OJ a hard time, and had threatened by saying "he would make sure OJ wouldn't make it to the NBA".. The two had an altercation in school before the fight, and they were warned.. Then the fight happened. They both were punished.. but not kicked out of school.. And this is another event that happens because of someone who is high profile.. the same thing would happen if movie stars the same age, went to regular school
The kids name was billy lincoln and he wanted to get in a fight with oj and sell the story to star magazine and national enquirer but nobody would touch the story so there u go.
Old school Dawg Wrote:The kids name was billy lincoln and he wanted to get in a fight with oj and sell the story to star magazine and national enquirer but nobody would touch the story so there u go.

At least try to justify statements like that with a link to where you got it.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Now what your saying is completely, and entirely ridiculous.. I went to school David Jones too buddy.. I was there.. Seemed to me David got along with just about everyone.. And yes David did have to deal with being harassed.. I remember many times David was confronted with racial slurs..

I'm not even gonna get into it over this. I'm sure he was confronted with some racism just as ever african american is at one time or another in every other school around here. I'm not excusing that. People that feel the need to make racist comments and discriminate are narrowminded idiots. But I seriously doubt anybody walked up to his face, called him something, and pushed him around or something. He was never bullied at Belfry. But I witnessed times when he bullied people for no reason and did things others would get in trouble for. You can say what you want but I know what I saw.
To the moderators that will be monitering this I'm sorry we all got off topic this much. I think The game will be close as long as Mayo wants it to be and then Huntington High will roll. And thats the last comment I'm making in this thread.
Scott by 4
Old school Dawg Wrote:The kids name was billy lincoln and he wanted to get in a fight with oj and sell the story to star magazine and national enquirer but nobody would touch the story so there u go.
This post was followed up with a the word sarcasm is capital letters.It did not come up and I dont know why.I wrote that in defense of OJ because it sounded like people were just making up stories about OJ,s personel life so I made one up in his defense but not until 803 this evening did i see my other post didnt appear.I am sorry and was not trying to mislead one bit, but without my SARCASM post under neath you all would take it for legit.im sorry again but some told flat out lies as the truth.
alfus21 Wrote:At least try to justify statements like that with a link to where you got it.
My post under that with Sarcasm pointing up was deleted.Sorry
You are gonna see Scott County play with an intensity you have never seen them play with. I think Huntington and O.J. Mayo (trust me I know, I played against him before) will come in thinkin they got it in the bag playin a smaller less athletic team. I look for this game to go down to the wire.
Redneck Wrote:You are gonna see Scott County play with an intensity you have never seen them play with. I think Huntington and O.J. Mayo (trust me I know, I played against him before) will come in thinkin they got it in the bag playin a smaller less athletic team. I look for this game to go down to the wire.
That is the kind of game I would like to see redneck.
I think Scott will give me a good game. JBS would Destroy both of them tho
Head Lobsta Wrote:I think Scott will give me a good game. JBS would Destroy both of them tho

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Huntington High by 20+
Good Call