Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where does your team go to summer camp?
Its been a long time since ive seen a list of where most teams go to summer football camps at (Georgetown, etc.) and a lot of coaching changes have been made and such.

Where does your team go and for how long? What do they usually do and how many practices do they try to get in?

Please keep the "these two scrimmaged" stuff to a minimum. It literally happens at every single camp and its always more of a practice against fresh faces than an actual scrimmage where a score is kept.
I know a lot of teams go to Jabez
Raceland stays home
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland stays home

With all the new rules, I think most schools will stay home.
thecoacher Wrote:With all the new rules, I think most schools will stay home.

Its very possible.
I think you should be allowed to do anything you want at summer camps in terms of practicing with other teams or scrimmaging them. Its full contact anyways.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its very possible.
I think you should be allowed to do anything you want at summer camps in terms of practicing with other teams or scrimmaging them. Its full contact anyways.

Well, and let's be honest...what MADE camp back in the day(s) was being able to get off the bus, practice that evening and then practice every morning after with scrimmaging in the afternoon/evening sessions. Be it 11 on 11, group type drills (Oklahoma, 1 on 1's, 7v7) etc.

Secondly, the prices some of these places cost to just go practice for 3-4 days is a joke. I know some that have gone to WKU, and the price tag was in the 9-10K range for a 3A school.

...you can buy a lot more needed things for that kind of price tag than a going away for three days to practice amongst yourselves and "bond".
Coach Ford told me, McCreary will stay home and have a camp.