Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County@Raceland 9/30/16
anotherfootballnut Wrote:LC lost a ton to graduation , Rams are a lot better team this year key word being Team .Raceland Defense is playing lights out and tufff for experienced teams to handle and will be extremely hard for younger kids .

Raceland 40
lC. 6

That's a hell of a post nut
TigerBlues Wrote:You need to take more Xanex to go along with your posts :HitWall:

It's late and I was just watching that little red feller getting mad and banging his head against that brick wall on your post TigerBlues! It hit me that I'll bet you that's exactly what Ramdad looks like after every Raceland Paintsville game!
Confusednicker: here he is again.........:HitWall:
Even if lawrence co is young it's still a Friday night with 2 good ol'Eastern KY football teams going at it! For sure better than playing an out of state team! Snap that chin strap and put your mouth piece in! The Bulldogs are liable to rattle those orange helmets a bit!!!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Even if lawrence co is young it's still a Friday night with 2 good ol'Eastern KY football teams going at it! For sure better than playing an out of state team! Snap that chin strap and put your mouth piece in! The Bulldogs are liable to rattle those orange helmets a bit!!!

Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp ! ! ! ! My name is Blue Bird and I have my beak in my back door picking worms, oh I'm sorry, I have my whole head in there ! ! ! !
Chirp chirp chirp ! ! ! !
This has been a weird series the last several years. It seems to go up and down blowout, close game blowout ,close game every other year. Last year we snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory with some mind boggling play calling. The year before we got destroyed in a game that should've been more competitive. The year before that we went to The Rams house on I think homecoming night and won a game that we probably shouldn't have .This is one of the younger Bulldog teams I have ever seen and we only have like 5 seniors I think. The youth of this team has shown through a lot this season but at times you see a flash or two of what we might be in a season or two. This is a very tough Ram team with a lot of experience so it's going to be tough sledding for the Dawgs. I just hope we play sound football, stay healthy, don't get a lot of turnovers and keep it respectable and maybe learn something from it. As in the pound said people are starting to get excited about what we are seeing with this new coach so far and we have some talent on the field they are just young and we have a bunch of talent coming through the ranks right now in middle school and little league. It feels like this team could go on a big run in a season or two. I've said it all season that a lot of teams better get us while they can this season because I believe in the next several years this will be a team that most won't want to play.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:It's late and I was just watching that little red feller getting mad and banging his head against that brick wall on your post TigerBlues! It hit me that I'll bet you that's exactly what Ramdad looks like after every Raceland Paintsville game!

Come on Blue...Your Tiggers have beaten the Rams two times in the last What........ 150 years!!Hahahaha I mean you guys winning last year just makes it interesting again.And don't forget we beat you last year but you got a little home cooking.
Rams dominate. Easy win.
Raceland by a bunch
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:It's late and I was just watching that little red feller getting mad and banging his head against that brick wall on your post TigerBlues! It hit me that I'll bet you that's exactly what Ramdad looks like after every Raceland Paintsville game!

I like you I really do but come on man lol. Paintsville did get us twice last year but since 1998 Raceland is 10-5 against Paintsville with a combined score of 461-265 over that span so I don't think we've been hitting our heads against the wall too much :welcome:
Watched some film on the Dawgs. They are young, but they play hard nosed and physical football. If they had a standout play maker they very well could pull off what they did their last time at Ram Stadium on homecoming night. With that said, this Raceland squad has shown the ability to overcome a slow start, weather the storm of a team coming out playing inspired and faster than expected, and or officiating question marks. The experience and leadership on this team is doing what it should and not letting the team as a whole get too high or too low, and playing their game and being effecient. They have to keep that up with yet another home game full of distractions, if not, they will end up getting emberassed. But I dont think that will be the case...
The Dawgs also have a QB that throws a nice back shoulder throw and a big strong TE that catches the ball well. It will be interesting to see if they try to utilize his height should they get in the redzone against our shorter secondary.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I like you I really do but come on man lol. Paintsville did get us twice last year but since 1998 Raceland is 10-5 against Paintsville with a combined score of 461-265 over that span so I don't think we've been hitting our heads against the wall too much :welcome:

Just some ribbing Blaze. Have a lot of respect for Raceland's program. How can anyone not. They've been a consistent program who have always been competitive and looking like a serious 1A contender this year! Gotta try to keep Ramdad in check though! Lol! Gonna be a monster game at Ram stadium shortly!!
This may be the first time we play in some poor weather conditions. The forecast is calling for a cool evening and possibly some rain. It will be interesting to see if that has an effect on either team, especially Raceland's passing game.
Congrats to Salmons doing a heck of a job.
13-6 Bulldogs
postman Wrote:Congrats to Salmons doing a heck of a job.

Let's don't go that far.......
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Let's don't go that far.......

Why not? So far he has a 24-8 record and a regional championship. The team this year also has one of the best starts in program history. I don't think that is too bad for a 3rd year head coach. Also the boys seem to respond well to him and in the end isn't that what is really all about?
Orange Blaze Wrote:This may be the first time we play in some poor weather conditions. The forecast is calling for a cool evening and possibly some rain. It will be interesting to see if that has an effect on either team, especially Raceland's passing game.

Seems like every year it rains during this match up. Would certainly be nice if the wet weather would help slow down the Rams passing attack. Rain or shine I am looking forward to the game and the food. I know LC will have a bunch of different teams on the schedule for next year but does anyone know if this match up is gonna continue? It has been some of the best games from a fan perspective and I hope they keep each other on the schedules. :rockon:
Orange Blaze Wrote:Why not? So far he has a 24-8 record and a regional championship. The team this year also has one of the best starts in program history. I don't think that is too bad for a 3rd year head coach. Also the boys seem to respond well to him and in the end isn't that what is really all about?

He's still got some bonehead in him.Even he will admit to that Hahahaha
Nathaniel has huge hands which help with a wet ball I don't see rain being a big factor unless it's a down pour
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Nathaniel has huge hands which help with a wet ball I don't see rain being a big factor unless it's a down pour

And we could use this as a opportunity to work on the pounding run game.I would make our O line run block all night long.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:And we could use this as a opportunity to work on the pounding run game.I would make our O line run block all night long.

I agree wet field will not hurt Bailey he don't try and juke people he's a north and south hard runner
^^^Bailey would rather run through a brick wall than around it. Ever see him try to stop if he gets ran out of bounds? Hard not to laugh...
The field will be an absolute mess Friday night.
Rain will be gone by 1 PM. Then sunny & cloudy, & 66 degrees at game time. Only drops to 57 by 10 PM.
Good weather, wet field.
Field is not in good shape. Will be a messy sloppy track tonight.
Are they going to do something about the field? It has always been in awful shape, wet or dry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anything if anything would probably happen next summer. Probably will go all Bermuda.
Bermuda looks nice, but it dies as soon as it gets cool, things would start getting torn up again. I hope they add good drainage also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]