Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats 13th regions Caleb Taylor and Trey Farmer
Congrats to Clay County's Trey Farmer and South Laurel's Caleb Taylor on representing the 13th Region at the KABC All Star game.

* West (Regions 1-8) – James Boone (Murray), Sayveon McEwen (Paducah Tilghman), Tyrik Edwards (Christian County), Jaiveon Eaves (Madisonville-North Hopkins), Stewart Currie (Daviess County), Cody Mingus (Breckinridge County), Wade Coomer (Barren County), Dayton Gumm (South Warren), Mason Faulkner (Caverna), Quentin Goodin (Taylor County), Dominique Compton (Green County), Tyler Sharpe (Bullitt East), Ryan Henson (North Bullitt), Alex Cook (Male), Connor McKim (St. Xavier), Carson Williams (Owen County), Jacob Bates (Oldham County).

* East (Regions 9-16) – Ben Weyer (Newport Central Catholic), Tyler Bezold (Covington Holy Cross), Matt Wilson (Campbell County), Antwavon “Pig” Williams (Mason County), Darius Williams (Paul Dunbar), Isaiah Tisdale (Henry Clay), Trey Blevins (Wayne County), Will Hager (Mercer County), Caleb Taylor (South Laurel), Trey Farmer (Clay County), Conner Hoskins (Buckhorn), Travis Dunn (Perry County Central), Hunter Swindall (Shelby Valley), Andrew Tackett (South Floyd), Jordan Perry (Morgan County), Bobby Anderson (Boyd County).

The Kentucky Association of Basketball Coaches has announced the rosters for its East-West All-Star games set for April 16 at Transylvania University.

The girls game is set for 6 p.m., with the boys game to follow at 8 p.m.
Surprised not to see Clays Blake Smith though. This is for seniors only by the way.
Congrats, but this is absolutely lauaghble, doesnt lead the team in a single category other than rebounding.
Good looking list. congrats to farmer and taylor
callmecrazy33 Wrote:Surprised not to see Clays Blake Smith though. This is for seniors only by the way.

Smith should have obviously been included.
I think smith would have been the next 13th region player chosen if they would have taken three.
smith is twice the player farmer is. nobody I know would take farmer over smith
Farmer is the man who makes Clay go
when they need a basket they go to smith. farmer can shoot sometimes but he plays no defense. smith is heads and shoulders above farmer all around.
ky playmaker Wrote:I think smith would have been the next 13th region player chosen if they would have taken three.

Correct. These players are chosen from order of voting from KABC players of the year. The 5th region had Co-Players of the year so both 1st place guys and the 2nd place get to go.
Truth99 Wrote:Congrats, but this is absolutely lauaghble, doesnt lead the team in a single category other than rebounding.

Hardly laughable at all....Farmer is a great talent and Clay was fortunate he ended up there for his high school career.
To even compare Farmer and Smiths game is a complete disrespect to the game of basketball. Anyone with a single brain cell knows Smith is head and shoulders ahead of him. This was put in place at the beginning of year. Certain people threw a fit last year when Smith won 3 different POY awards and threatened to take Farmer to South Laurel. This is simply throwing him a bone, even though Smith leads the team in scoring, fg percentage, 3pt fg percentage, steals, blocks, assists, and deflections. And the defense well is like comparing, nevermind no comparison. Farmer and his lack of defense and the coaching staff trying to hide him on defense is exactly what will beat this team, plain and simple.
I have no beef what so ever with Trey winning this award and am happy for the young man but to say he is even on the same level as Smith is crazy.
Clay County wouldn't have near as much success if you took either Farmer or Smith off the team. Both are talented young men that have represented Clay County well. Both are good players.
Tiggers would already be home without Farmer
Your an idiot E, know absolutely nothing about game. And just try to pit the kids against each other
I had to leave before game was over. Who got player of the game for clay. Had to be smith or farmer
Wolfe I thought played well too
Farmer, Smith got it last game. Smith lead them in scoring, blks asst, and tied for rebounds tonight.
The team as a wholed played well tonight.
I think Andrew Griffith then Wes Wolf are in front of Farmer and Smith but you aren't wrong with any of the 4
Randy_Watson Wrote:Farmer, Smith got it last game. Smith lead them in scoring, blks asst, and tied for rebounds tonight.

Stat line from last night.

Farmer 8-19 fg 19 pts, 5 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl.

Smith 8-14 fg 21 pts, 5 reb, 4 ast, 3 blks, 2 stls.
Believe the White Mamba is the best player on Clays team. Watched them play a time or two.