Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Win 15th Region
The region will come down to Painstville or Valley.

Painstville is building momentum with the close South L. game. If they were to buckle down and decide they want to play as well as they can every game, they'll take it no problem.

Valley, on the other hand, also has a good shot at winning it all. IMO, something is going on in the Valley. Their confidence seems shot. If they get their heads on straight (including their coach), they can walk away with it no problem. We will know this weekend what Valley really has.

If it comes down to these two teams in the finals, and BOTH teams bring their A game, look for probably one of the best games all year. Valley and Paintsville have a habit of surprising everyone come tourny time, with both good and bad turnouts.

Now with me 2 favorites laid out, any team that gets hot could upset them.
Fusion, that is the thing that bothers me about some of the players that get the chance to play high school basketball. You stated, and I think it has balance to it, that when they decide to buckle down and play they will be tough to beat. I am not saying Paintsville or for that matter any of the teams directly, but why would players not be ready to play every minute they are out there and not when they decide. If the attitude of anyone would be they are not playing as hard as they can then they should go back and play ball in PE class. I watched Scott County this year and they seem to have everything clicking pretty good and not only on the offensive side but they get after it on defense as well. That doesn't mean they are a lock to win the state tournament but I bet it won't be because they decide to play or not. I think you brought up a good point in this.
So many things can happen between now and March. Remember we are dealing with high school kids. Some of the better players are just out of middle school. You never know how they are going to handle the pressure of being in a regional tournament. Some teams may get a bad draw and have to play two really strong teams back to back while another team may have an easier path to the finals. These are all factors in determining the champion. The best team doesn't always win. That said, You have to say that Shelby Valley and Paintsville are the two favorites but either one of those two may not make it out of the first round.
Shelby Valley all the way
Paintsville or Shelby Valley...
shelby valley will have no problem in the 15th
Paintsville or Valley
[QUOTE=Larry Legend]Valley has the most talent by a large margin...[QUOTE]

I am not sure this is even close to being true. Paintsville is very talented.
Paintsville!!!

I hope to see Valley play them in the championship game so they can prove they are more talented!
Buckeyex7x Wrote:Paintsville!!!

I hope to see Valley play them in the championship game so they can prove they are more talented!

I don't think it will come down to who is more talented.
Throwback Gata Black Wrote:Johnson Central is going to win it. Mark my word, they'll get things straight and come out on top at the Expo.

:thatsfunn LMAO!!

Of course anything is possible!! lol
Buckeyex7x Wrote:Paintsville!!!

I can assure you that Paintsville has as good or better talent than SV, but it rarely comes down to talent! Look at last year?