Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike county central 21 Lawrence County 20
Pc come back from a 14 point lead by the bulldogs. It was a dandy of a ball game by both teams. Locked up the 2 seed at least.
Congrats to PCC
This must have been a fun one to watch! Congrats PCC!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
It was a dandy. Tough task next week but that's y you play the game.
Big win for PCC
Congrats to the Hawks on a hard fought victory and I would personally like to thank the kids from both teams for giving the fans their money's worth in this game. Very exciting game to watch even though my Dawgs came up inches short on the 2pt conversion to win.
Congratulations Hawks! Sounds like this was a real game.
Hawks stop 2 pt conversion with 26 seconds left after LC had scored to cut it to 21-20. See ya at the CAM next week!
Awesome game!
Congrats Hawks! #gohawks
Better enjoy it.. heading down the road to belfry next week.
Congrats Hawks on the win!
PCC has stepped up this year. Big improvement.
Pore ole Lawrence. From what I'm hearing it's as if Cecil never left. Is he still involved?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Pore ole Lawrence. From what I'm hearing it's as if Cecil never left. Is he still involved?

A lot of our problems simply come from shooting ourselves in the foot whenever we grab any sort of momentum. A lot of back breaking turnovers and penalties and the fact that we don't have the explosive playmakers to be able to overcome getting behind the chains. The only real issue I see is in the passing game where we only to seem to ever try to throw the ball to 1 person and everyone in the stadium knows who the ball is going to and when. Teams can stack 8 or 9 in the box and just double team #10. We do have a ton of 1st year starters and a qb that has never played the possition before this year. Regardless of record the kids keep playing hard and we have been in most of these games with a chance to win. I think this year for the Dawgs is mostly about finding out what kind of players we have and where they will be the best fit. A very hard pill to swallow but we have to weather the storm.
Just wanna say heck of a game Lawrence County.

Very bold decision to go for the 2 point conversion and the win and I greatly respect that.

Our defense absolutely stepped up and made a huge goal line stand to prevent a TD in the 4th Quarter, and then made the stop on the 2 PT conversion to seal the victory.

I couldn't be anymore prouder of our team!
I had a 4-6 regular season prediction for Pike central. 4-4 right now,, I'm almost on target.
Hopefully next year we get a 6-4 or 7-3
man thay was a great win for us it was a heck of a game.
Who would we line up in the playoffs from the other district
Hawks32 Wrote:man thay was a great win for us it was a heck of a game.
Who would we line up in the playoffs from the other district

Most likely West Carter if you're the 2nd in the District.

As of right now it looks like this for District 5

Russell 1

Fleming County 2

West Carter 3

Bath County 4
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Most likely West Carter if you're the 2nd in the District.

As of right now it looks like this for District 5

Russell 1

Fleming County 2

West Carter 3

Bath County 4

I think you are correct. LC plays Fleming so that should have PCC matched up with WC. We need a 4th team in our district and I wonder if it will be Floyd Central at some point.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Pore ole Lawrence. From what I'm hearing it's as if Cecil never left. Is he still involved?

Coach Cecil was and is a dang fine coach; as is Coach Short. They are merely going through growing pains which is the case with most programs in this state when they've lost what LC has had come through the last couple of years.
0ff The Chain Wrote:We need a 4th team in our district and I wonder if it will be Floyd Central at some point.

Yes, they will be next season.

Plus, I've also heard that Sheldon Clark very well may re-enter the district next season. Making it a 5 team district.
Congrats to Gerald Parker named interim head coach at Purdue.

Pore ole Tomkittens from what I'm hearing it's as if you have no coaching at all and your never going to get past the Eagles. This Lawrence County team has a Brand new young coach who is in his first season ever as the head man. We just lost well over 30 seniors in the last two seasons and in a 60 something roster we have 5 count em 5 seniors. That means we have a lot of freshman and sophomores starting and playing, but that will pay off soon enough. We are taking our lumps this year, but we are improving in every game, and getting a lot of kids valuable experience. We have a bunch of young talent on this team and a bunch more coming up. Sit back and enjoy the show the next few seasons because while were taking our lumps this season we will be dishing out plenty of our own soon. We been in the thick of it every game this year with chances to win except against Belfry and Raceland. Pretty sure you guys lost to Raceland also and you wouldn't fare any better against Belfry. This team is on the rise and in a season maybe two nobody is going to enjoy playing us.
I hate to say it but we need to clean house and start all over. We have kids that can win and win at the present time.
Again, I know Coach Short and I know he is a respectable man but the truth is the truth.