Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Predictions
We are a few weeks into the year now, and have a really good idea what everyone has. This season, more than any other, is showing just how bad and watered down this 6 class system really is. My opinion, right now there is only 1 class out of the 6 that does not have a head and shoulders, better than the rest team.

A: Beechwood vs. Paintsville (Only class where you have no clear cut favorite.)
AA: Mayfield vs. Danville (Mayfield looks tough, Danville and NCC from the east.)
AAA: Central vs. Belfry (Next class please...)
AAAA: Franklin Simpson vs. Johnson Central (Would say JC is best team in this class so far, no one from the west really stands out yet.)
AAAAA: Bowling Green vs. Southwestern (Refer to class AAA)
AAAAAA: Trinity vs. Scott County

Picks to win...
ATongueaintsville (or whomever comes out of the east, but really class could be a toss up between Paintsville, Beechwood, Russellville, Pikeville and Raceland.)

AA:Mayfield (Really think the game against Corbin will tell how good they are this year.)

AAA: Belfry (If LC was the best team from the west, this game could get ugly fast. Hard to believe LC could be Central atm, and Belfry will be Johnson Central... only worse. They could run the ball on anyone in the state, regardless of class. Belfry puts up running clocks against everybody in playoffs, sorry Corbin.)

AAAA: Johnson Central (Compare games, decide for yourself... Danville destroys Boyle, North Hardin barely beats Boyle and Caldwell County, Franklin-Simpson only beats Caldwell by a TD, FS beats Greenwood, Greenwood beats South Warren... Johnson Central clear cut favorite at this moment. I know that's a lot of comparing but talent shows in scores.)

AAAAA: Bowling Green (They put a running clock on number two in their class already.)

AAAAAA: Trinity (Name value only, I could careless about this class.)
Just 3 predictions!!

1A-Paintsville

3A-Belfry

4A-Johnson Central
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Just 3 predictions!!

1A-Paintsville

3A-Belfry

4A-Johnson Central

I second that
Bball, you need to stick to bball, because you are way off base. So, by your analogy here, 4 class is gonna make it better. Okay, in 4 classes, it would appear that Mayfield, by your stats, would be the clear favorite. So in 2a, which would be the top half of current 2a and most of current 3a, you would have Belfry. So now, 3a, you would have the team you think is 4a, JC, being the clear favorite. Now 4a would come down to T, Male or BG, all of which would be in the west and no one to contend from the east. So, what exactly did that improve. It is not the number of classifications. It is that there are simply certain powers that are going to in most years control their class. So, you don't punish the entire state to try to elviate a perceived problem, because you are not fixing anything.

Besides that, if you do, what happens to the Hazard of 11, the Pulaski of 14 and the Scott Co of 14?
It's never going back they make way to much money to go back to 4 classes besides Mysonis55 is right it's where the really good schools are located not the number of classes I like the 6 classes
With 4 classes....

In 2A, Mayfield vs. Belfry would be EPIC!!!
In 4A, Bowling Green vs. Trinity would be EPIC!!!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:With 4 classes....

In 2A, Mayfield vs. Belfry would be EPIC!!!
In 4A, Bowling Green vs. Trinity would be EPIC!!!

I say Mayfield would be 1A again with 4 classes.
We would definitely be 1a if we changed back. So would Danville and NCC. I'm not sure about DeSales, CAL or Owensboro Cath.
So glad you got AA from the East locked up. I think Somerset will have something to say about that, Don't overlook Rabbits, they will be a tough out at Play-off time.
Cell King, the bunnies aren't going to upset the balance this year. If they can't beat Beechwood this year, they can't beat NCC.
I liked the old 4a system. I don't think it'll ever go back to it, though. IMO, you could improve things by taking the really small schools in 1a, maybe smallest 16 or 24 and having their own classification.. A couple of the smaller schools who can actually compete that may fall in that class, could opt to move up, teams like Paintsville and Frankfort. You could have that class and then 4 other classes split equally.. There's just no way a Fulton City, Eminence or Jenkins could compete with the better teams that would fill up 1a..
mysonis55 Wrote:Cell King, the bunnies aren't going to upset the balance this year. If they can't beat Beechwood this year, they can't beat NCC.

Somerset didn't try Doan at QB and he even threw the ball.Somerset may of found there bread and butter. Plus it's hard to go up North and get a win especially if your from Eastern Kentucky.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I liked the old 4a system. I don't think it'll ever go back to it, though. IMO, you could improve things by taking the really small schools in 1a, maybe smallest 16 or 24 and having their own classification.. A couple of the smaller schools who can actually compete that may fall in that class, could opt to move up, teams like Paintsville and Frankfort. You could have that class and then 4 other classes split equally.. There's just no way a Fulton City, Eminence or Jenkins could compete with the better teams that would fill up 1a..

You could have 4 overall classes then divide it into subclasses, e.g. 1A for smaller schools then 1AA for bigger 1A schools that aren't quite 2A yet. You could eventually have a 1A state champ, 1AA state champ, then possibly have them play for the division 1 state championship although I wouldn't personally. That's a lot of champs but it's a way to make the 4A system work and still give the small schools in each division a shot at something.
It's never going back they got 6 classes and the first weekend in December that town is packed there making to much money
Yeah, we always had trouble winning up there in northern Ky also. Oh, wait a minute, come to think of it, I don't think we ever lost up there.